PDA

View Full Version : Post Christmas Sale Shopping

MorganGrayson
12-26-2005, 02:51 PM
Once again, the leadoff story in the news is about the people crowding the malls, etc., to take advantage of the "after Christmas sales." I wondered how many people here do it.

The poll has "multiple answer" ability. :)

Red
12-26-2005, 08:02 PM
I very rarely return gifts. I may exchange it if the size isn't right, but I'm not a returner.

I've always said I'm going to pick up decoration bargains right after Chrismas, but I never feel like going out to the stores on the day after.

Trev
12-26-2005, 08:12 PM
Usually the gifts I get don't need to be returned and as for hitting the stores again... no chance - I'm going to buy online next year. I've become anti crowd :)

Sin
12-26-2005, 08:43 PM
I have yet to buy anything after Christmas, but if i were going to buy stuff, i'd definitely get going on presents for next year, there really aren't any sales through the year that quite match the Boxing Week sales

Trev
12-26-2005, 08:57 PM
I have yet to buy anything after Christmas, but if i were going to buy stuff, i'd definitely get going on presents for next year, there really aren't any sales through the year that quite match the Boxing Week sales
The UK sales are January, April, June/July and August... but they're not store sales they're the expected seasonal sales... most stores have 3 or 4 sales per season over here...

10% off - is everywhere all the time, it would be cool if they didn't tag 11% on to the price before the clothes hit the rail :)

Sin
12-26-2005, 09:15 PM
The UK sales are January, April, June/July and August... but they're not store sales they're the expected seasonal sales... most stores have 3 or 4 sales per season over here...

10% off - is everywhere all the time, it would be cool if they didn't tag 11% on to the price before the clothes hit the rail :)

Yeah, we have other sales in stores through the rest of the year but Boxing week everybody is trying to get rid of their stock so sales are on average, 70% off... some go as high as 90% in some places..

helix
12-26-2005, 10:34 PM
I hate going to stores.....They have people there!.....ick. I prefer to shop online if possible.

MorganGrayson
12-27-2005, 12:26 PM
I hate going to stores.....They have people there!.....ick. I prefer to shop online if possible.

helix...Hello! :waving: I noticed that thing about the people, too. I don't like that. :(

A long time ago, I used to hit the "after Christmas sales" to pick up "little things" that I kept handy for gifts for teachers and other PTA parents. I put all the things in a box and pulled them out when needed, making myself look like the "always prepared nice person" I wanted to look like. ;) It was a lot easier to look that way if your "Thank You" card was attached to a bath set worth $20 bucks originally that you got for $2 on an after Christmas clearance.

I saw on the "Today Show" this morning that a lot of people hitting the sales are carrying gift cards they got for Christmas. I'd forgotten those when I put the poll up. I don't give gift cards often as gifts. The only exception used to be the Blockbuster gift cards I'd give my kids so they could pick out their own movies to rent during the year.