PDA

View Full Version : anyone know the story with mardi gras this year?

Biggy
12-06-2005, 02:45 AM
hows the french quarter looking and what are the expectations?

I've made in there the last 2 years, and would like to make it for 3.

Sin
12-06-2005, 02:46 AM
Osiris might know...

Lisa
12-06-2005, 03:08 AM
I read somewhere recently that it is going ahead. But that was in a local newspaper here...so who knows how accurate it is.

RyanLanane
12-06-2005, 06:16 AM
Would be tragic if it didn't - N.O. and Mardi Gras gone ??? Seriously, it would just be weird as hell !!! Mike AI should know a bit about it as well since he does own a pad on Bourbon St. ;)

Peaches
12-06-2005, 08:59 AM
Billy said the FQ is in decent shape. From what I hear they are shortening it from 14 to 8 days or something. I'm sure Michael and Billy have info :)

Osiris
12-06-2005, 01:27 PM
It's happening: http://www.nola.com/mardigras/

I'd like to see how they'll do it though.. I've been down to the city recently and it's not looking too good. There's shit everywhere down there and people with allergies don't stand a chance with the air being as polluted as it is right now from all the demolition and clean up.

The Quarter is fine, but the parades didn't just go through the Quarter, and I don't know what the hell they are going to do with one of the big ass parades known as Endymion because it used to end in the Superdome where they had a private party. And as you know, the Superdome is fucked up inside and out!