PDA

View Full Version : Someone "creatively borrowed" from me...

sarettah
12-05-2005, 07:16 PM
I think :unsure:

I'm so flattered....lololol.....

I have had partyafterdark both .com and .net since 2001. They were the first "adult" type domains I bought. When I was looking for info on Saint Entertainment (because of another thread) I saw in the google results a site called VODafterdark.com (my eyes caught the after dark part..lol)

So, I go to their site and what is staring me in the face is a logo that looks remarkably similar to various versions of my partyafterdark logo that I have used across the past 4 years....

I called Jen down to look at it and she immediately noticed it was pretty much identical except that "party" had been changed to "vod"...lolololol

http://www.vodafterdark.com/

(I can't show the logo from pAD right this second. I pulled everything off the server back on June 22, so I have to find a local copy of a page that had it)

Just funny to stumble upon stuff like that.. Like I say, I'm flattered... :yowsa:

Dravyk
12-05-2005, 07:18 PM
Only steal from the best, they say! http://oprano.com/msgboard/images/smilies/wink.gif

Trev
12-05-2005, 07:29 PM
I call bullshit!

Next you'll be saying that a site named "afterdarkparty.com" owes you...

I hear the owner would call bullshit as well :)

sarettah
12-05-2005, 07:39 PM
I call bullshit!

Not for the domain dammit :headwall: :headwall:

The logo... And they don't owe me anything... Just hard to figure that two different people using the same phrase "afterdark" would grab the same text style for the base of the logo, thats all...

For the record. I have no problem with this, I could not care less one way or the other. Nobody owes me in any manner..... I could not prove any copying at this point and do not want to spend my time looking for proof of anything...

It's just the first time I found anything where it looked like someone might have "borrowed" from me :rolleyes:

Trev
12-05-2005, 07:43 PM
Only steal from the best, they say! http://oprano.com/msgboard/images/smilies/wink.gif
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA

~cough~ ~spluter~

Do you icq eachother threads? sorry... no... I... need to...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sin
12-05-2005, 07:50 PM
Hmmm, the text on that logo is the same as in one of Movie Dollars banners too.

edit: Perhaps because its a movie dollars site. lol

sarettah
12-05-2005, 07:54 PM
I call bullshit!

Hmmmm WHOIS for afterdarkparty says it was registered to some wanker named Trevor Jenkins on Apr 5 2005....

Funny that should be cause on April 4, 2005 we were having this conversation on the board when Joesho intro'd afterdarkgirls and I noted the similarities in names...

http://www.oprano.com/msgboard/showthread.php?t=31355

Funny that that reg should be on the 5th because in that thread I stated:

Yeah, I know I should pick up the afterdarkparty version on the .com but I won't have the $10.00 I need until the morning of the 6th. But I will grab it then

:unsure:

sarettah
12-05-2005, 07:57 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA repeated endlessly and ad nauseum as a wanker is prone to do HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
~cough~ ~spluter~

Do you icq eachother threads? sorry... no... I... need to...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA repeated endlessly and ad nauseum as a wanker is prone to do again, what can I say he's a brit HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

lolol...Nopers. I kind of laughed at it myself :okthumb:

Trev
12-05-2005, 08:04 PM
Hmmmm WHOIS for afterdarkparty says it was registered to some wanker named Trevor Jenkins on Apr 5 2005....

Funny that should be cause on April 4, 2005 we were having this conversation on the board when Joesho intro'd afterdarkgirls and I noted the similarities in names...

http://www.oprano.com/msgboard/showthread.php?t=39905&page=2&pp=25

Funny that that reg should be on the 5th because in that thread I stated:

:unsure:
I think you'll find (or may not) that around the time I registered "said" domain you were off-loading your domains, I contacted you via pm and got nothing, so I went after something else... the something else didn't work out either :(

sarettah
12-05-2005, 08:08 PM
I think you'll find (or may not) that around the time I registered "said" domain you were off-loading your domains, I contacted you via pm and got nothing, so I went after something else... the something else didn't work out either :(

I don't even have to look at my pms to know thats bs....

The only pms I ever got from you were the ones asking me to come watch you on your "guycam" :unsure:

Trev
12-05-2005, 08:10 PM
I don't even have to look at my pms to know thats bs....

The only pms I ever got from you were the ones asking me to come watch you on your "guycam" :unsure:
Shit... so you missed the greased bear shows as well... and we set them up just for you :(

sarettah
12-05-2005, 08:14 PM
Shit... so you missed the greased bear shows as well... and we set them up just for you :(

I heard about those. You guys oiled Nick down or something like that? :blink:

Wait, back to the matter at hand. I am indignant. Yeah, that's the word indignant. I wish I were inbermuda or maybe even incolorado or incalifornia but I am not. I am indignant. :rolleyes:

Newton
12-05-2005, 08:40 PM
plagiarism .. Its the new black for 2006 ..

Dravyk
12-06-2005, 02:21 AM
The only pms I ever got from you were the ones asking me to come watch you on your "guycam" :unsure: Just one letter off. :yowsa:

Sysprod
12-06-2005, 08:16 AM
Hmmm, the text on that logo is the same as in one of Movie Dollars banners too.

edit: Perhaps because its a movie dollars site. lol

Yup... it's just a poorly skinned version of http://www.hotmovies.com (http://www.hotmovies.com/)

Sin
12-06-2005, 12:32 PM
LMAO

Its EVERYWHERE! :yowsa:

Trev
12-06-2005, 04:12 PM
LMAO

Its EVERYWHERE! :yowsa:
I know a very wealthy man that says if it sells "borrow" it, everyone seems to be listening to him :)

sarettah
12-06-2005, 04:35 PM
if it sells "borrow" it

That's why I wondered why anyone would bother borrowing from me :blink:

Trev
12-07-2005, 04:50 AM
That's why I wondered why anyone would bother borrowing from me :blink:
You do have a valid point :huh: