PDA

View Full Version : The Colts are 10-0

Evil Chris
11-21-2005, 10:52 AM
I remember being a fan of the Dallas Cowboys in the 1970's... back when I cheered for whatever team my Dad did in the NFL. But it was Eric Dickerson that originally made me a fan of the Colts.

Over the years my interest in the NFL waned somewhat (due to my job and life) but when Peyton Manning joined the team as QB in 1998, my interest in the team came back stronger than ever. He's like what Wayne Gretzky was to hockey, what Michael Jordan was to basketball.. etc.

Hopefully this is their year. This team deserves a Super Bowl ring. :okthumb:

TheEnforcer
11-21-2005, 11:34 AM
I can't think of a QB I'd like to see drilled by a 300+ lb lineman right in the chops more than Peyton Manning. Maybe it's those stupid credit card commercials that he does that annoys me so damn much. I give him his due though because he's one hell of a QB.

They won't go undeafeated though. I think they will finish 14-2 with 2 losses among any of the following 4 teams left on their schedule. Pittsburgh (if Ben R is back), Jacksonville, San Diego, or Seattle. They will no doubt beat Arizona and Tennessee.

Steady
11-21-2005, 12:07 PM
The Colts will be the SuperBowl Champs this season.
Payton Manning is un-stopable.

TheEnforcer
11-21-2005, 12:09 PM
heya Styeady.. nice to see you! :>))

MorganGrayson
11-21-2005, 12:12 PM
First, and somewhat unrelated, I always take a moment in my dear friend Chris' football threads to mention the Chargers. (Chris is kind, and doesn't seem to mind.)

San Diego Chargers - 48 :cheer:
Buffalo Bills - 10

I became a Colts fan during a long ago post season game when a quarterback referred to as "the comeback kid," whose name unfortunately fell out of my head, put on the most impressive display of sheer enjoyment of the game of football. Every time he was on the sidelines he bounced up and down on his toes, a big smile on his face, vibrating to get back in the game. I was hooked. :)

DrGuile
11-21-2005, 12:45 PM
The Colts will be the SuperBowl Champs this season.
Payton Manning is un-stopable.

right... You mean like last year?

ahahah

Sharpie
11-21-2005, 12:53 PM
Indy has been waiting a long time.... they keep having near misses. They gambled big time on Peyton & 'here is hoping he brings home the bacon. He is finally mature enough to get the job done - although I wonder sometimes if he isn't just a wee bit too cocky.... like running 3 pass plays when he should have been running the clock out to perserve the victory. But, you certainly don't want a quarterback with out all the self confidence. I am sure coach really read him the 'riot act! Will be interesting to see if he makes that mistake again.

grimm
11-21-2005, 08:58 PM
i was at the colts-bengals, and there wasnt a defense to be found. the colts D sucks just as much as ever. bengals miss 2 field goals. and a questionable PI call late in the game, colts are a one loss team. poor display of defense on both sides. both teams scored seemingly at will.

another team, one with a defense will take home the lombardi this year.

Evil Chris
11-21-2005, 10:18 PM
i was at the colts-bengals, and there wasnt a defense to be found. the colts D sucks just as much as ever. bengals miss 2 field goals. and a questionable PI call late in the game, colts are a one loss team. poor display of defense on both sides. both teams scored seemingly at will.

another team, one with a defense will take home the lombardi this year.and here I thought you knew a little something about football.

Colts D is second only to the Bears after 10 games. Yeah they had an off day against the Bengals, but with guys like Freeney, June, and Reagor... I'm not too worried about it.

Vick
11-21-2005, 10:58 PM
Fuck the Indianapolis Dolts

Return the Silver and Blue to Baltimore where it belongs and get your own name and colors