PDA

View Full Version : Ohhh Red Dodge Viper. gets me all HOT HOT HOT

NickJ
12-16-2005, 08:13 AM
Wow this is a beautiful machine. I am in the dealership getting my little SRT 4 serviced and looking at this Viper. I got the SRT 4 becuase it was cheap and fast. It has been great but I am getting tired of all the thumbs up from the high school kids. Need something more mature but with a 70 grand price tag I don't know. Maybe I should just go for a Bimmer or Benz. Anyone have a viper here? Got comments?

Anthony
12-16-2005, 09:46 AM
You'll still get thumbs up from high school kids. Everyone will want to race you, including your partner in his SL600. :)

Expect to fill up on gas every other day, as it only has a 225KM range.

Nickatilynx
12-16-2005, 10:04 AM
No abs or traction control ....(they may have it now, I wouldn't know)

Snarling growling and letting you know it will kill you if you mess up.No trunk space..cramped interior.

But on a clear day early morning no cars around a fast winding road , great fun being enveloped in the leather interior like a womb. :)

(Fuck I channeled Jeremy Clarkson then..)

But day to day , use everyday ,as a sports cars IMHO you can't beat a 911.

Anthony
12-16-2005, 10:10 AM
No abs or traction control ....(they may have it now, I wouldn't know)

Snarling growling and letting you know it will kill you if you mess up.No trunk space..cramped interior.

But on a clear day early morning no cars around a fast winding road , great fun being enveloped in the leather interior like a womb. :)

(Fuck I channeled Jeremy Clarkson then..)

But day to day , use everyday ,as a sports cars IMHO you can't beat a 911.

911 Convertible you had!

To this day, I think the concensus would be that we were gay lovers if we got matching Porches. LOL

Dravyk
12-16-2005, 01:58 PM
To this day, I think the concensus would be that we were gay lovers if we got matching Porches. LOL Um, under the circumstances, I think you may as well get the matching Porches, Ant. http://oprano.com/msgboard/images/smilies/tongue.gif

Anthony
12-16-2005, 02:28 PM
Um, under the circumstances, I think you may as well get the matching Porches, Ant. http://oprano.com/msgboard/images/smilies/tongue.gif

Do NOT make me start in on you again.

DrGuile
12-16-2005, 02:57 PM
Wow this is a beautiful machine. I am in the dealership getting my little SRT 4 serviced and looking at this Viper. I got the SRT 4 becuase it was cheap and fast. It has been great but I am getting tired of all the thumbs up from the high school kids. Need something more mature but with a 70 grand price tag I don't know. Maybe I should just go for a Bimmer or Benz. Anyone have a viper here? Got comments?

Maybe Im way off base, but if you drive a SRT-4, which is a fun affordable car, you can't afford a Viper and are BSing us.

Have a nice day.

Dravyk
12-16-2005, 03:34 PM
Do NOT make me start in on you again. You so want me. ;)

Nickatilynx
12-16-2005, 03:56 PM
Maybe Im way off base, but if you drive a SRT-4, which is a fun affordable car, you can't afford a Viper and are BSing us.

Have a nice day.

You have the makings of a fine moderator, Frenchie ;-)))

NickJ
12-17-2005, 08:08 PM
I drive the srt 4 becuase it was cheap and fast and america. I really like becuase it is small. I could afford a more expensive car but why when this little machine did it all .. And it has 4 doors with lots of room. It is a great car and the price makes it even better. I had a porsche but spun it out on one rainy night and that car scared the shit out of me. The rear engine really sneaks up on you in corners and just whips right around. The Viper nice but no room. I drove that subaru STI last night but don't like it. It is ugly and drives like a truck. I think the SRT 8 is cool but also real big. I like having this small car like the SRT 4. It is like a jet ski.

sudden
12-17-2005, 08:16 PM
I drive the srt 4 becuase it was cheap and fast and america. I really like becuase it is small. I could afford a more expensive car but why when this little machine did it all .. And it has 4 doors with lots of room. It is a great car and the price makes it even better. I had a porsche but spun it out on one rainy night and that car scared the shit out of me. The rear engine really sneaks up on you in corners and just whips right around. The Viper nice but no room. I drove that subaru STI last night but don't like it. It is ugly and drives like a truck. I think the SRT 8 is cool but also real big. I like having this small car like the SRT 4. It is like a jet ski.

There's a difference between being able to lease and/or buy a car via monthly payments, and actually being able to AFFORD it.

If I was only able to "afford" a car (as in monthly payments/leasing), then I wouldn't get it - a car is not an investment (except for a few rare ones) so it's a stupid buy if you're tight on money.

domtheboy
12-17-2005, 08:47 PM
It's just as well I can't afford a fast car, I would kill myself if somone let me loose in a beast like a dodge viper :(

NickJ
12-17-2005, 09:54 PM
Dometheboy is right. These fast cars are dangerous but I just can't seem to keep myself away from them. In about a week my SRT 4 is gong to have 310 hp at the wheels (so dodge says). The car only weighs 2750 pounds. This should be pretty crazy. I am going to have to be very careful.

sudden
12-17-2005, 10:06 PM
Dometheboy is right. These fast cars are dangerous but I just can't seem to keep myself away from them. In about a week my SRT 4 is gong to have 310 hp at the wheels (so dodge says). The car only weighs 2750 pounds. This should be pretty crazy. I am going to have to be very careful.

Yes you will have to very careful. Dont want to act carelessly when driving a shitty american car.

RyanLanane
12-18-2005, 03:03 AM
Seriously... and not just because I am a vette lover. The new Z06 coming out is the best value and the most bang for your buck you will get if you want something that is more of a fun ride. You can take traction control off if you want to spin 'em - Keep it on and you're 0-60 is light speed.

It really does tear up the Viper... plus it has more luxeries such as AC, leather seats that are comforable and heated, HUD, etc..

Viper is meant to be a PURE STREET LEGAL RACE CAR. Has I believe 75 more HP then the Z06, is about 20K more expensive now (the gap is narrowing lately ... new Z06 is $65K) ... but the Viper doesn't have any of the features that make it a a nice ride - if you want a race car get a viper.

If you want a race car and a luxery car plus the best value to dollar spent (every Car magazine agrees) get the new vette - even if not the Z06....

Let us know what you decide!