PDA

View Full Version : Morgan...

Evil Chris
12-17-2005, 10:30 PM
Your Chargers visit my Colts tomorrow @ 1pm.

Enjoy the game! :)

RyanLanane
12-18-2005, 02:54 AM
Sorry Morgan, love ya hun... But ...

Uh Uh - LOL

MorganGrayson
12-18-2005, 02:34 PM
Ryan...gonna give ya a tweak! :yowsa:

Chris...I don't know how this will all end up, so I'm just going to enjoy half time while I can. :clapping:

Chargers: 13 :cheer:
Colts: 0

MorganGrayson
12-18-2005, 02:43 PM
Ryan...I just noticed the changed line. :)

Yes. I'm VERY happy! :kiss:

Evil Chris
12-18-2005, 03:39 PM
Great game so far!
The Chargers are all over #18 today.

It's going down to the wire. :okthumb:

MorganGrayson
12-18-2005, 05:04 PM
I'm sorry, Chris. :(

And yes, I think Peyton is going to need some time in the hot tub tonight.

RyanLanane
12-18-2005, 05:25 PM
I swear I can KILL any game just by saying "I'm sure they will win"

I single handedly cost the RAMS the Super Bowl (and myself $5k) years back, I cost the Bears a chance at the bowl a few years back, and I cost the cubs the World Series. The first game I brought myself to watch was the one where the fan caught that ball. I started watching the game 20-30 minutes before that happened!

This year I haven't watched a single bears game - I love them... but they have no chance with me watching them :( I did watch 20 minutes of a game... They gave up 2 touchdowns relatively quick about 6 weeks ago.. then I walked away. LAter that night I heard they came back and won - That's when I was sure!!!

Dravyk
12-18-2005, 05:41 PM

I single handedly cost the RAMS the Super Bowl (and myself $5k) years back, I cost the Bears a chance at the bowl a few years back, and I cost the cubs the World Series. The first game I brought myself to watch was the one where the fan caught that ball. I started watching the game 20-30 minutes before that happened!

This year I haven't watched a single bears game - I love them... but they have no chance with me watching them http://oprano.com/msgboard/images/smilies/sad.gif I did watch 20 minutes of a game... They gave up 2 touchdowns relatively quick about 6 weeks ago.. then I walked away. LAter that night I heard they came back and won - That's when I was sure!!! Ok, Ryan, want you to pick 20 winners in next weeks game. Tell me who they are. I'll pick the 20 teams you think are going to lose, and then when I win, we'll split it 50/50. Whaddya say? http://oprano.com/msgboard/images/smilies/wink.gif

Evil Chris
12-18-2005, 08:46 PM
Too bad for the Colts today.
Maybe they needed a lesson!

Chargers played a great game.

MorganGrayson
12-18-2005, 09:53 PM
Too bad for the Colts today.
Maybe they needed a lesson!

Chargers played a great game.

Thank you, Chris. As always, you are the consumate gentleman. :okthumb:

I can only imagine how much that loss must have hurt. There hasn't been a 14-0 season since the 1972 Miami Dolphins, I believe I heard.

The town has been ringing with "The BOLTS ~vs~ The COLTS!" which is nice. Generally, the Chargers are only referred to as "The Bolts" during seasons when we actually win something.

There is a part of me that would like to take my guys and sit them down and say "look, gentlemen, you took a perfect season away from the Colts. If your fine asses don't end up in the playoffs, I'm going to smack hell out of you."

We have to win our last two games...and somebody else has to lose for us to get a wild card slot.

Our next game is against Kansas City on Saturday, Christmas Eve.

I do have to say that 83 yard run for the touchdown by the guy sent in to replace an injured Ladanian Tomlinson was purty. Damned purty. :)
I feel terrible that I'm blanking on the poor man's name. Yes, I could look it up...but it will be all over the news tonight and tomorrow.

RyanLanane
12-18-2005, 09:54 PM
Ok, Ryan, want you to pick 20 winners in next weeks game. Tell me who they are. I'll pick the 20 teams you think are going to lose, and then when I win, we'll split it 50/50. Whaddya say? http://oprano.com/msgboard/images/smilies/wink.gif

I don't know - if it isn't my money on the line... Then I would pry actually pick the winners not losers. However if it was my money, I would naturally lose 80% of the picks I chose as winners. I pactually tried picking the opposite of who I thought was going to win one week... I still lost 80% of my choices...

Thank GOD I never got too heavy into Sport's Betting - Not that poker didn't kill me enuf lol

MorganGrayson
12-18-2005, 09:59 PM
Ryan...one of the things I love most about football is the "Any Given Sunday" rule. On any given Sunday, any team can beat any other team. Nobody thought the Chargers had a chance today. There's a lot of football fans walking around today muttering "you mean the San Diego Chargers beat the Colts?!?!?"
After the loss last week to Miami, frankly I didn't think we had much of a chance, either. I just hoped it would be a good game to watch and we wouldn't humiliate ourselves. We've had quite a few Sundays where someone should have walked out on the field and said "guys, you do know we're supposed to be playing *football,* don't you?"

This was one of those "Any Given Sundays." I'll bet there are happy bookies all over the planet.

Dravyk
12-19-2005, 01:19 AM
Ryan...one of the things I love most about football is the "Any Given Sunday" rule. Ain't that the truth!

RyanLanane
12-19-2005, 01:28 AM
Ain't that the truth!

Great Movie - If you haven't seen it ... Netflix it, or go to your local video store

Trust Me :)

Remember The Titans was also an EXCELLENT football movie ..

One that jsut came out.. under the lights or something like that, ehhhh ... iffy

MorganGrayson
12-19-2005, 10:19 AM
"Remember the Titans" was a great movie.
"Friday Night Lights" wasn't.

My all time favorite has to be "The Replacements," though. :)

Evil Chris
12-19-2005, 11:56 AM
I haven't seen Friday Night Lights yet. But I have a copy of it.
Worth watching?

I though "Rudy" was a good football movie. Maybe a little over-dramatic though.

Dravyk
12-20-2005, 11:01 AM
Great Movie - If you haven't seen it ... Netflix it, or go to your local video store

Trust Me :)

Remember The Titans was also an EXCELLENT football movie ..

One that jsut came out.. under the lights or something like that, ehhhh ... iffy Any Given .. cool. Don't think they're on the tube yet.

Titans are on TNT this week or weekend I think.

Lights is on Shotime I believe this month.

Haven't seen any of them yet.

I saw The Replacements yet can't think of it now. Who was in it?

Anyone see the latest version of The Longest Yard that came out this year? Anything to it? Or stick with the classic original?

Rudy, saw it long ago. Agreed, Chris, good movie, though a bit overly dramatic, still worth a see at least once.

Evil Chris
12-20-2005, 01:14 PM
Drav, I haven't seen either version of "Longest Yard".
Both are on my to see list.

MorganGrayson
12-20-2005, 05:50 PM
Drav, I haven't seen either version of "Longest Yard".
Both are on my to see list.

Chris...see them in order. The Burt Reynold's version first, then the Adam Sandler remake - which I enjoyed enormously, then for fun, watch "Mean Machine," which is a British "Longest Yard" remake involving soccer.

Dravyk...Keanu Reeves and Gene Hackman were in "The Replacements." :)

Ah, I remember "Rudy." I liked that movie. Haven't seen it in years.

Vick
12-20-2005, 06:02 PM
Loved the 'Dolts game this past Sunday (they're still a great team and I still hate them)

I liked "Friday Night Lights", it was very intense and very honest,
most high school players don't make it to college and the overwhelming majority of college players never play one down of football in the NFL much less see a training camp or have any type of try out
In Friday Night Lights most of the kids that played never even got out of the state of Texas

oh and the Ravens were interesting last night
But then so was Brett Farve blowing his nose on national television and looking into the snot rag when done

Weg Cory
12-20-2005, 06:15 PM
Colts are overrated Chris. Sorry, they haven't played anyone. I bet they are out second round (their first game) depending on who they play. Denver will push them off the ball. I called a San Diego win yesterday for this very reason. I bet 3 AFC West teams could push that defense down the field. I also think with NE peaking, they will not be beat twice by the same team in one year.

RyanLanane
12-20-2005, 06:26 PM
Any given Sunday was actually a football movie, right? If so, it was a good one..

Friday Night Lights... good way to kill 2 hours if you're bored don't make it a priority though

Remember the Titans ... actually got a little emotional in that one - well done movie, very well done.. One of my favorites - dealt with integration of black players, team unity, etc..

Longest Yard - Typical Adam Sandler.... Still expecting it to be as good as Billy Madison or Happy Gilmore and it never is

Replacements I can't remember for the life of me but I know I have seen it ...

Thinking there was one other football movie too that was decent, or I could just be brain dead this afternoon...

RyanLanane
12-20-2005, 06:28 PM
Colts are overrated Chris. Sorry, they haven't played anyone. I bet they are out second round (their first game) depending on who they play. Denver will push them off the ball. I called a San Diego win yesterday for this very reason. I bet 3 AFC West teams could push that defense down the field. I also think with NE peaking, they will not be beat twice by the same team in one year.

A Repeat of last year, huh?

God Bless 'Em - For the second time in a decade the bears actually have a chance this year I think... X-Mas Day game will tell me alot about them.

MorganGrayson
12-20-2005, 06:47 PM
I've always loved sports movies, even about sports that I don't follow. I like the "condensed" aspect of the games. :)

The Chargers :cheer: play the Chiefs on Saturday. I have to keep drumming that into my head so I don't forget. They have to win their next to games and Pittsburgh has to lose one game for the Chargers to get a Wild Card slot in the playoffs.

I think that's it. The whole thing gets so damned confusing to somebody who just wants to appreciate the game and yell like crazy.

Evil Chris
12-20-2005, 11:29 PM
Colts are overrated Chris. Sorry, they haven't played anyone. I bet they are out second round (their first game) depending on who they play. Denver will push them off the ball. I called a San Diego win yesterday for this very reason. I bet 3 AFC West teams could push that defense down the field. I also think with NE peaking, they will not be beat twice by the same team in one year.Did you $ay bet? ;)

I'll agree that Indy's D is hit and miss. It has been all season.
If you have read any of my football posts anywhere, I haven't once predicted a Championship for Indianapolis. But I do think they're going to make it to Detroit on February 5th.

Weg Cory
12-21-2005, 12:02 AM
Shake on it?

http://fubarwebmasters.com/current/wae05/gammae/z01107.jpg

MorganGrayson
12-21-2005, 10:36 AM
Oh, I do so love this time of year when the testosterone is in bloom.... ;)

Evil Chris
12-21-2005, 02:41 PM
Shake on it?

http://fubarwebmasters.com/current/wae05/gammae/z01107.jpghehe... ok sure. But first, is this just on Indy making it to the Superbowl or are you still pinning your hopes on KC?

MorganGrayson
12-21-2005, 03:19 PM
:-popcorn:

Oooh, boy! :yowsa:

I think the loser should have to post pics! :okthumb: :clapping:

Note to the populace: I did NOT specify what kind of pics! Nobody 'round here said "nekkid." :)

Evil Chris
12-21-2005, 11:19 PM
Well Morgan, you already have a horrible picture of pasty old me (that was taken in the early spring '05 at the end of a long winter).
Not to mention VirtuMike has his finger in my armpit. :agrin:

Weg Cory
12-22-2005, 12:17 AM
You just had to bring up the boys in red didn't you.

Evil Chris
12-22-2005, 08:53 AM
You just had to bring up the boys in red didn't you.Well they aren't half bad this year, but certainly not up to what I'm sure your expectations were at the start of the season.

Dravyk
12-22-2005, 11:39 AM
Not to mention VirtuMike has his finger in my armpit. :agrin: I didn't notice that until you mentioned it! Ah shit, too funny! :lmao1:

MorganGrayson
12-22-2005, 12:02 PM
Well Morgan, you already have a horrible picture of pasty old me (that was taken in the early spring '05 at the end of a long winter).
Not to mention VirtuMike has his finger in my armpit. :agrin:

Sweetie, compared to me, you are downright swarthy. :)
I used to get my kids to wear sunblock *very* easily. All I'd have to do is say "do I have to tell the 'Grandpa story' again?"
When my father was on maneuvers with the Army in Death Valley, he got a sunburn so badly *through* a t-shirt that his back split open like a hot dog and he landed in the hospital. We're the only family that used to say "hey! it's rainy and overcast! let's go to the beach!" :)

I was wondering about the finger in the armpit, but I couldn't find a delicate way of asking. :blink:

Sharpie
12-24-2005, 09:50 AM
Well today's game should be interesting! I don't get that many Colts games down here. And I have a dinner to go to at 5pm...bah humbug.... I would rather be watching the Colts.

The Colts have a 'lot on their plate, to contend with this week....so, we will see what kind of character they have:-)

voodooman
12-24-2005, 02:00 PM

This year I haven't watched a single bears game - I love them... but they have no chance with me watching them :( I did watch 20 minutes of a game... They gave up 2 touchdowns relatively quick about 6 weeks ago.. then I walked away. LAter that night I heard they came back and won - That's when I was sure!!!

You have the same luck I do. I watch the Chiefs/Royals/Jayhawks and they always lose.

Ok Ok, so those teams lose anyways, but still they do horrible when I watch.