PDA

View Full Version : Oprano...I was wrong for what i did

jbrasco951
12-02-2005, 10:34 AM
I wanted to give my apology for posting like i have been and i was wrong for treating the board very shitty. I'm still new to the biz and i'm still trying to learn what to bring to the table. I posted without thinking of how it would come across and i'm sorry. I hope u all understand where i'm coming from.

Newton
12-02-2005, 10:37 AM
Try and integrate yourself more into boards, rather than just passing by and dropping off a thread. It will help to give you more credit and let everyone get to know you as well :okthumb:

Anthony
12-02-2005, 10:41 AM
jbrasco is actually a nice guy, and didn't do it on purpose.

I wouldn't make this comment if it weren't for that fact that I was asked to interview him and know that he is a little behind the internet curve when it comes to marketing their radio show. He'll learn fast enough.

jbrasco951
12-02-2005, 10:42 AM
I'm realizing that now, but normally i reply to threads and i just didn't know how important it was to post more. I can't believe i got slammed for doing it, but i deserve it. The repliers made some good points and they got me

Anthony
12-02-2005, 10:44 AM
I'm realizing that now, but normally i reply to threads and i just didn't know how important it was to post more. I can't believe i got slammed for doing it, but i deserve it. The repliers made some good points and they got me

Nobody likes hit and run spam. Most of the posters on this board have been in this industry 7 years plus.

We've seen it all, and shut them down just as quck.

Food for thought. If I didn't know you, and vouch for you being a personable guy, I'd move your thread myself and label you as a spammer. (Ironic to some, I know)

As it is, learn that the different boards have different flavors. This isn't gfy.

Newton
12-02-2005, 10:54 AM
Well said Anthony and spot on .. jbrasco951 relax, Anthony's recommendation is more than golden :)

A good way forward would be to make a new thread and introduce yourself; its your opportunity to tell everyone what you do in the industry ;)

Timon
12-02-2005, 11:05 AM
you're no fun :(

i wish dale ryan came back :(

TheEnforcer
12-02-2005, 11:06 AM
Not a problem at all... live and learn. :)

MorganGrayson
12-02-2005, 11:10 AM
Johnny, if I may be so bold as to give you more advice: :)

Don't use "chatspeak." In other words, don't use the letter "u" for the word "you" or the letter "r" for the word "are." Yes, some people are used to typing quickly in that form of shorthand, but it's unprofessional. (It's also annoying as hell to many, one of whom I happen to be.) :)

Use smilies. It's not easy to make sure that your meaning comes across in this medium.
Look at the difference:
"I think you're silly." (OK, that just lying there could be easily construed as an insult.)
"I think you're silly. :okthumb: " (Now we have "I think you're silly...and I LIKE IT!")
Sorry for the feeble example, but it's early. :)

Your posts regarding the radio show are "commercials" for the show. Make them enticing, make them funny, make them appealing, personalize them for the board...when in doubt, call a writer. (I know some!) :)

If all else fails, toss in Kirby the Carrot: :cdance:

:okthumb:

Timon
12-02-2005, 11:21 AM
And don't be impersonating any black people neither or Morgan is gonna go bigot on your ass :p

Funbrunette
12-02-2005, 11:26 AM
It's all good hun. I know Jbrasco and he's a sweetheart and a top notch guy! :okthumb:

jbrasco951
12-02-2005, 11:26 AM
thx for the advice and now i will get out of spam rehab a changed man:wnw:

Sin
12-02-2005, 12:39 PM
LOL Okay that last post made me laugh, thanks for the apology :)

selena
12-02-2005, 12:52 PM
I must have missed whatever it is you did.

A pity, because I do so hate missing drama. ~sighs~

At any rate, now that you are rehabilitated...

welcome :)

Dravyk
12-02-2005, 02:48 PM
I'm realizing that now, but normally i reply to threads and i just didn't know how important it was to post more. I can't believe i got slammed for doing it, but i deserve it. The repliers made some good points and they got me Hey, you're a quick learner! More power to you!

And welcome aboard. :)

CDSmith
12-02-2005, 04:03 PM
Was there a driveby spamming?

Or was it a run-by fruiting?

Either way I missed it. Let me know if I won anything. :-pearl:

jbrasco951
12-02-2005, 04:13 PM
oh btw, I'm Johnny Brasco, The producer for ynotradio.com and i run all of the station's radio shows. I've been working here for three months and all of my experience has been in radio, so i came in as a virgin to this biz.

So now you know who i am

jbrasco951
12-02-2005, 04:14 PM
refer to the post "the rerun of mayor's money" to read about the drama

Sin
12-02-2005, 05:55 PM
My post sounds rude, I apologize Jbrasco. Welcome to Oprano, its good to have you here, I love that you are willing to acknowledge the mistake and furthermore, apologize. Looking forward to having you around! :)

Red
12-02-2005, 07:23 PM
Welcome to Oprano Johnny. You've seen the error of your ways and have repented. :mf_popean All is forgiven.

Oh, and Morgan is correct. Kirby the carrot works wonders. :cdance:

Trev
12-02-2005, 07:27 PM
I just don't get it, I'm trying my hardest on most things to not be cunty... but Jonny has gone and pissed you all off and I can't for the life in me get it...

Tell them all to fuck off Jonny and welcome to Oprano :D

sarettah
12-02-2005, 08:03 PM
I just don't get it, I'm trying my hardest on most things to not be cunty... but Jonny has gone and pissed you all off and I can't for the life in me get it...

Tell them all to fuck off Jonny and welcome to Oprano :D

Me neither...lol..

Weg Cory
12-02-2005, 08:23 PM
I didn't read what this is derived from, however, I would not worry about it in the slightest. With something like this, it will be forgotten by tomorrow.

Also, you may be behind the Internet curve, but just remember that post like this place you ahead of the Adult Industry PR curve.

MorganGrayson
12-02-2005, 09:16 PM
CD...you won points for the "Mrs. Doubtfire" reference! :okthumb:

Johnny...you won points for the funny "spam rehab" line! :okthumb:

Cory...you won points because you're hot and I'm still hanging in there hoping for more pics! :okthumb:

Red...you have to make due with sexual favors! :yowsa:

Red
12-02-2005, 10:28 PM
Red...you have to make due with sexual favors! :yowsa:

:woohoo: That's better than points....

Oh, wait a minute, is that getting or giving? :unsure:

MorganGrayson
12-02-2005, 10:57 PM
:woohoo: That's better than points....

Oh, wait a minute, is that getting or giving? :unsure:

It would certainly be shabby of me to *not* give you points then require you to *give* sexual favors.

You shall receive them, of course.

The usual...one hopes? :yowsa:

CDSmith
12-02-2005, 11:21 PM
CD...you won points for the "Mrs. Doubtfire" reference! :okthumb: I was wondering if anyone was going to pick up on that. It makes me all giddy inside that someone did.

:yowsa:

Say, can I get in on the Red's sexual favors thing? I have some new, uh... multi-tasking techniques I'd like to share.

helix
12-02-2005, 11:38 PM
your path to forgiveness is to shave your testicles and smear them with a thick coating of Vicks VapoRub or any other liniment containing eucalyptus oil. :yowsa:

MorganGrayson
12-02-2005, 11:57 PM
I was wondering if anyone was going to pick up on that. It makes me all giddy inside that someone did.

:yowsa:

Say, can I get in on the Red's sexual favors thing? I have some new, uh... multi-tasking techniques I'd like to share.

I think a multi-tasker who is all giddy inside would be a wonderful addition to Red's sexual favors! :yowsa:

MorganGrayson
12-02-2005, 11:58 PM
your path to forgiveness is to shave your testicles and smear them with a thick coating of Vicks VapoRub or any other liniment containing eucalyptus oil. :yowsa:

Hi, helix! :waving:

I think you either need to seek professional help...or cease the professional help you're currently receiving. You seem to have developed a...we'll go with "quirk" here. :blink:

helix
12-03-2005, 09:14 AM
:waving: Morgan

quirk is a polite way of putting it :)

btw I am way beyond help. :yowsa:

Red
12-03-2005, 12:24 PM
I think a multi-tasker who is all giddy inside would be a wonderful addition to Red's sexual favors! :yowsa:

Oh, hell yes. You know me, the more the merrier. :yowsa:

MorganGrayson
12-04-2005, 11:42 AM
:waving: Morgan

quirk is a polite way of putting it :)

btw I am way beyond help. :yowsa:

Hi again, helix! :waving:

Other than teasing you, I wouldn't change a thing. I like you as quirky as you are! :okthumb:

Ah...this may turn out to be quite the sexual favors bestowed upon Red! :yowsa:

Red
12-04-2005, 12:56 PM
Ah...this may turn out to be quite the sexual favors bestowed upon Red! :yowsa:

Well, it IS almost my birthday so the timing works out well.

MorganGrayson
12-04-2005, 01:05 PM
Well, it IS almost my birthday so the timing works out well.

Hmmmm.... :unsure:

I think that, just to be safe, I'm going to have everyone involved sign a release. It just wouldn't do not to have champagne on your birthday. Liquor fueld sexual favors are pretty much guaranteed to get out of hand.

As if this was "under control" in the first place! :yowsa: