PDA

View Full Version : My eyes are gonna fall outta my head

Sin
11-29-2005, 05:17 AM
...I've spent the whole day redownloading banners from sponsors, (figured it would be easier than the other alternative options)

I'm amazed that I don't have a headache from all the blinking, flashing, expanding & contracting, and sliding, and sparkling, and god only knows what else I've seen...

I've become a fan of non-animated banners.

voodooman
11-29-2005, 05:19 AM
...I've spent the whole day redownloading banners from sponsors, (figured it would be easier than the other alternative options)

I'm amazed that I don't have a headache from all the blinking, flashing, expanding & contracting, and sliding, and sparkling, and god only knows what else I've seen...

I've become a fan of non-animated banners.

Back in the day sponsors offered zip files for all their banners.

:okthumb:

Sin
11-29-2005, 05:38 AM
Yeah, except I don't want to download ALL their banners, just the ones that I want to use. lol

Trev
11-29-2005, 05:40 AM

The way it should be, there's one sponsor that bugs the shit right out of me because the amount of hoops that I need to jump through just to get their banners... that pisses me right off. :mad:

Sin
11-29-2005, 05:45 AM
After today, I have several banner "bitches" (or rants)

Rant #1:
Don't put oversized banners in with "Regular Banners" ...if they are an odd size, throw them in the with "Odd sized banners" !!!

Rant #2:
If the text that is blinking/flashing/sliding/expanding is doing its "thing" too fast for me to read it, I'm not going to choose it

Rant #3:
If there's a girl on the banner, and she is pixelated to the point that it looks like a big skin colored BLUR, I'm not going to choose it.

Rant #3:
I'd really love to see more softcore banners. When every banner has gaping pussy and rock hard cock, they all start to look the same after a while. The text stops mattering, and all it is is more of the "same old shit" whether its the same site or sponsor or not.

Rant #4:
Have the text be VISIBLE, if you're going to bother putting text on at all. When its impossible to make out the picture from the text and the text from the picture, its just not a pretty sight!

Rant #5:
Go for some kind of originality. Its hard to believe the "Exclusivity" of the site content, when the same girl is on the banners for 10+ of the sites.

Sin
11-29-2005, 05:46 AM
Broken images inside the banner selection doesn't really impress me either.

voodooman
11-29-2005, 08:36 AM
Broken images inside the banner selection doesn't really impress me either.

Maybe you should give up and become a cop. That's what I did when the sponsors pissed me off with their banners. LoL ;)

Newton
11-29-2005, 11:54 AM
A tad extreme lol

Nickatilynx
11-29-2005, 12:03 PM

back in the day ...who needed banners?

"Refresh"

;-)))

TheEnforcer
11-29-2005, 12:18 PM
After today, I have several banner "bitches" (or rants)

Rant #1:
Don't put oversized banners in with "Regular Banners" ...if they are an odd size, throw them in the with "Odd sized banners" !!!

Rant #2:
If the text that is blinking/flashing/sliding/expanding is doing its "thing" too fast for me to read it, I'm not going to choose it

Rant #3:
If there's a girl on the banner, and she is pixelated to the point that it looks like a big skin colored BLUR, I'm not going to choose it.

Rant #3:
I'd really love to see more softcore banners. When every banner has gaping pussy and rock hard cock, they all start to look the same after a while. The text stops mattering, and all it is is more of the "same old shit" whether its the same site or sponsor or not.

Rant #4:
Have the text be VISIBLE, if you're going to bother putting text on at all. When its impossible to make out the picture from the text and the text from the picture, its just not a pretty sight!

Rant #5:
Go for some kind of originality. Its hard to believe the "Exclusivity" of the site content, when the same girl is on the banners for 10+ of the sites.

:-pearl:

Very nice list of legit complaints about ad materials you have there Sin. A post that would be well advised for sponsors to be aware of!! :okthumb:

MorganGrayson
11-29-2005, 12:33 PM
Rant #6 (Continuing from Sin's list): Don't make *all* of your banners animated. It makes the page jump around and the surfers tune out. One animated banner on a page is eye-catching. Three is noise.

Rant #7: Ease up on the flash. If the linksite owner likes the webmaster, the webmaster might get a note that says "tut-tut, don't do that." Otherwise, it's just a rejection.

Rant #8: Somebody figure out a way to hide the sponsor code in an IFRAME, please.

Rant #9: "Let us know if you want something special" is a nice touch.

Newton
11-29-2005, 01:04 PM
Nice .. these points should be made into a sticky :)