PDA

View Full Version : Fucking Statue !!

sarettah
12-04-2005, 03:30 PM
:rolleyes:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3975607.stm

'Lewd rubbing' shuts Paris statue

Officials were concerned about damage to the effigy's groin area
Pere Lachaise cemetery in Paris has fenced off a famous tomb to prevent lewd acts being performed on a statue.

The effigy of 19th Century journalist known as Victor Noir has long been popular with women visitors.

This is partly due to his reputation as a romantic figure, and partly because of the effigy's design.

Officials concerned about damage to the icon's groin area have erected a fence around the grave, and a sign prohibiting indecent rubbing.

Noir - whose real name was Yvan Salman - was killed by Pierre Bonaparte, a great-nephew of the Emperor Napoleon, after bearing him a challenge to a duel.

According to the story, he was due to get married the day after he was killed.

The statue shows Noir in a frock coat and trousers lying flat on his back, with a distinct enlargement in the groin.

The effigy has been held as an aid to love or fertility.

It is said that a woman who kisses the lips of the prostrate statue and slips a flower into the upturned top hat will find a husband by the end of the year.

The new sign warns: "Any damage caused by graffiti or indecent rubbing will be prosecuted."

Gives a new perspective on"Raock Hard" :yowsa:

MorganGrayson
12-04-2005, 03:52 PM
:rolleyes:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3975607.stm

Gives a new perspective on"Raock Hard" :yowsa:

It's almost painful to me to take parts of this article seriously...but shit happens.

First...I thought the French were in favor of sex? Mistresses are traditional, according to legend; the generally used term to describe a threesome is French.

Second...I think the kissing of the lips and slipping a flower into the top hat is a lovely and romantic legend, along the lines of peeling an apple then dropping the long peel into a bowl of water where it will allegedly form the initial of your true love's name. I can picture a lot of giggling young Frenchwomen slipping into the cemetary, scaring each other with the incredible daring of it all, then kissing and bestowing. It's a shame to deny them this little outing.

Third...what the heck kind of wuss-ass stone did they make that statue out of if it can't stand up to some rubbing? Or are there just that damned many French that are into stone statue fucking? :blink:

Unless that's some kind of fence, the stone fuckers will just scale the damned thing.

But, in spite of it all, total kudos to whomever had the effigy built. The poor guy died in a duel and never got his wedding night. Damn.

Newton
12-04-2005, 04:43 PM
It certainly makes a change for the french to be kissing the front orifice :)

Bhelliom
12-04-2005, 06:27 PM
First...I thought the French were in favor of sex? Mistresses are traditional, according to legend; the generally used term to describe a threesome is French.

I'll have to mention this to my GF(who hails from Paris). I'm sure she'd be thrilled to know that according to her culture I'm allowed to have a Mistress.... Good news for me too.

Have to ask her why she didn't mention that to me.

Red
12-04-2005, 07:49 PM
Stone Penis Rubbing. Cash in on this untapped niche.

Sin
12-04-2005, 08:20 PM
Oh that's sad!!! :( I saw a small clip about that particular statue on tv a few months back & I remember thinking "how cool!" on television it certainly didn't look damaged, but it was very obviously ...polished?