PDA

View Full Version : Yeeeeeaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sin
12-20-2005, 04:42 AM
I finally got PhpAdsNew figured out!

By "figured out" I mean I have all my "new" banners downloaded, organized, uploaded into the program, advertisers/campaigns/zones figured out and I just tried it out quick and it WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy fuck am I ever excited!!!!

This is the info that I had about the program to work with.

"About 80% of what is in the user guide, you will not need to know."

That was all anybody ever was able to tell me about it, so I was using it rather blindly & hoping for the best!!! And I DID IT!

*does a happy dance*

Steady
12-20-2005, 09:30 AM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

DrGuile
12-20-2005, 10:34 AM
quick question, which mean of storage did you use for the banners?

Dravyk
12-20-2005, 11:40 AM
Congrats, Sin! http://oprano.com/msgboard/images/smilies/smile.gif Yep, sweet system that is.

quick question, which mean of storage did you use for the banners? Even though this is for Sin, perhaps my experiences will be of some help too. http://oprano.com/msgboard/images/smilies/smile.gif

DrGuile, no, I don't do the "in tables" storage thing. I like to upload the banners to a single directory on my server.

As for coding, I also prefer the full HTML coding style even when I could use the seperate banner and destination URLs instead. I like the control of putting everything fully in to the single field. Have to do it that way anyhow for Flash banners and text, so why not for regular graphics too? http://oprano.com/msgboard/images/smilies/smile.gif

Newton
12-20-2005, 03:46 PM
Very well done Sin and good on ya :okthumb:

Sin
12-20-2005, 04:44 PM
quick question, which mean of storage did you use for the banners?

Say what?!?? lol

I managed to get them uploaded & working, I have no idea what you mean though...

DrGuile
12-20-2005, 04:51 PM
Say what?!?? lol

I managed to get them uploaded & working, I have no idea what you mean though...

right, there's a few way to store banners in phpAdsNew...

if you use the 'image in database' method, it will not support a high volume... hell, not even a mid volume...

Im guessing this isnt the default option anymore, but might be worth looking into.

MorganGrayson
12-20-2005, 05:14 PM
Congrats, Sin!! :okthumb: :clapping:

Sin
12-20-2005, 05:20 PM
*logs back in to see if she can figure out the answer to your question*

Okay well this is what I did.

I set myself up as an Advertiser (since I'll be the only one running ads on my site)
I set up each sponsor as a Campaign
-I uploaded banners corresponding with the campaign..
-When it asked for "Please choose the type of banner" the options were: Local banner, External banner, HTML banner, text ad" and I just left it on "Local Banner" and selected the banner I wanted off my HD & filled in all the info.

In Publishers & Zone's, I'm the only publisher, the zones are broken up into the page categories on my site (anal, teen, fetish, hardcore, etc..) and I have Anal-Horizontal top and Anal-Horizontal bottom and at the top are 468x80 banners and at the bottom are 468x60 banners, using keyword selection it picks up all the banners that fit that size criteria which have the keyword "anal" and rotates them in their corresponding zones (which is my understanding)

I could be doing things the difficult way, I really have no clue, but I had no info to go on for how to work with this program so I'm pretty pleased with myself that I even managed to get this far lol