PDA

View Full Version : Canadians got spanked by Bush

slavdogg
12-14-2005, 09:13 AM
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20051214.wxwilkins14/BNPrint/specialDecision2006/

OTTAWA and VANCOUVER — The United States launched an exceptional mid-campaign rebuke yesterday of the Liberal government's constant criticism of the Bush administration, bringing the high level of tensions between the world's two biggest trading partners to the forefront of the Canadian election.
"It may be smart election-year politics to thump your chest and constantly criticize your friend and your No. 1 trading partner. But it is a slippery slope, and all of us should hope that it doesn't have a long-term impact on the relationship," the U.S. ambassador to Ottawa, David Wilkins, said in a tough speech to the Canadian Club at the Chateau Laurier.

Evil Chris
12-14-2005, 09:33 AM
ah screw Wilkins. ;)

I saw his speech. Still, I wonder how the two major parties will switch gears. My feeling is that Martin will stay his present course and Harper will kiss ass.

DrGuile
12-14-2005, 01:20 PM
Which part is the spanking?

Isnt it a bit funny when the USA, self-appointed leader of the world's freedom, says you shouldnt express yourself and critisize them?

Evil Chris
12-14-2005, 02:43 PM

Isnt it a bit funny when the USA, self-appointed leader of the world's freedom, says you shouldnt express yourself and critisize them?But but but... why would we? :rolleyes:

DollarManSteve
12-14-2005, 02:52 PM

Isnt it a bit funny when the USA, self-appointed leader of the world's freedom, says you shouldnt express yourself and critisize them?

The point was that taking shots at the US for the purpose of personal (liberal) political gain is not prudent. Yes, disagree and such all you want, but do so in a professional way and treat your closest ally and biggest trading parnter with mutual respect. There is a way to disagree while still maintaining the integrity of the relationship.

DrGuile
12-14-2005, 02:56 PM
The point was that taking shots at the US for the purpose of personal (liberal) political gain is not prudent. Yes, disagree and such all you want, but do so in a professional way and treat your closest ally and biggest trading parnter with mutual respect. There is a way to disagree while still maintaining the integrity of the relationship.

I missed the speech where Paul Martin called them cunts....

I hate Paul Martin, but the condescending tone of the US' ambassador makes my skin crawl.

Sin
12-14-2005, 03:32 PM
LOL Wilkins is finally starting to crack it looks like.

Poor bloke. I like him actually, he's a good guy but it sure didn't take him long to start saying statements like that one. GOOD for him though for speaking up... lol

But yes, the idea of the Canadian government making any kind of comments about the Bush Administration at this point is really ridiculous.

Nickatilynx
12-14-2005, 03:41 PM
I missed the speech where Paul Martin called them cunts....

I hate Paul Martin, but the condescending tone of the US' ambassador makes my skin crawl.

I'd vote for the guy that did lol

Wouldnt it be cool to have a politician that said..

"The Iraq situation is fucked. American soldiers are dying..fuck that!!!
OK , so the war was based on total fucking ass to begin with , lets just get the fuck out, oh and listen towel heads...you blow up anything in my country again..and I'm gonna level...ummmm Riyadh. Nothing to do with Riyadh ya say?...You think I give a fuck? Anything blows up through an Arab terrorist in my country again I level Riyadh , so if I was the people of fucking Riyadh I'd have a word with some people...real quick.oh and you Frenchies..we hate you..fuck off!!!"

Bush could probably get away with it...

;-))

Evil Chris
12-14-2005, 03:59 PM
Mix ignorance with arrogance! Become a Republican! (http://www.thefrown.com/frowners/becomerepublican.swf)

Sin
12-14-2005, 04:02 PM
Paul Martin used the word cunt? LOL

And Wilkins has a point. He's done quite a bit since he got his position & I'm certainly a lot happier with him than I was with the former Ambassador.

Dravyk
12-14-2005, 11:37 PM
I hate Paul Martin, but the condescending tone of the US' ambassador makes my skin crawl. Oh come on Frenchie, you love people with condescending tones!! All the French do! You'd vote him in for God if it were on the ballot. :p

Almighty Colin
12-15-2005, 06:21 AM
""What if one of your best friends criticized you directly and indirectly almost relentlessly? "

Most Canadians I know do this on a weekly basis if not daily about the US.

Most Americans would be hard-pressed to even find Canada on a map!

:-P

Monk
12-15-2005, 08:10 AM
""What if one of your best friends criticized you directly and indirectly almost relentlessly? "

Is that supposed to be an idictment of Canadians or Americans?? lol

most Americans would be hard-pressed to find any other country besides U.S.A. on a map.

Almighty Colin
12-15-2005, 08:15 AM
Is that supposed to be an idictment of Canadians or Americans?? lol

most Americans would be hard-pressed to find any other country besides U.S.A. on a map.

We're all Americans. Now pay your tribute and move on.

Monk
12-15-2005, 09:41 AM
We're all Americans. Now pay your tribute and move on.

I did... you missed it.

Dravyk
12-15-2005, 02:30 PM

:-P Canada? ... That's all those rebellious US territories between the states of Washington and Alaska, ain't it?

... Think there's some French colony or something on the other side of the Lake Erie too, if I recall.

slavdogg
12-15-2005, 10:17 PM

Most Americans cant even spell Canada
http://www.breitbart.com/news/2005/12/15/D8EGQEMOE.html

I on the other hand can speak some Canadian
How bout it, ey? :)

sudden
12-15-2005, 10:23 PM
I on the other hand can speak some Canadian
How bout it, ey? :)

Really, I believe it's "eh" :))

slavdogg
12-15-2005, 10:27 PM