PDA

View Full Version : Bush on the Constitution: 'It's just a goddamned piece of paper'

Anthony
12-12-2005, 11:27 AM
http://www.capitolhillblue.com/artman/publish/article_7779.shtml

Bush on the Constitution: 'It's just a goddamned piece of paper'
By DOUG THOMPSON
Dec 9, 2005, 07:53
Email this article
Printer friendly page

Last month, Republican Congressional leaders filed into the Oval Office to meet with President George W. Bush and talk about renewing the controversial USA Patriot Act.

Several provisions of the act, passed in the shell shocked period immediately following the 9/11 terrorist attacks, caused enough anger that liberal groups like the American Civil Liberties Union had joined forces with prominent conservatives like Phyllis Schlafly and Bob Barr to oppose renewal.

GOP leaders told Bush that his hardcore push to renew the more onerous provisions of the act could further alienate conservatives still mad at the President from his botched attempt to nominate White House Counsel Harriet Miers to the Supreme Court.

“I don’t give a goddamn,” Bush retorted. “I’m the President and the Commander-in-Chief. Do it my way.”

“Mr. President,” one aide in the meeting said. “There is a valid case that the provisions in this law undermine the Constitution.”

“Stop throwing the Constitution in my face,” Bush screamed back. “It’s just a goddamned piece of paper!”

I’ve talked to three people present for the meeting that day and they all confirm that the President of the United States called the Constitution “a goddamned piece of paper.”

And, to the Bush Administration, the Constitution of the United States is little more than toilet paper stained from all the shit that this group of power-mad despots have dumped on the freedoms that “goddamned piece of paper” used to guarantee.

Attorney General Alberto Gonzales, while still White House counsel, wrote that the “Constitution is an outdated document.”

Put aside, for a moment, political affiliation or personal beliefs. It doesn’t matter if you are a Democrat, Republican or Independent. It doesn’t matter if you support the invasion or Iraq or not. Despite our differences, the Constitution has stood for two centuries as the defining document of our government, the final source to determine – in the end – if something is legal or right.

Every federal official – including the President – who takes an oath of office swears to “uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia says he cringes when someone calls the Constitution a “living document.”

“"Oh, how I hate the phrase we have—a 'living document,’” Scalia says. “We now have a Constitution that means whatever we want it to mean. The Constitution is not a living organism, for Pete's sake.”

As a judge, Scalia says, “I don't have to prove that the Constitution is perfect; I just have to prove that it's better than anything else.”

President Bush has proposed seven amendments to the Constitution over the last five years, including a controversial amendment to define marriage as a “union between a man and woman.” Members of Congress have proposed some 11,000 amendments over the last decade, ranging from repeal of the right to bear arms to a Constitutional ban on abortion.

Scalia says the danger of tinkering with the Constitution comes from a loss of rights.

“We can take away rights just as we can grant new ones,” Scalia warns. “Don't think that it's a one-way street.”

And don’t buy the White House hype that the USA Patriot Act is a necessary tool to fight terrorism. It is a dangerous law that infringes on the rights of every American citizen and, as one brave aide told President Bush, something that undermines the Constitution of the United States.

But why should Bush care? After all, the Constitution is just “a goddamned piece of paper.”

© Copyright 2005 by Capitol Hill Blue

Evil Chris
12-12-2005, 11:36 AM
“I don’t give a goddamn,” Bush retorted. “I’m the President and the Commander-in-Chief. Do it my way.”

Niiiiice.

Can anyone provide me with a reason why he deserves to be President and Commander-in-Chief?

MorganGrayson
12-12-2005, 11:37 AM
Holy...fucking...shit. :blink:

Nickatilynx
12-12-2005, 11:55 AM
Niiiiice.

Can anyone provide me with a reason why he deserves to be President and Commander-in-Chief?

He was elected.

MorganGrayson
12-12-2005, 11:59 AM
He was elected.

I love simple, declarative sentences. :)

Yeppers, the Canadian got it in one. The putz was elected. So...who's to blame when Bush goes off like this?

The voters.

In the last election, my husband and I read until I thought our eyes were going to bleed. This was just a "minor" election, too. Voting isn't just a "right," it's one helluva responsibility. As San Diegans have discovered, watching our representatives and city councilmen go one by one to prison. Not to mention our mayor resigning in disgrace.

Real easy to say "oh, bad people, very bad people." But who in the absolute HELL elected these bad people???

Anthony
12-12-2005, 12:01 PM
Actually, Gore should have been in there.

Red
12-12-2005, 12:03 PM
His attitude and temper tantrum doesn't surprise me in the least. It does, however, scare the shit out me.

Nickatilynx
12-12-2005, 12:03 PM
Actually, Gore should have been in there.

Absolutely if you had voted to change the entire way that a President is elected , but you didn't , so he wasn't :)

MorganGrayson
12-12-2005, 12:05 PM
Absolutely if you had voted to change the entire way that a President is elected , but you didn't , so he wasn't :)

OK, this is really starting to bug.

Why does the Canadian person know more about the way our government works than the Americans do?

Could we get a couple of Americans who read in here?

(Nick...I know what you're thinking at that last line...please restrain yourself.) :)

Nickatilynx
12-12-2005, 12:06 PM
Could we get a couple of Americans who read in here?

:)

I don't believe there are any Rhodes Scholars on the board...

;-))))

( see Ryan...)

Anthony
12-12-2005, 12:08 PM

True, true, The Electoral College itself is dated. The majority vote was Gore.

Bush winning by 225 votes in his brother's state has raised quite a few eye brows.

However, the contitution is the check and balance of our goverment.

DrGuile
12-12-2005, 01:00 PM
Lol, it is just me or is that site/article the political equivalent of the National Enquirer?

And you all seem to take it for fact...

?

Evil Chris
12-12-2005, 01:02 PM
He was elected.Predictable answer.

And wrong.

Nickatilynx
12-12-2005, 01:05 PM
Predictable answer.

And wrong.

oh please enlighten me how so oh wise grey haired bastard of the East...

;-)

MorganGrayson
12-12-2005, 01:16 PM
I don't believe there are any Rhodes Scholars on the board...

;-))))

( see Ryan...)

Believe it or not, folks...that WAS restrained. :)

Evil Chris
12-12-2005, 01:32 PM
oh please enlighten me how so oh wise grey haired bastard of the East...

;-)Now therefore I shalt say unto thee, move thine cursor to this place (http://www.ericblumrich.com/gta.html) and click. :mf_popean

Nickatilynx
12-12-2005, 01:34 PM
Now therefore I shalt say unto thee, move thine cursor to this place (http://www.ericblumrich.com/gta.html) and click. :mf_popean

Well I'll be damned ( probably a given)

But I had no idea you were a looney.

Evil Chris
12-12-2005, 01:38 PM
Well I'll be damned ( probably a given)

But I had no idea you were a looney.

You're losing your memory Nick...
http://www.oprano.com/msgboard/showthread.php?t=44128 :waving:

Dravyk
12-12-2005, 02:50 PM
Georgie Porgie doesn't even have absolute power and he's totally corrupted. Stupid bastard should be impeached for incompetency.
http://oprano.com/msgboard/images/smilies/storm.gif

Newton
12-12-2005, 03:55 PM
Always good to see how the colonies are doing :okthumb:

Dravyk
12-12-2005, 03:58 PM
Always good to see how the colonies are doing :okthumb: Remind me to bitch-slap ya later. ;)

Newton
12-12-2005, 04:10 PM
Remind me to bitch-slap ya later. ;)

O Canada!
Our home and native land!
True patriot love in all thy sons* command.
With glowing hearts we see thee rise,
The True North strong and free!
From far and wide,
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.
God keep our land glorious and free!

:D

Sin
12-12-2005, 04:15 PM
O Canada!
Our home and native land!
True patriot love in all thy sons* command.
With glowing hearts we see thee rise,
The True North strong and free!
From far and wide,
God keep our land glorious and free!

Entry GRANTED! lol

sarettah
12-12-2005, 04:20 PM
You all have been had. I think. Not sure who is soofing who or what :blink:

found this:

http://www.thespoof.com/news/spoof.cfm?headline=s5i9885

White House to Market ‘Constitution Toilet Paper’ With Delsey

Written by Felix

Bush's new toilet paper
WASHINGTON (AP)—White House aides are finalizing an agreement to market toilet paper which features excerpts from the US Constitution on each sheet, as ordered by US President George Bush in recent weeks.

The unusual marketing effort came about in November, when Republican Congressional leaders met in the Oval Office with Bush to discuss renewing the controversial USA Patriot Act.

Many provisions of the act which had been passed in the traumatic period following the 9/11 attacks have caused sufficient anger to force liberal groups such as the American Civil Liberties Union to join with prominent conservatives to oppose renewal.

Republican leaders told Bush that his foolhardy push to renew the more fascist provisions of the act could further alienate conservatives still angry at the President’s idiotic attempt to nominate White House Counsel and Bush’s mistress Harriet Miers to the US Supreme Court.

"I don't give a goddamn," Bush reportedly barked. "I'm the President and the Commander-in-Chief. Do it my way or else."

"Mr. President," Karl Rove said, "There is a valid case that the provisions in this law undermine the Constitution."

"Stop throwing the Constitution in my face," Bush screamed in response. "It's just a goddamned piece of toilet paper!"

Bush then ordered Rove, Scooter Libby and Dick Cheney to contact Delsey and get the company to print the Constitution on bathroom tissue to be marketed to the US public through Wal-Mart.

“Get the goddamned Chinese to print it!” he ordered.

Repeated interviews by reporters with those present for the meeting that day all confirm that the President of the United States called the Constitution "a goddamned piece of toilet paper."

Backing up the radical Bush stance, while White House counsel, Attorney General Alberto Gonzales had opined that the Constitution “is an outdated document."

At the meeting, Bush also shouted, “the USA Patriot Act isn’t even a necessary tool to fight terrorism, it is a dangerous law that infringes on the rights of every American citizen and which undermines the Constitution of the United States. The American people must get used to the loss of their rights if I’m to defend the interests of Big Oil and the rich and pad Republican coffers!”

Until now, the Constitution has stood for more that 200 years as the defining document of US government and the final source to determine if something is legal or right.

Every federal official including the President who takes the oath of office swears to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States.

DrGuile
12-12-2005, 04:28 PM
Entry GRANTED! lol

Oh que non!

I want the bilingual version!

Newton
12-12-2005, 04:50 PM
Oh que non!

I want the bilingual version!

Mae hen wlad fy nhadau yn annwyl i mi,
Gwlad beirdd a chantorion, enwogion o fri;
Ei gwrol ryfelwyr, gwladgarwyr tra mad,
Tros ryddid gollasant eu gwaed.
Gwlad, gwlad, pleidiol wyf i'm gwlad.
Tra mor yn fur i'r bur hoff bau,
O bydded i'r hen iaith barhau.
Hen Gymru fynyddig, paradwys y bardd,
Pob dyffryn, pob clogwyn i'm golwg sydd hardd;
Trwy deimlad gwladgarol, mor swynol yw si
Ei nentydd, afonydd, i mi.
Os treisiodd y gelyn fy ngwlad tan ei droed,
Mae hen iaith y Cymry mor fyw ag erioed,
Ni luddiwyd yr awen gan erchyll law brad.

Dravyk
12-12-2005, 04:54 PM
Newton is now my favorite poster! :okthumb:

Not everyday you see Celtic posted!

Sin
12-12-2005, 04:55 PM
HAHAHAHA that was wonderful! LOL

Nickatilynx
12-12-2005, 05:09 PM
Not everyday you see Celtic posted!

And you haven't...

Its fucking welsh...

Grump
12-12-2005, 05:19 PM
Georgie Porgie doesn't even have absolute power and he's totally corrupted. Stupid bastard should be impeached for incompetency.
http://oprano.com/msgboard/images/smilies/storm.gif

We don't impeach for silly things like that. Now get him a blow-job and then we're in business !

Dravyk
12-12-2005, 05:31 PM
And you haven't...

Its fucking welsh... And where do you think Welsh comes from? Hmmm? :rolleyes:

Dravyk
12-12-2005, 05:35 PM
We don't impeach for silly things like that. Now get him a blow-job and then we're in business ! Alas conservative Republicans don't have sex ...

And Bush's only screwing is the nation as a whole.

Pass a giant blue light over the country and it's covered in Dubya goo. :barfon:

Nickatilynx
12-12-2005, 05:37 PM
And where do you think Welsh comes from? Hmmm? :rolleyes:

Moron...what you are saying is the same as calling French , Spanish and fucking Italian the same...

Its fucking Welsh...not celtic , gaelic or any other fucking language... it is "welsh" a language spoken by people on slightly less vile then the french!!!

Dravyk
12-12-2005, 05:39 PM
Moron...what you are saying is the same as calling French , Spanish and fucking Italian the same...

Its fucking Welsh...not celtic , gaelic or any other fucking language... it is "welsh" a language spoken by people on slightly less vile then the french!!! Well I knew it was either Gaelic, Welsh or something Celtic. ;)

Hmm. What do you think of Manx? :p

Nickatilynx
12-12-2005, 05:43 PM
Well I knew it was either Gaelic, Welsh or something Celtic. ;)

Hmm. What do you think of Manx? :p

I can actually speak a smattering of Guernsey patois so Dravyk "bis ma chu"

Newton
12-12-2005, 05:44 PM
St Patrick was Welsh too .. seriously ;)

Nickatilynx
12-12-2005, 05:46 PM
St Patrick was Welsh too .. seriously ;)

I'm suspecting you have Welsh tendancies....

Newton
12-12-2005, 05:49 PM
I'm suspecting you have Welsh tendancies....

Easy!! lol

Nickatilynx
12-12-2005, 05:55 PM
Easy!! lol

Don't go getting all French on me now...

Sin
12-12-2005, 05:56 PM
LOL *grabs popcorn*

Red
12-12-2005, 07:43 PM
Alas conservative Republicans don't have sex ...

And Bush's only screwing is the nation as a whole.

Pass a giant blue light over the country and it's covered in Dubya goo. :barfon:

And they wont even pass out condoms for it.

Dravyk
12-12-2005, 08:38 PM
"bis ma chu" Gesundheit!! :yowsa:

Dravyk
12-12-2005, 08:39 PM
And they wont even pass out condoms for it. Just say no!

Sin
12-12-2005, 10:09 PM
Just say no!

unfortunately I don't think abstinence is an option in this case.

Evil Chris
12-12-2005, 11:31 PM
I can actually speak a smattering of Guernsey patois so Dravyk "bis ma chu"

:)Really? I have actually been to the island of Jersey and heard some strange dialects there.

Nickatilynx
12-13-2005, 12:15 AM
Really? I have actually been to the island of Jersey and heard some strange dialects there.

I lived in Guernsey for about 8 yrs :)