PDA

View Full Version : If I never do that again I'll be happy!!

TheEnforcer
12-10-2005, 09:56 PM
Was over at my sisters house helping my brother-in-law lay tile for their kitchen floor. Cutting, kneeling, and all that crap gets old fast!! LOL

The floor looks very nice and I am always happy to help them work on their house.... but laying tile sucks!! LOL

Red
12-10-2005, 10:12 PM
My ex husband did home improvement work and there were times I helped him. Laying tile is a killer on the knees and back.

Dravyk
12-10-2005, 10:50 PM
Yep, done it. It sucks.

I really should do it here at my place. I keep putting it off for that very reason. :hmm:

Sabby
12-11-2005, 05:06 AM
My husband and his friend are forever banned from doing any reno projects in my house ever again...

I told them they can keep their "hard wood" in their pants.

Sabby:flash:

Trev
12-11-2005, 05:43 AM
I love doing DIY even tiling... my pet hate is plastering... even though I'm damned good at it. :mad:

domtheboy
12-11-2005, 08:34 AM
DIY *shudders*

We've not long been in our first house, and DIY keeps hunting me down like a relentless malevolent force that's never finished. Pah !

TheEnforcer
12-11-2005, 10:42 AM
I'll be the first person to admit I am NOT a handyman and don't enjoy it one bit. From changing my oil in my car to DIY stuff around the house I'll make sure to pay someone to do it.

Bhelliom
12-11-2005, 01:27 PM
I don't own my own place, I just rent at the moment... but I do all the stuff around my parents.
Being the fairly incompetent people they are when it comes to tools, the task falls on me.

I enjoy doing little things like wiring and changing light fixtures and stuff. And occasionally get into more major things like drywall and flooring(Installed hardwood in the kitchen and family room), but usually i'm just too lazy.

MorganGrayson
12-11-2005, 02:44 PM
My husband is both a happy DIY and good at it. When we owned our own home in Louisville, nothing made him happier than having something break. Need a new washer in the faucet? Off he'd go, whistling.

Now that we're typical California renters, though, he's morphed into a growling "call the management company and let THEM deal with it." *sigh* That has resulted in some *bad* repair work and more than a few comments from his spouse.

We have some lovely cracks in the walls from earthquakes past that I wouldn't have repaired for the world. They give the place character and are fun to use to unnerve guests. :)

Sin
12-11-2005, 08:12 PM
I enjoy DIY stuff & am pretty good with tools... :) My dad was a mechanic though so tools were everywhere, that was one of the hardest things when I moved out, I didn't have every single tool imagineable under the sun, available for my own personal use.. LOL Not only that but I had to go out & buy my own. I made sure I got the essentials first, hammer, screwdrivers, wrenches. :)

Inabon
12-11-2005, 09:27 PM
My husband and his friend are forever banned from doing any reno projects in my house ever again...

I told them they can keep their "hard wood" in their pants.

Sabby:flash:

ermn you mean splinters?