PDA

View Full Version : I feel like my rights have been trampled. (Schoolbus Finale)

Biggy
12-07-2005, 05:02 PM
Went into court today to fight the schoolbus driving ticket. I ended up taking a deal for 2 points and $200 fine. I came home, went to sleep, woke up 3 hours later and feel like shit because I feel like I let that stupid bitch bus driver won.

She actually showed up, waited for a couple of hours. She takes a seat RIGHT NEXT to me, there are tons of rows. I thought it was her, so I was blatantly staring at her for 10 minutes straight, trying to envision what type of pathetic, worthless person would go this far over nothing. I'm looking around, no one wants to be there - when you sit in court waiting for your turn, everyone just wants to leave. I mean seriously, would you want to spend a day in court on your own time? Not this stupid bitch, she elects to be there, and sit there. So I stare at her, her hair looks newly dyed, she has sunglasses, semi-balding, etc. She shows up to court wearing an outfit that looks like it cost $5 total, I am sitting there in a suit. I'm thinking how pathetic she is, that she just wants to inflict misery on other people and thats how she gets her kicks. Her natural facial expression is that of a big frown (Seriously). Her bottom lip comes up over her regular lip. Honestly, it was like a nightmare reincarnated in one person, could you imagine be like 55 years old and a middle school busdriver? How about just imagining being 55 years old, that must be pretty pathetic (just kidding guys and making sure you are still reading :) )

My lawyer led her into the prosecutor, and she was claiming there were actually kids by the intersection, which is a total crock of shit. This is straight up about me giving her the finger after she blew up on me over nothing (which I admit wasn't the right thing to do on my part). My lawyer also said this busdriver has a history of pulling this shit.

Here is why I say my rights have been trampled: People may say "hey, if you are so sure, why didnt you fight it?" Well, its a straight up "he said this, she said that" situation. No officer gave the ticket, she goes in there and claims "this guy did this, he did that." Then you get a ticket in the mail 3 days later. Then you MUST hire a lawyer, and fight it, its too big of penalties just to brush it off. So you hire a lawyer, and you get there to court. If you lose, which would be most probable because a judge will side with a busdriver, even if they are uneducated and depressed then you would get 5 points, and a real chance of having your license suspended for a bit of time (most likely 30 days, but up to 6 months). The penalties seem to get worst if you try it and lose. So pretty much I am convinced anyone who this woman reports, is going to be found guilty some way or another. If anything, they are at least out the money they pay for a lawyer, which for most people would probably hurt. My lawyer was $750. (I am lucky enough to say the $750 really means nothing to me.) She knows this. You are going to be looking at 5 points, there will be no witnesses, and you will face the option of facing some stiff ass penalties, or copping a deal. Any logical person who knows how the judicial system will work would take the deal.

My only salvage in all of this, is just thinking how pathetic her life must be that she gets her pleasure by inflicting the misery of her own life onto others. And Nick, I did not get to see her in the parking lot, because once she agrees to the deal, she jets out of there. I don't know about you guys, but I just hate letting people like this win. My rationalization at the time (i was really fighting urges to go all the way and fight it), but I just said to myself in my head "look, if you go to fight it and lose, you face tough penalties. let her win in the courtroom, because she obviously lost in the game of life." I took the safe play since I am naturally a risk-averse individual. Plus I didn't want waste more time there. I go to pay my fine, it was a payday for the government. I had to wait 30 minutes for everyone else before me to pay their fines.

Btw, this post is not meant to bash all school busdrivers or people who may not be financially endowed. Just the ones that are depressed and get their kicks by abusing their power and reporting other people. Ok, now I'm done with this, my rant is over and I am dismissing it from my mind :)

Nickatilynx
12-07-2005, 05:12 PM
Its fucked.

Mate if I lived near you , I'd have turned up as a witness ( I happened to be passing on my way to drop off some goods at the Salvation Army nearby..or some shit) and I'd remember the incident vividly because she used a great deal of obscenities which frankly shocked me :)

TheEnforcer
12-07-2005, 05:19 PM
That sucks man. Sorry to hear it. :>((

Just believe that karma will come back and bite her in the ass twice as bad.

Dravyk
12-07-2005, 05:20 PM
Hey Biggy, been following this whole thing since the get-go. Sorry you lost. At least you tried. I can't blame you for ranting! I can really put myself in your shoes and I was be so damned pissed, so livid, I'd probably have gotten emotional and said something stupid in court and paid treble!

Karma will get the bitch; that's all I can say.

Biggy
12-07-2005, 05:27 PM
Its fucked.

Mate if I lived near you , I'd have turned up as a witness ( I happened to be passing on my way to drop off some goods at the Salvation Army nearby..or some shit) and I'd remember the incident vividly because she used a great deal of obscenities which frankly shocked me :)

I don't have the balls to do something like that :) I know you do though, from stories you have told me. I also want to share a funny story for Serge, i think he will get a kick out of this:

An old russian friend in high school I knew is sitting in front of me in the court house. I thought it was him but wasn't sure. He must be 25 years old or so. He was there with his buddy who was a bit older. It turns out his friend is there for something stupid about not having his vehicle registered for commercial purposes. This guy was there as an interpreter, because his buddy only understood Russian. The judge asks the guy if he had recently since registered his vehicle as commercial. This guy translates, and replies back "Yes." The judge looks at him, not sure of what was said (the way he said "yes" must have stirred the judge up a bit I guess, I am watching from behind). So the judge asks again and goes "We will check in the computer to see if you actually did register your vehicle as commercial, and if it isn't registered, you will face an additional $500 fine and 30 days in jail." The guy immediately changes his answer to no, and the judge tags on an extra $100 fine for contempt.

Biggy
12-07-2005, 05:31 PM
Karma has already hit her. She is a middle-aged school bus driver.

I was hoping to see her in the parking lot and congratulate her on her life's accomplishments.

Nickatilynx
12-07-2005, 05:35 PM

I was hoping to see her in the parking lot and congratulate her on her life's accomplishments.

Dude get your ass out this way for some skiing and as we have dinner in Whistler we can think of her...LOL

The best revenge is living well. :)

Dravyk
12-07-2005, 05:37 PM

I was hoping to see her in the parking lot and congratulate her on her life's accomplishments. hehe

I keep envisioning her looking like this.

http://www.jojometal.com/archives/images/southpark-busdriver-thumb.jpg

Newton
12-07-2005, 05:43 PM
Its fucked.

Snap :okthumb:

Dravyk
12-07-2005, 07:45 PM
Snap :okthumb: "Snap" ??? :blink:

Sounds very gay. Must be British. ;)

Newton
12-07-2005, 08:14 PM
"Snap" ??? :blink:

Sounds very gay. Must be British. ;)

It means 'the same', its a card game where the cards are the placed one on top of the other until a pair is laid, then the fastest to shout 'snap' wins the cards, but I guess it hasnt reached your shores as yet ;)

Don't you have some chitlins to cook and a monster truck to race? ;)

Biggy
12-07-2005, 08:25 PM
It means 'the same', its a card game where the cards are the placed one on top of the other until a pair is laid, then the fastest to shout 'snap' wins the cards, but I guess it hasnt reached your shores as yet ;)

Don't you have some chitlins to cook and a monster truck to race? ;)

In the USA, for most card games you have to "slap" the cards, not shout "snap." That does sound pretty gay. What % of brits get pedicures?

Dravyk
12-07-2005, 08:35 PM
Don't you have some chitlins to cook and a monster truck to race? http://oprano.com/msgboard/images/smilies/wink.gif Duuuuude, I'm a Blue, not a Gray. http://oprano.com/msgboard/images/smilies/smile.gif

What you said is like me saying you must live in Edinburgh. Go find a map! http://oprano.com/msgboard/images/smilies/tongue.gif

Newton
12-07-2005, 08:37 PM
In the USA, for most card games you have to "slap" the cards, not shout "snap." That does sound pretty gay. What % of brits get pedicures?

Indigenous Japanese games relied on principles of 'matching' or on games involving cards which were heavily disguised to evade prohibitions on gambling.
'Snap' is thought of to have originated in Japan.

To 'slap' the cards is a tad gay but there again if you'd have had a decent manicure you wouldn't be scratching the others hands if you did slap, so there is that.

What percentage of Brits manicure .. no idea but I do and pedicure ..

Newton
12-07-2005, 08:39 PM
Duuuuude, I'm a Blue, not a Gray. http://oprano.com/msgboard/images/smilies/smile.gif

What you said is like me saying you must live in Edinburgh. Go find a map! http://oprano.com/msgboard/images/smilies/tongue.gif

Actually I am a quarter Geordie ;)