View Full Version : The possibillities are absolutely staggering

sarettah
11-29-2005, 12:34 PM
Ok, I have been playing with the numbers that resulted from our poll thus far.
http://www.oprano.com/msgboard/showthread.php?t=45012

Why, because that's what I do :) That is the main business I am in, figuring out projections based on the data available.

According to what I am seeing, if a program came in to Oprano and managed to get .01% (Thats one one hundreth of a percent) of the Oprano member base to sign up and send their traffic to the program they would be seeing a potential of 193 new joins per month. :blink:

Now, one one hundreth of a percent is a smaller percentage then you would see from a straight out SPAM campaign.

From my experience, a well targetted marketing campaign should see results in the 10%-20% response range. At that percentage the numbers become outrageous with potentials around 193,000 joins per month.

:blink:

Nickatilynx
11-29-2005, 12:59 PM
Ok, I have been playing with the numbers that resulted from our poll thus far.
http://www.oprano.com/msgboard/showthread.php?t=45012

Why, because that's what I do :) That is the main business I am in, figuring out projections based on the data available.

According to what I am seeing, if a program came in to Oprano and managed to get .01% (Thats one one hundreth of a percent) of the Oprano member base to sign up and send their traffic to the program they would be seeing a potential of 193 new joins per month. :blink:

Now, one one hundreth of a percent is a smaller percentage then you would see from a straight out SPAM campaign.

From my experience, a well targetted marketing campaign should see results in the 10%-20% response range. At that percentage the numbers become outrageous with potentials around 193,000 joins per month.

10 -20%?????....you are crazy.

DrGuile
11-29-2005, 01:01 PM

Lol, either you have a bunch of liars or you suck at math...

sarettah
11-29-2005, 01:08 PM
Lol, either you have a bunch of liars or you suck at math...

Potentials are exactly that potentials...

I bought a powerball ticket last night. Potentially I am a multi millionaire, but you don't see me quitting my day job over it (yet) :okthumb:

That is the straight math using the entire member base of Oprano in the calculations. Since the entire memberbase is not active, that skews it quite a lot that is why I posted the one one hundreth of a percent numbers first.

Nick, the 10%-20% response rate is based on targetted direct mail campaigns, not email campaigns. However, I have done targetted mainstream email campaigns that have drawn that kind of a response rate. It all depends on how precisely the campaign is targetted and the perceived value of any premium offered. (Like I should be telling you about email campaigns...duh :headwall: )

Anyway, the bottom line is that there is still some gold in them there hills :yowsa:

Edited in: DrGuile (my fine gay canadian frog friend) if you want to see the math I used (very simple actually didn't do all the fancy statistical shit) http://www.bntnews.com/optraffic.htm I just used straight extrapolation.

Please note that for the calculations of number of joins I used the LOW end of each poll choice. ie: if the question was 75-99 joins, I used the low of instead of the median hence if you look at the row of 1-9 joins all the numbers were based on that webmaster providing one join a day.

sarettah
11-29-2005, 01:50 PM
And another thing, my fine Canadian fiends....

From dictionary.com:

out·ra·geous ( P ) Pronunciation Key (out-rjs)
adj.

Being beyond all reason;

DrGuile
11-29-2005, 01:55 PM
If you back pedal any faster, you'll go right through that wall...

your first post was implying the .01% number wasnt much to ask for and that the 10-20% should be within reason, giving unbelivable numbers...

I think you're math is flawed, and that you knew it but pulled a FoxNews.

sarettah
11-29-2005, 02:06 PM

your first post was implying the .01% number wasnt much to ask for and that the 10-20% should be within reason, giving unbelivable numbers...

I think you're math is flawed, and that you knew it but pulled a FoxNews.

lolol...nopers I used OUTRAGEOUS on purpose. If I wanted to do a fox I would have stated that a program could get 1.92 million joins a month :yowsa: and then I would have attacked you as an unpatriotic asshole when you questioned the numbers and then I would have just started talking about WMDs and terrorism and your complete support of them :yowsa:

As far as the math being flawed. It is up there for you to look at and peruse to your heart's content. If an adjustment needs to be made, point it out to me and I will make it. I screw up all the time and since I laid it out in excel and it is an MS product the potential for error is definitely there :rolleyes:

sarettah
11-29-2005, 02:10 PM
Just an addendum....

Do I think 10-20% response rate for a properly targetted campaign is reasonable? Most definitely. I have stated that before and I will stand behind it.

Do I think that a 10-20% response rate from Oprano webmasters sending 100% of their traffic to a program would produce 193,000 joins a month ? Hell no. The numbers say that that is the potential, my brain says it is not reasonable.

TheEnforcer
11-29-2005, 02:13 PM
There are lies, damn lies, and statistics!! :)

MorganGrayson
11-29-2005, 02:57 PM
And another thing, my fine Canadian fiends....

From dictionary.com:

out·ra·geous ( P ) Pronunciation Key (out-rjs)
adj.

Being beyond all reason;

Denotation = dictionary definition

Conotation = what emotions and interpretations the word triggers.

"Outrageous" has lost a lot of denotation and the conotation has become more along the "wow! cool! check it out!" lines.

Great line! Points coming! :)

sarettah
11-29-2005, 03:15 PM
Denotation = dictionary definition

Conotation = what emotions and interpretations the word triggers.

"Outrageous" has lost a lot of denotation and the conotation has become more along the "wow! cool! check it out!" lines.

Great line! Points coming! :)

Outrageous has always meant "Bullshit" to me :hmm:

selena
11-29-2005, 05:57 PM
Everytime I hear one of you mention email campaigns, I get misty eyed and mourn the fact of not being around for those times.

Then again, I'm sure you are speaking of double opt in stuff, so I could do it still today.

:D

Fascinating post, sarettah. I'm trying to give you the thumbs up smiley, but it isn't working for me. So just consider it done. ;)

MorganGrayson
11-29-2005, 06:05 PM
Outrageous has always meant "Bullshit" to me :hmm:

"Bullshit" is good, too. :)

Biggy
11-29-2005, 09:13 PM
you have a bunch of liars

*cough*