PDA

View Full Version : What was that again?

Robin
12-12-2005, 09:28 AM
From the Australian Taxation office

"For the purpose of making a declaration under this Subdivision, the Commissioner may: a) treat a particular event that actually happened as not having happened; and b) treat a particular event that did not actually happen as having happened and, if appropriate, treat the event as: i) having happened at a particular time; and ii) having involved particular action by a particular entity; and c) treat a particular event that actually happened as: i) having happened at a time different from the time it actually happened; or ii) having involved particular action by a particular entity (whether or not the event actually involved any action by that entity)."

More such Gobbledegook here :) (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/4521150.stm)

Winetalk.com
12-12-2005, 10:12 AM
Robin,
from what I understand it means one might not owe ANY taxes because the event of earnings never happened!
;)

Red
12-12-2005, 11:17 AM
From the Australian Taxation office

"For the purpose of making a declaration under this Subdivision, the Commissioner may: a) treat a particular event that actually happened as not having happened; and b) treat a particular event that did not actually happen as having happened and, if appropriate, treat the event as: i) having happened at a particular time; and ii) having involved particular action by a particular entity; and c) treat a particular event that actually happened as: i) having happened at a time different from the time it actually happened; or ii) having involved particular action by a particular entity (whether or not the event actually involved any action by that entity)."

More such Gobbledegook here :) (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/4521150.stm)

I'm going to need at least 2 more cups of coffee before I even attempt to figure that one out. :)

MorganGrayson
12-12-2005, 11:21 AM
I'm going to need at least 2 more cups of coffee before I even attempt to figure that one out. :)

I'm going to have two more cups of coffee with Baileys in them and then set the whole thing to music. I'm thinking it should be something a la "The Producers.":)

Nickatilynx
12-12-2005, 11:21 AM
"""1. Rhodri Morgan, Welsh First Minister, for: "The only thing which isn't up for grabs is no change and I think it's fair to say it's all to play for, except for no change." (Mr Morgan was the overall winner this year, for the second time.) """

Typical fucking Welsh...

Bhelliom
12-12-2005, 12:37 PM
Robin,
from what I understand it means one might not owe ANY taxes because the event of earnings never happened!
;)

This is how I read it too.

But there is the corrolary as well.

one may owe lots more taxes if the commisioner decides to pretend that something that didn't happen did.

OR if something that really did happen... took place at a different time or different way than what really happened.

In otherwords, They can pretty much make up shit or disregard the truth as they see fit

*coles notes provided by Serge and Derek

Dravyk
12-12-2005, 02:40 PM
Ok, when did Bush's Foreign Policy Advisor move to Australia? http://oprano.com/msgboard/images/smilies/blink.gif