PDA

View Full Version : What the kids want for Christmas?

Evil Chris
12-20-2005, 01:20 PM
So what do all the kids (your kids) want from Santa this year?

Underneath our tree next week, our son will find a complete Thomas & Friends set, complete with custom table, multiple trains, track, sets, etc..
That Thomas stuff is not only expensive but *rare* and hard to find as well.

He's also going to find a big Hot Wheels set, and a bunch of books.

That about covers his indoor play interests for this year. :)

justb
12-20-2005, 01:22 PM
I got my daughter a new TV, a Hot Topic gift card, and a gym membership so far. Still have to get some stocking stuffers.

Trev
12-20-2005, 03:41 PM
So what do all the kids (your kids) want from Santa this year?

Underneath our tree next week, our son will find a complete Thomas & Friends set, complete with custom table, multiple trains, track, sets, etc..
That Thomas stuff is not only expensive but *rare* and hard to find as well.

He's also going to find a big Hot Wheels set, and a bunch of books.

That about covers his indoor play interests for this year. :)
My son is big time into Thomas, I'm lucky though as it's everywhere here in the UK.

If there's anything you can't seem to get your hands on then feel free to hit me up :)

Evil Chris
12-20-2005, 03:44 PM
My son is big time into Thomas, I'm lucky though as it's everywhere here in the UK.

If there's anything you can't seem to get your hands on then feel free to hit me up :)I might take you up on that sometime Trev.

The whole Thomas & Friends line of toys is confusing. There are the normal (original) wooden trains, track, and scenes of course. These are the ones that are harder to find over here. Usually only sold in specialty toy shops and always at a premium price.

Toys R Us sells only the Lego Thomas things (oversized trains and track) and they also sell the die-cast trains. But there is no track for these trains.

Trev
12-20-2005, 03:49 PM
I might take you up on that sometime Trev.

The whole Thomas & Friends line of toys is confusing. There are the normal (original) wooden trains, track, and scenes of course. These are the ones that are harder to find over here. Usually only sold in specialty toy shops and always at a premium price.

Toys R Us sells only the Lego Thomas things (oversized trains and track) and they also sell the die-cast trains. But there is no track for these trains.
There are three sets available here as well, the wooden sets come with a brio type of track. The over sized stuff is crap imho, but I'm sure we can get the die cast sets with track.

Evil Chris
12-20-2005, 03:52 PM
I'm going for the original wood set with the brio type track.
Ryan has a lot of the die-cast ones but we're not going to get any more of those type.

I got him the original table and table top as well. He's going to freak out! hahaha...

Bhelliom
12-20-2005, 03:54 PM
being the kid in the family, I would like a brunette, 34c and naked for xmas. Preferably one that is extremely submissive.

Trev
12-20-2005, 04:05 PM
I'm going for the original wood set with the brio type track.
Ryan has a lot of the die-cast ones but we're not going to get any more of those type.

I got him the original table and table top as well. He's going to freak out! hahaha...
:wnw:

Damn you've gone to town, he'll love it :okthumb:

Trev
12-20-2005, 04:06 PM
being the kid in the family, I would like a brunette, 34c and naked for xmas. Preferably one that is extremely submissive.
All these years and I never thought of putting that in my letter to Santa ;)

el pres
12-20-2005, 04:09 PM
I got my 6 year old son a drumkit, it's what he wanted but fuck me it's loud, I didn't like the toy ones so got him a proper one but childsize.

And I got him a robot, about 1ft 1/2 high radiocontroled, it has a grabbing hand and fires missiles.. but I'm going to be playing with that..:)

Nickatilynx
12-20-2005, 04:12 PM
I have gone over the top with mine this year...

But the main thing is I got my biggest boy the xbox360 :)

RyanLanane
12-20-2005, 04:15 PM

But the main thing is I got my biggest boy the xbox360 :)

Good Excuse Nick :whistling

Evil Chris
12-20-2005, 04:16 PM
hehe... it's almost as fun for us as it is for them isn't it? :okthumb:

Biggy
12-20-2005, 04:20 PM
i never got gifts as a kid except when i was really young.

in some ways my parents were reform/conservative when it came to the beliefs of judaism, but when it came to giving presents, they were orthodox - go figure. :)

RyanLanane
12-20-2005, 04:42 PM
May seem cheap and corny.. But my daughter is going to love what we got her.. Bought one of those 3 drawer plastic (stacked) type of things on wheels for her. Lately she has been playing dress up, bracelets... changing outfits... changing shoes... necklaces... all that girl shit..

Missy went out and bought like 60 little $1.00 items we are going to fill that thing up with those and what she already has - That girl is going to have a blast :) Plus got her more play food stuff for her kitchen set - Including her favorite (at 2 it's sad but true) McDonald's .. Every night after she eats and comes down stairs she goes into her kitchen and cooks me a couple eggs brings them to my desk with the frying pan and all :)

MorganGrayson
12-20-2005, 05:27 PM
i never got gifts as a kid except when i was really young.

in some ways my parents were reform/conservative when it came to the beliefs of judaism, but when it came to giving presents, they were orthodox - go figure. :)

Biggy...my sister attempted to explain the differences between "Hanukkah presents" and "Christmas presents." Christmas morning causes sensory overload in a kid; the nights of Hanukkah do not. However, I've never believed that "sensible" is an appropriate adjective for a gift for a child. Back in "my sister's marriage: the early years," like a lot of misquided, uninformed putzes who never bothered to look it up, I took the "Jewish Christmas" definition of Hanukkah. (I'll give all the Jews and half the rest time to stop saying "but..." Yes. I know that's dumb. But that's an example of how misinformation is handed down.) Being a family of "Rules? Ve Don't Need No Stinkin' Rules" I use the appropriate wrapping paper and send up a box of whatever I feel like, at the appropriate time. (My only complaint with Hanukkah is that it keeps moving around and sneaking up on me!) My sister and her family go up to Connecticut every year to spend Christmas with siblings, so their kids get to celebrate Hanukkah at home and Christmas on the road.

Ryan...your daughter will be in heaven! :okthumb:

Vick
12-20-2005, 05:53 PM
Between my house and my ex's my son has more Thomas stuff that I could ever believe was made, all the brio type stuff is at his mother's and we have the smaller plastic, carry stuff here with a while different set of trains and such

For this year the big thing is a Roboraptor (I got off easy)
http://shopping.discovery.com/product-58602.html?jzid=40587878-5-0
It's very cool, rec for ages 8+ and he's a bright 4.5 year young so we'll see how he does with it, guess he'll get a little frustrated with it at first, learn most of it and come back to it. Hoping it will help improve his motor skills and manual dexterity (he's got to learn the remote for it)

Also got a crazy big lego castle, a Fire and Ice Dragon Mega Blok set, we all got our very own doodle monster, additional Lego's, a lego viking ship and dragon, floam, a matchbox haunted house set, (because I was forced to ride it's a small world TWICE on vacation he's getting) a small world ride play set (complete with ride and sound), nightmare before Xmas set, Chicken Little set, sets of disney cards with geography and assorted stocking stuffers.

He'll have Christmas at our house Christmas Eve morning and then have another Christmas with his mother

Really do work at not spoiling him (Know it doesn't sound like it),
he was not allowed to write "I've been good all year and would like this" to Santa. He had to write a proper letter and inquire after the elves, Ms. Claus and the reindeer

and we built a Gingerbread house to leave for Santa as a snack because Santa wrote that he likes ginger snaps (the reindeer like oatmeal and raisin cookies and the elves will eat about anything)

Nickatilynx
12-20-2005, 07:04 PM
The notion that you can spoil a child is arcane and moronic - "A shrink"

:)

Sounds excellent Vick :)

MorganGrayson
12-20-2005, 07:38 PM
The notion that you can spoil a child is arcane and moronic - "A shrink"

:)

Sounds excellent Vick :)

Most excellent, Vick! :okthumb: :clapping:

I especially like the "proper letter." By doing that, and the gingerbread house, you effectively removed the "gimmes" and the sense of entitlement from the equation.

"Spoiling a child" is a phrase that - to me - is never correctly defined. "Spoiled" means "ruined." There are countless ways of "ruining" a child and turning him/her into a little monster...but none of them involve gifts on birthdays, holidays or because it's a day that ends in "y."

Dravyk
12-21-2005, 03:01 AM

But the main thing is I got my biggest boy the xbox360 :) What?! And Enforcer hasn't pleaded for you to adopt him yet?! :whistling

Vick
12-21-2005, 05:44 PM
Thanks

On occasion Sebastian gets the "I want"s when he sees things advertised on TV

and then he gets the most dreaded, worst punishment of all
The sitting on Daddy's knee having to look at Daddy talk

Advertisers do a very good job and of all things Burger King and McDonald's seem to do the best, maybe it's the amount of times the ad is seen and the tie in movie toy being promoted

Cool thing is the roboraptor we got is currently not available anywhere. There are chat boards and web sites devoted to roboraptors. Am thinking about getting a refurbished one off of Ebay and trying the hacks and mods for it

Evil Chris
12-21-2005, 11:21 PM
I went back to the toy store today and noticed they had stocked up on a few things there were out of last week.

So it's more track and trains for me to set up on Xmas eve. :)

I'm getting into the Christmas spirit.

Osiris
12-22-2005, 05:16 AM
Everything they see on T.V. and they're probably getting about half of it.

Some of the things they wanted were Barbie(ANYTHING they see on T.V.), Dora stuff(mostly for the little one because she loves Dora.. Qúe Pasa!), DVDs, etc..

Some key things they are getting are a Vanity that talks, and a T.V. and DVD player.