PDA

View Full Version : Owens gets what he deserves!!

TheEnforcer
11-23-2005, 02:11 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2234459

Arbitrator rules against T.O., upholds suspensionESPN.com news services

PHILADELPHIA -- Terrell Owens' season is effectively over after an arbitrator ruled Wednesday that the Philadelphia Eagles were justified in suspending him for four games.

Arbitrator Richard Bloch wrote in a 38-page decision that the Eagles clearly proved that the suspension was justified, and were within their right to pay their All-Pro receiver but not allow him to return "due to the nature of his conduct and its destructive and continuing threat to the team."

"We couldn't have written it any better ourselves," an Eagles official told ESPN's Sal Paolantonio.

"We are pleased that the arbitrator has upheld the right of a club to suspend a player for conduct detrimental to the club," said Harold Henderson, the NFL's head of labor relations. "The ruling makes clear that Terrell Owens and his agent engaged in conduct that was disruptive to the Eagles and that coach Reid's decision to suspend the player was appropriate."

Bloch heard more than 13 hours of testimony last week. Owens' side argued the penalty is excessive and the Eagles' decision to deactivate him is too severe. Owens wanted to be reinstated to the Eagles or released so he can sign with another team.

Owens was suspended Nov. 5 after he again criticized quarterback Donovan McNabb, called the organization "classless" and fought with former teammate Hugh Douglas, who serves as team "ambassador."

Two days later, the Eagles extended the suspension to four games and told Owens not to return. The reigning conference champions are 0-3 without Owens and 4-6 overall, last in the NFC East.

Owens has five years remaining on a seven-year, $48.97 million contract that he signed when he came to Philadelphia in March 2004. His problems started when he demanded a new contract after an outstanding season in which he caught 77 passes for 1,200 yards and 14 touchdowns, helping the Eagles reach the Super Bowl.

With Owens, the Eagles are 17-5 over two seasons. Without him, they're 2-5, including two meaningless losses and two playoff wins.

JR
11-23-2005, 03:21 PM
i dont watch football.... but it only takes 2 minutes of watching that guy on tv to see that he is a complete asshole.

Anthony
11-23-2005, 03:27 PM
Was it Chris Rock who said this?

Shaq is rich. But the guy who signs Shaq's checks, now that is wealthy!

TO fucked with the guy who signs the checks. Stupid move. You'll lose every time.

Evil Chris
11-23-2005, 04:10 PM
i dont watch football.... but it only takes 2 minutes of watching that guy on tv to see that he is a complete asshole.hahaha.... great. :okthumb:

Dravyk
11-24-2005, 08:53 AM
Good riddance to T.O.

Funny how the record seems to suggest that the Eagles are doing badly without TO. Mind you, were' not doing good, but a major part of that was because of TO's disruptive influences, and the rest to McNabb's injuries.

Either way, this year is a scratch off. Next year will be better. And either way the Eagles are better without TO. I'll be sitting here laughing when I find out who get's Owens next year. Good luck to them! They will need it!

MorganGrayson
11-24-2005, 12:57 PM
Reminds me of an unbelievably overpaid asshole the Chargers briefly had as a quarterback...whose name escapes me, it was a bit ago. Getting rid of him was wonderful.

TheEnforcer
11-25-2005, 02:35 PM
Ryan leaf is the guy you are thinking of Morgan....

MorganGrayson
11-25-2005, 02:43 PM
Ryan leaf is the guy you are thinking of Morgan....

Ah, yes. Thank you, TE. The guy caused so much hostility in San Diego I would have thought it impossible to forget his name, but forget it I did. Every time a microphone came near his mouth his foot would beat it in. It was amazing, in a horrifying kind of way.

Spoiled children should not be allowed to play with grown-ups.

Nickatilynx
11-25-2005, 02:52 PM
Every time a microphone came near his mouth his foot would beat it in.

:-pearl:

MorganGrayson
11-25-2005, 03:43 PM
:-pearl:

Someone please second my pearl. :blush:
(I love having pearls!)

Just in case, I'll set off Trev's Boards Scanner!

TREV!!!

Dravyk
11-25-2005, 05:07 PM
Seconded. :)