PDA

View Full Version : I just baked a taste sensation

Red
12-08-2005, 03:21 PM
My Orange Marmalade Cake

The batter includes orange juice, Cointreau and orange marmalade. While the cake is still hot I poke holes with toothpicks and drizzle more Cointreau on top.
Decorated with an orange glaze drizzle and mandarin orange pieces.

A delight for the tastebuds.

Sin
12-08-2005, 03:28 PM
Wow that sounds delicious!

Dravyk
12-08-2005, 03:31 PM
Yummy!!

Ok, gimme some! http://oprano.com/msgboard/images/smilies/wwww.gif

Trev
12-08-2005, 03:33 PM
That actually sounds pretty damned tasty :)

MorganGrayson
12-08-2005, 03:40 PM
Oh, that sounds fantastic!! I have some British marmalade, too. :)

HINT! HINT! HINT! :yowsa:

Newton
12-08-2005, 03:46 PM
ooh very nice indeed ... :)

Red
12-08-2005, 04:08 PM
Oh, that sounds fantastic!! I have some British marmalade, too. :)

HINT! HINT! HINT! :yowsa:

Go check your PM. :)

I can take a hint.

MorganGrayson
12-08-2005, 04:11 PM
Go check your PM. :)

I can take a hint.

Thank you!!!! :clapping:

(I was afraid that those huge, red, bold capitals might have been too subtle!) :)

Dravyk
12-08-2005, 04:12 PM
I can take a hint. You didn't take my hint. Phooey. :hmm:

MorganGrayson
12-08-2005, 04:53 PM
You didn't take my hint. Phooey. :hmm:

I think you should have been a tad more specific in your hint, Drav. You might have considered using a different smilie. Unless the "gimme some!" was indeed a request for sexual favors...in which case...you're on your own! :)

Dravyk
12-08-2005, 05:28 PM
I think you should have been a tad more specific in your hint, Drav. You might have considered using a different smilie. Unless the "gimme some!" was indeed a request for sexual favors...in which case...you're on your own! http://oprano.com/msgboard/images/smilies/smile.gif I have to be more direct than "gimme"???

What? Three word-smiths talking to each other and a singular verb doesn't splain it all? http://oprano.com/msgboard/images/smilies/blink.gif

... Ain't buying it. http://oprano.com/msgboard/images/smilies/dry.gif

selena
12-08-2005, 07:56 PM
That sounds totally scrumptious!

Red
12-09-2005, 09:13 AM
You didn't take my hint. Phooey. :hmm:

Sorry babe, but it's a lot easier to give a recipe than to send you out a cake.

I'll tell you what though, I'm coming up to Philly in the spring for my brother's wedding. I'll bake you something and bring it with me.
That work for you?

Funbrunette
12-09-2005, 10:51 AM
Oh my...That sounds divine! I should really start baking some goodies for the holidays! :)

MorganGrayson
12-09-2005, 12:26 PM
I have to be more direct than "gimme"???

What? Three word-smiths talking to each other and a singular verb doesn't splain it all? http://oprano.com/msgboard/images/smilies/blink.gif

... Ain't buying it. http://oprano.com/msgboard/images/smilies/dry.gif

Ummm...OK. :unsure:

When you're right, you're right.

I've got the recipe right here, and it may be my entire "Holiday baking," which is more than enough for the two of us. My husband has an unreasonable disklike for frosting, so I think he'll love this cake. I know I will. If you can only have a slice of cake...make it a GOOD cake! :)

Oh...and Drav? When did you become lost in the kitchen and unable to follow a recipe? You busted yourself when you mentioned cooking things...things with actual ingredients and cooking techniques. So bake yourself a damned cake and hush up about it! ;)

justb
12-09-2005, 12:53 PM
that sounds soooo good

feel free to post the recipe ; )

Bhelliom
12-09-2005, 12:55 PM
May I please have the recipe? I really really like cointreau. And I need to take something to my gf's house for christmas eve

MorganGrayson
12-09-2005, 12:59 PM
May I please have the recipe? I really really like cointreau. And I need to take something to my gf's house for christmas eve

I'd advise pm'ing Red, with or without the promise of sexual favors. :yowsa:

This cake will definitely impress, Derek. You'll look GREAT carrying this baby! :okthumb:

Bhelliom
12-09-2005, 01:07 PM
I'll let that slide despite the fact that you just put "Derek" and "Baby" in the same sentence.

Cause we both know I ALWAYS look great

MorganGrayson
12-09-2005, 01:28 PM
I'll let that slide despite the fact that you just put "Derek" and "Baby" in the same sentence.

Cause we both know I ALWAYS look great

There was no comma, my sweet one. The "baby" referred to the cake. :)

And yes, you always look great, my hot one. :yowsa:

There's still that "little something special" with a hot guy carrying something he baked himself, though. That kicks it up a notch or two. :)

Editing for something I just thought to add: it was two separate sentences. :)

Bhelliom
12-09-2005, 01:48 PM
I should probably mention that I was a pastry chef/baker for a few years.

although i never got my seal I did learn under and Excellent, although psychotic, Pastry chef

Red
12-09-2005, 01:53 PM
There's still that "little something special" with a hot guy carrying something he baked himself, though. That kicks it up a notch or two. :)

It sure does. :)

Bhelliom, check your PM.

I won't post it here because it's impossible to make everyone who reads this board take the Blood Oath of Secrecy, so if anyone wants it, please PM me.

Bhelliom
12-09-2005, 01:58 PM
Thank you Red... but in the future you should cut back on the amount of blood you take. I feel a little woozy.

MorganGrayson
12-09-2005, 01:59 PM

although i never got my seal I did learn under and Excellent, although psychotic, Pastry chef

I think all pastry chefs are psychotic. It might be a law. :blink:

Red
12-09-2005, 02:25 PM

I wish you would have told me that sooner. I would have given you the recipe with actual cooking terms instead of writing it for a guy who didn't know much. :)

Though the word glopping is a widely known cullinary term.

Dravyk
12-09-2005, 02:58 PM
Sorry babe, but it's a lot easier to give a recipe than to send you out a cake.

I'll tell you what though, I'm coming up to Philly in the spring for my brother's wedding. I'll bake you something and bring it with me.
That work for you? Send me the recipe if you will, I'll give it a go. Seriously.

Oh...and Drav? When did you become lost in the kitchen and unable to follow a recipe? You busted yourself when you mentioned cooking things...things with actual ingredients and cooking techniques. So bake yourself a damned cake and hush up about it! ;) hehe As you see above, "I got's me" no problems cooking. So :nyanya:!

Truth is, last year I started baking cookies. With odd results. The easiest recipes I screwed up: Sugar cookies, butter cookies, chocolate chip cookies.

The most difficult and unusual ones came out perfectly! Cream cheese apricot cookies, the push-in ones with the jellied filling, even the lintzers. And the biscotti came out magnificant! (Told ya, odd.)

In any event, I was thinking just the other day that this winter I'm going to try and do my very first cakes-from-scratch. I've been a bit trepidated up until now, but ready to give it a go. :)