PDA

View Full Version : Going south

Evil Chris
12-21-2005, 11:24 PM
Planning our sabbatical this week or next.
FB and I are going to spend a week in the islands somewhere.

As long as the only thing I have to think of is what drink I want, and what is the next club I need to take out of my bag... I'll be just fine no matter where we go.

Anyone else taking a trip away from winter?

Lisa
12-22-2005, 02:05 AM
We are living away from winter!

We're expecting temps of 100 (38c) on Christmas Eve and 98.6 (37c) on Christmas Day...

I'm glad this is one of the years I spend the day by myself. I'm planning on putting a mattress in the living room under the aircon, reading books, watching dvd's and eating complete crap. :D

el pres
12-22-2005, 03:11 AM
I'm going to Granada for a few days of snow.

Osiris
12-22-2005, 05:01 AM
That sounds like a plan Lisa. I'll be by myself as well because I don't care for dealing with the inlaws. Besides, I don't celebrate SHITmas(for Trev! :D) But the maws and paws buy the kids a shitload of presents so they're going to collect them Saturday while I stay here and relax a bit.. :)

Newton
12-22-2005, 05:55 AM
Spending what is hopefully my last Christmas in the UK :okthumb:

pushpills
12-22-2005, 07:09 AM
heading to florida on the 10th for a few days to warm up and play some golf with the step-dad, and my mom too, i guess.

grimm
12-22-2005, 08:16 AM
i will be at the bengals game on christmas eve. freezing my ass off

Dravyk
12-22-2005, 11:36 AM
Planning our sabbatical this week or next.
FB and I are going to spend a week in the islands somewhere.

As long as the only thing I have to think of is what drink I want, and what is the next club I need to take out of my bag... I'll be just fine no matter where we go.

Anyone else taking a trip away from winter? Since Electra and I will be skipping Vegas this year ... seriously thinking of hitting Nassau or possibly Bermuda in either Jan or Feb.

Where are you and "Mrs. Evil" going, Chris?

Inabon
12-22-2005, 11:40 AM
i am staying down here and plan to be drunk all weekend :)

Dravyk
12-22-2005, 11:45 AM
i am staying down here and plan to be drunk all weekend :) Ok, people living near rain forests, should not be posting in this thread. :mf_tongue

Inabon
12-22-2005, 12:00 PM
Ok, people living near rain forests, should not be posting in this thread. :mf_tongue

http://www.koaby.com/newoffice/DSC03893.jpg

jungle?

rain forest?

shiiiiiiiit NICK lives closer to a forest than i do LOL

http://www.koaby.com/newoffice/DSC03892.jpg

Dravyk
12-22-2005, 02:47 PM
I said near not in!! ...

I'm betting I'm about 5,000 miles farther from one than you are. :nyanya:

Inabon
12-22-2005, 04:52 PM
I said near not in!! ...

I'm betting I'm about 5,000 miles farther from one than you are. :nyanya:

and freezing your ass off LOL

but we both agree on the drunk part don't we :)

Evil Chris
12-22-2005, 05:49 PM
Since Electra and I will be skipping Vegas this year ... seriously thinking of hitting Nassau or possibly Bermuda in either Jan or Feb.

Where are you and "Mrs. Evil" going, Chris?I had a look at Nassau, and FB likes the Dominican Republic.

But we're going to Ocho Rios. One love mon! :okthumb:

Trev
12-22-2005, 06:13 PM
I had a look at Nassau, and FB likes the Dominican Republic.

But we're going to Ocho Rios. One love mon! :okthumb:
I got married in Ocho Rios, everything should be irie ;)

domtheboy
12-22-2005, 06:46 PM
http://www.koaby.com/newoffice/DSC03893.jpg

jungle?

rain forest?

shiiiiiiiit NICK lives closer to a forest than i do LOL

http://www.koaby.com/newoffice/DSC03892.jpg

LOL, fill that mug full of some festive liquor and have a drink for me dude :wnw:

MorganGrayson
12-22-2005, 08:23 PM
Since Electra and I will be skipping Vegas this year ... seriously thinking of hitting Nassau or possibly Bermuda in either Jan or Feb.

Where are you and "Mrs. Evil" going, Chris?

:blink:

I'm just mentally seeing the two of you going from snow covered Philly to Nassau. That could cause some kind of biochemical freakout of your internal thermostat!! I believe that condition is cured only by the consumption of large quantities of Pina Coladas! :)

Chris...I hope that you and FB have a MOST fantastic time!! :)

I'm as "south" as I'm going, but it's warm enough now and constantly sunny, so all is well! :)

Evil Chris
12-22-2005, 09:09 PM
:blink:

I'm just mentally seeing the two of you going from snow covered Philly to Nassau. That could cause some kind of biochemical freakout of your internal thermostat!! I believe that condition is cured only by the consumption of large quantities of Pina Coladas! :)

Chris...I hope that you and FB have a MOST fantastic time!! :)

I'm as "south" as I'm going, but it's warm enough now and constantly sunny, so all is well! :)I remember the first time I experienced that. It was an awesome feeling!

It was about -10 in Montreal, with a ton of snow on the ground. I mean full blown winter. Hop on a direct flight to Mo' Bay... The doors open and the sunshine and 90 degrees hits me in the face. That was a great feeling. It still is really.

I've been to Jamaica several times already and I love it.

Inabon
12-23-2005, 07:54 AM
LOL, fill that mug full of some festive liquor and have a drink for me dude :wnw:

*BURP*

ohhh yeah :)

Dravyk
12-23-2005, 11:44 AM
and freezing your ass off LOL

but we both agree on the drunk part don't we :) Damn right we do! And always! :beer:

Dravyk
12-23-2005, 11:48 AM
I'm just mentally seeing the two of you going from snow covered Philly to Nassau. That could cause some kind of biochemical freakout of your internal thermostat!! I believe that condition is cured only by the consumption of large quantities of Pina Coladas! :) Well gee, if we gotta then ok, will force myself! hehe

Actually have done it twice before, both times to two of Dokk's Negril Bashes about four years apart, both held in February. :)

Though I had a good time, well, Negril is just ... Er ... Negril, I dunno. I just really don't like Negril is what it comes down to I guess. For a lot of reasons. Nassau which I'd been to before is so much cleaner, happier, safer, comfortable by comparison.

Chris (and Trev) let me know how Ocho is like. I'm wondering exactly how much Negril is typical or atypical of Jamiaca.

Evil Chris
12-23-2005, 12:51 PM
Chris (and Trev) let me know how Ocho is like. I'm wondering exactly how much Negril is typical or atypical of Jamiaca.Sure will. One thing I can tell you though. Negril isn't much like staying at a resort in Montego Bay. Negril is a bit "shanty town'ish".

This will be our first time to Ocho Rios. There are more higher end resorts and hotels there.