PDA

View Full Version : Last night's Survivor finale and next seasons Survivor location!

TheEnforcer
12-12-2005, 02:22 PM
TIVO'd the finale last night and watched it after I got home from the game!!

Well, I know Nick is happy as all hell because Danni won, :) though in all honesty I believe that Steph deserved to win much more. She came in with a target and manipulated everyone in that game from start to finish. :okthumb: Danni most certainly had a very good second half of the game to be sure but Steph was in charge of that game from the beginning to the very end and deserved to win the prize. That final challenge was perfect for Danni because she is tall with long legs and could very comfortably lean against that pole with no real problems because of her hright and long legs.

On another note maybe we'll see Inabon invade the Survivor island because they are going to Panama and the format looks to be taking a very big twist with a different way to divvy up the tribes and a promise that one tribe member will be forced to fend for themselves alone on a small island for a time. Looks like they may be ratcheting up the difficulty factor once again. :okthumb:

Nickatilynx
12-12-2005, 02:25 PM
The game is always won by being the one that flys under the radar at given moments..

Rafe was a twat. If he and danni had voted out steph and left him her and Lydia he would have won.

TheEnforcer
12-12-2005, 02:36 PM
Yeah, Rafe really fucked up to be sure. I was intruiged by the tease for next seasons show as it sounds like they are once again going to ratchet up the difficulty factor.

OldJeff
12-12-2005, 03:31 PM
I can only think of 2 times that the person that played the best game won. Richard in the fist season, and Tom in the one before this one.

They need to do away with the Jury vote, and make it truely last man/woman standing.

Every time, there is someone that played well (and the whole jury is pissed at) and someone that just tagged along with the best player, that the jury is not pissed at. Guess who wins...

TheEnforcer
12-12-2005, 04:03 PM
I can only think of 2 times that the person that played the best game won. Richard in the fist season, and Tom in the one before this one.

They need to do away with the Jury vote, and make it truely last man/woman standing.

Every time, there is someone that played well (and the whole jury is pissed at) and someone that just tagged along with the best player, that the jury is not pissed at. Guess who wins...

Yeah, the jury vote deciding the winner is rather annoying. Steph gave good answers for all the questions on why she made the decisions she made.

sudden
12-12-2005, 04:25 PM
TIVO'd the finale last night and watched it after I got home from the game!!

Well, I know Nick is happy as all hell because Danni won, :) though in all honesty I believe that Steph deserved to win much more. She came in with a target and manipulated everyone in that game from start to finish. :okthumb: Danni most certainly had a very good second half of the game to be sure but Steph was in charge of that game from the beginning to the very end and deserved to win the prize. That final challenge was perfect for Danni because she is tall with long legs and could very comfortably lean against that pole with no real problems because of her hright and long legs.

On another note maybe we'll see Inabon invade the Survivor island because they are going to Panama and the format looks to be taking a very big twist with a different way to divvy up the tribes and a promise that one tribe member will be forced to fend for themselves alone on a small island for a time. Looks like they may be ratcheting up the difficulty factor once again. :okthumb:

How can you watch this drivel?

sudden
12-12-2005, 04:26 PM

Umm so, what you're saying is, the person who "played well" didn't really play well - because they didn't win. The smart move seems to be to actually stay in the background?

TheEnforcer
12-12-2005, 04:45 PM
How can you watch this drivel?

Because it's fun to watch and it is always fun to watch human nature at work. Watching the interpersonal dynamics between the contestants during the run of the show is interesting as all hell.

TheEnforcer
12-12-2005, 04:56 PM
Umm so, what you're saying is, the person who "played well" didn't really play well - because they didn't win. The smart move seems to be to actually stay in the background?

It's a matter of what you value as being a "good" player in the game and is worthy of being rewarded with the vote for the $1 million dollars. Some people feel the wrong people have usually, though not always, won the contest as the wrong skills or actions were rewarded.

Dravyk
12-12-2005, 04:56 PM
How can you watch this drivel? What he said! :unsure:

Osiris
12-12-2005, 05:37 PM
I never did like that show. That's not surviving, that's like being put in a recess yard and having your ass kicked for being the unpopular kid.

Dravyk
12-12-2005, 05:38 PM
I never did like that show. That's not surviving, that's like being put in a recess yard and having your ass kicked for being the unpopular kid. Well said! :)

Nickatilynx
12-12-2005, 05:41 PM
Scroll up and spot the unpopular kids at High School....

LOL....

Osiris
12-12-2005, 05:45 PM

LOL....

I knew some dumbass would say that.. Hahahaha

Sin
12-12-2005, 05:48 PM
I've never watched the show...

Peaches
12-12-2005, 05:50 PM
I still want them to go somewhere COLD!! :)

Nickatilynx
12-12-2005, 05:53 PM

They'd die ...

;-)

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

Sin
12-12-2005, 05:55 PM
Actually somewhere cold does sound like an intriguing idea, send 'em up to the Yukon lol

Sin
12-12-2005, 05:55 PM
I still wouldn't watch it though.

Nickatilynx
12-12-2005, 05:56 PM
I still wouldn't watch it though.

Why?

Sin
12-12-2005, 05:58 PM
I don't watch much TV.

I was never allowed to watch TV as a kid, and don't even own a television now. If I feel inclined to watch TV I stay behind at work sometimes, but that's rare.

Sin
12-12-2005, 05:59 PM
Mostly because I am not really a fan of mindless entertainment.

Osiris
12-12-2005, 06:01 PM
Mostly because I am not really a fan of mindless entertainment.

But you said you liked talking to me.. :(

Sin
12-12-2005, 06:02 PM
A few facts about television, from my Psych class last year!!!

--Children's potential is severely limited by lack of creative play
--Replaces conversation, imagination, and play
--Less parental interaction
--Floods brain w/images when developing brain should be forming images from within
--Average N.A. kid has seen 6000 hours of TV by age 5, and 8000 murders by completing elementary school (including cartoons)

**Brainwaves do not critically evaluate TV
******Within 30 seconds our brainwaves switch from Beta (alert & conscious) to Alpha (unfocused, receptive)
--Our logical left hemisphere tunes out.

Kids Habituate, so less is boring (ie when grounded from TV they get bored & say things like "There's nothing to do...")
There's 16 acts of violence per hour (on average) in kids programming, vs 8 per hour in adults.

Media Violence & Social learning:
40% of the violence seen, is done by the good guys. Means violence must be okay.
75% of the violence depicted results in no remorse, and 40% of bad guys get no consequence.

Sin
12-12-2005, 06:02 PM
But you said you liked talking to me.. :(

I do Osiris, I do. You're not mindless entertainment, you're interactive entertainment ;)

Nickatilynx
12-12-2005, 06:03 PM
A few facts about television, from my Psych class last year!!!

--Children's potential is severely limited by lack of creative play
--Replaces conversation, imagination, and play
--Less parental interaction
--Floods brain w/images when developing brain should be forming images from within
--Average N.A. kid has seen 6000 hours of TV by age 5, and 8000 murders by completing elementary school (including cartoons)

**Brainwaves do not critically evaluate TV
******Within 30 seconds our brainwaves switch from Beta (alert & conscious) to Alpha (unfocused, receptive)
--Our logical left hemisphere tunes out.

Kids Habituate, so less is boring (ie when grounded from TV they get bored & say things like "There's nothing to do...")
There's 16 acts of violence per hour (on average) in kids programming, vs 8 per hour in adults.

Media Violence & Social learning:
40% of the violence seen, is done by the good guys. Means violence must be okay.
75% of the violence depicted results in no remorse, and 40% of bad guys get no consequence.

87% of college undergraduates that post stats really aren't understanding the lessons...

;-))

sudden
12-12-2005, 06:07 PM
It's a matter of what you value as being a "good" player in the game and is worthy of being rewarded with the vote for the $1 million dollars. Some people feel the wrong people have usually, though not always, won the contest as the wrong skills or actions were rewarded.

The "good" player is undoubtedly the one who wins, whether you think s/he is worth of it or not.

sudden
12-12-2005, 06:08 PM

LOL....

And exactly what is the point of being popular in High School?

Sin
87% of college undergraduates that post stats really aren't understanding the lessons...

;-))

Ahh yes, but then there's that 13% that do ;)

Sin
And exactly what is the point of being popular in High School?

No shit, who the fuck would want to be popular in high school?

I'm sorry, but teenagers never have & never will be the group that I aspire to impress.

sudden
12-12-2005, 06:09 PM
It's great how I've been a member longer than most, made far fewer posts than most and still have more points than most! :)))

Nickatilynx
12-12-2005, 06:09 PM
The "good" player is undoubtedly the one who wins, whether you think s/he is worth of it or not.

I love you ......

in a manly way though.

not in a fondly fondly of the buttocks , lets all smear ourselves in strawberries and cream and lick it off and then play hide the sausage way.

(not that there's anything wrong with that)

Nickatilynx
12-12-2005, 06:10 PM
No shit, who the fuck would want to be popular in high school?

I'm sorry, but teenagers never have & never will be the group that I aspire to impress.

So who do you want to impress?

Sin
12-12-2005, 06:13 PM
Impress isn't the word I oughta be using anyways, but "impress" is about what high school kids look for & strive for.

What I aim for, is to be pleased with myself & my accomplishments. I wouldn't say I aim to "impress" myself because if I was impressed with myself, progression would cease & my life would come to a standstill. There's always something higher/bigger/better to go after next. Overcoming an obstacle just means that you get to start working on the next one.

Nickatilynx
12-12-2005, 06:17 PM
Impress isn't the word I oughta be using anyways, but "impress" is about what high school kids look for & strive for.

What I aim for, is to be pleased with myself & my accomplishments. I wouldn't say I aim to "impress" myself because if I was impressed with myself, progression would cease & my life would come to a standstill. There's always something higher/bigger/better to go after next. Overcoming an obstacle just means that you get to start working on the next one.

too late...

You know as well as I do that your first answer reveals so much more , doesn;t it.

Its the difference wouldn't you say of emotion and concious thought perhaps...

Sin
12-12-2005, 06:20 PM
Perhaps... but I also wouldn't hesitate to do anything that will facilitate my progession in life... and sometimes impressions will do that.

Nickatilynx
12-12-2005, 06:22 PM
Perhaps... but I also wouldn't hesitate to do anything that will facilitate my progession in life... and sometimes impressions will do that.

Anything?

Sin
12-12-2005, 06:23 PM
Emphasis should be focused on the "that will facilitate"

Sin
12-12-2005, 06:24 PM
There's many anythings out there, some would facilitate, some would hinder, severely.

Sin
12-12-2005, 06:26 PM
Using the example at hand, impressions.

If I seek to impress certain people, or make a certain impression on certain people, it will make my life a lot easier than if they think I'm just a bitch.

Its like with work, if you do a good job, you impress your bosses, you get a reference to move up in life. If you don't impress them, you're not going to get a positive reference, and you've just hindered your chances for succeeding/proceeding/progressing.

Sin
12-12-2005, 06:27 PM
In high school I suppose it would've been my teachers, moreso than my peers... that I would've sought to "impress"

Sin
12-12-2005, 06:29 PM
And probably my biggest goal in life, is to leave an impression, overall.

There's a lot of people out there, that if they hadn't ever been born, life wouldn't have missed them. Someone else would've gotten their job as cashier at the supermarket, or as executive assistant, or whatever it is they pissed their life away doing, (no matter how meaningful it may have seemed at the time to them) an accomplishment of "I got the position" isn't really that much of an accomplishment. If person A didn't get it, person B would've.

sudden
12-12-2005, 06:32 PM
I love you ......

in a manly way though.

not in a fondly fondly of the buttocks , lets all smear ourselves in strawberries and cream and lick it off and then play hide the sausage way.

(not that there's anything wrong with that)

Hmm, no matter how you put it, this does sound fairly queer :||

TheEnforcer
12-12-2005, 07:07 PM

I love the concept as far as how it would affect the competition itself :) but it would totally fuck up my beloved gratuitious tits and ass shots!!!! :(

Wouldn't you miss your shirtless guys Peaches?

Dravyk
12-12-2005, 08:33 PM
87% of college undergraduates that post stats really aren't understanding the lessons... 76.2% of all statistics are made up. :)

sudden
12-12-2005, 09:28 PM
76.2% of all statistics are made up. :)

99% of people are stupid (now go figure out if I also made that up)

Sin
12-12-2005, 10:06 PM
99% of people are stupid (now go figure out if I also made that up)

Now that's a statistic that is relevant to one's own level of intelligence.

lol I love this thread btw. (and this whole board, for that matter)

Evil Chris
12-12-2005, 11:37 PM
I liked Survivor Guatamala. One of the better ones of the past several seasons.

Danni deserved to win. She turned on the jets in the last few episodes and played it right. To heck with Rafe and his play-fair attitude. We're talking a million bucks to the winner.

I hope the next one in Panama is equally good. I am pathetically hooked on this show. LOL

TheEnforcer
12-13-2005, 12:52 AM
I hope the next one in Panama is equally good. I am pathetically hooked on this show. LOL

Did you like the teaser they did for the changes for the next season EC? I thought they were intruiging to be sure. :)

Dravyk
12-13-2005, 02:32 AM
I hope the next one in Panama is equally good. I am pathetically hooked on this show. LOL I hear MiniBon will be slipping them drinks. ;)