PDA

View Full Version : Coffee...

Sin
12-10-2005, 12:16 AM
Mmmm.....

I think it might have some health benefits!

Last two days my coffee has tasted "off" ...just didn't taste the way it is supposed to taste. Since I've never had a problem with it before I thought maybe I hadn't sealed it properly & it had gone stale. I thought maybe my coffee pot needed cleaning, so I cleaned it. I thought maybe my milk was off, so I poured a glass & drank some & it tasted fine (on its own)

Except that I just bought some new coffee beans from Esquires, I just ground them, I just re-rinsed out my machine again, I just had a glass w/milk in it and again it had that same funky taste. Poured it out, poured a new mug of coffee and although I'm loathe to do it to decent coffee, instead of milk I put white chocolate hot chocolate into it.

Finally, a good cup of coffee.

Weird though that the milk tasted fine on its own but screwed with the flavor of the coffee. I'm kind of glad however because now I'll just throw it out & go buy more, I wouldn't want to get ill from bad milk...

Sin
12-10-2005, 12:18 AM
Damn this coffee tastes good enough I might start drinking it black...

CDSmith
12-10-2005, 01:01 AM
Coffeee.....

Wonderful, lifegiving coffeeeeeeeee... http://members.shaw.ca/billy1-99/pics/coffee2.gif

helix
12-10-2005, 01:53 AM
Nothing beats a nice hot cup of coffee first thing in the morning.

Dravyk
12-10-2005, 02:09 AM
Nectar of the gods!! :coffee: :)

el pres
12-10-2005, 04:39 AM
drop a square of dark (70%+ cocoa) in a black coffee.. mmm

Trev
12-10-2005, 06:42 AM
drop a square of dark (70%+ cocoa) in a black coffee.. mmm
We couldn't find any 70%+ at the shop, so I've used a teaspoon of cocoa powder, it's bloody good. I don't think I could drink too many cups of it per day though. :okthumb:

Dravyk
12-10-2005, 07:35 AM
Waking up to some hot Columbian is great in the morning!!

... I hear coffee works well also. http://oprano.com/msgboard/images/smilies/wink.gif

MorganGrayson
12-10-2005, 12:26 PM
I've gotten used to drinking mine black, and the wonderful, groaning, "damn, I needed that!" feeling has come back for a cup of black coffee.

I also discovered something interesting. I used to have a half shot of brandy in my coffee, for medicinal purposes you see...and it was wonderful. I ran out of brandy. So, I grabbed the bottle of Irish Cream and put in half a shot. With creamer in the coffee, that creates a noxious beverage. However, if you put it into black coffee...I've redefined "Christmas spirits"! :okthumb:

One of the distinct advantages of drinking coffee black is that you can add things to it, like chocolate, cocoa...and Irish Cream.

(I've got a nickel that says Dravyk is now reaching for the Baileys.) :)

Bhelliom
12-10-2005, 01:11 PM
I like my coffee like i like my women. Big titted and sweet.

In canada when you go to Tim Horton's you get a Double Double (two cream, two sugar get it?) so they write on the lid DD <-- that's where the big titted part comes from.
Ok that's not as funny when you have to explain it.

how about this then?
If its not Tim Horton's ... I like my coffee like I like my women.... Black and bitter.

hmmmm I need a coffee this morning

Newton
12-10-2005, 01:16 PM
Coffee is paramount in the mornings and throughout the day or I lose my jovial nature and playful banter ;)

MorganGrayson
12-10-2005, 02:23 PM
I like my coffee like i like my women. Big titted and sweet.

In canada when you go to Tim Horton's you get a Double Double (two cream, two sugar get it?) so they write on the lid DD <-- that's where the big titted part comes from.
Ok that's not as funny when you have to explain it.

how about this then?
If its not Tim Horton's ... I like my coffee like I like my women.... Black and bitter.

hmmmm I need a coffee this morning

It sounds like you need to get laid. ;)

Peaches
12-10-2005, 03:15 PM
I'm not a huge coffee drinker, but I do like a cup a day so I bought one of the one cup makers last week. http://www.keurig.com/ I love it! I wuss out and get the flavored coffees and put cream and Spenda in them, so it's not REAL coffee, but it makes me happy ;)

Vick
12-10-2005, 07:02 PM
Just like with movies there is Casablanca then there is everything elese

With coffee there is a double espresso and then there is everything else

Red
12-10-2005, 07:26 PM
I can't function until I've had at least one cup. I drink mine black in the morning, but to flavor it in the evening I'll add some spirits to it. Amaretto, Kahlua, Sambuca or Irish cream.

MorganGrayson
12-10-2005, 08:17 PM
I can't function until I've had at least one cup. I drink mine black in the morning, but to flavor it in the evening I'll add some spirits to it. Amaretto, Kahlua, Sambuca or Irish cream.

The only "functioning" I do first thing is that which is required to load up and turn on the coffee maker. I then have a Pavlovian response to the sound and smell that allows me to feed the (annoying, demanding, under-my-slippers) cats. Then...bliss. Sipping happily and getting the other eye to open. Thankfully, the dog has taken to staying in bed until the last warm body has left it before she does the "take me outside NOW!" tap dance.

The grocery has rewarded clean living with a coupon for Bailey's Irish Cream. :okthumb:

Points to you, Vick. Well said. :)

Dravyk
12-10-2005, 08:58 PM
(I've got a nickel that says Dravyk is now reaching for the Baileys.) :) Here's your nickel!

Baileys! Mmmmmmmm! :okthumb:

More nectar of the gods! In this case, the Celtic ones!

I miss my cappachinos in Manhattan. Every little corner anything store had a cappachino machine and made it well. Hail to the little things in life.

Sin
12-10-2005, 09:02 PM
I love Tim Horton's coffee too, when I don't have any of my own handy. lol