PDA

View Full Version : Going to see HP and the Goblet of Fire

Red
11-18-2005, 09:53 AM
We got our tickets in advance and we're going to the first show this while the kids are still in school. I'm hoping that it's as good as the others, even though so much of the book will be cut out due to length.
I'll let you all know later how it was.

pushpills
11-18-2005, 10:02 AM
why are you going without your kids? making sure it's ok?

Red
11-18-2005, 10:24 AM
why are you going without your kids? making sure it's ok?

No silly. I don't have any kids. We're going while kids are in school so the theater isn't as full of them. :)

pushpills
11-18-2005, 10:26 AM
No silly. I don't have any kids. We're going while kids are in school so the theater isn't as full of them. :)

oh...while other peoples kids are in school. gotcha. ;)

TheEnforcer
11-18-2005, 10:43 AM
Cool... I'm looking forward to watching it sometime myself.

Red
11-18-2005, 03:27 PM
The movie was very good. There were some great special FX. If I hadn't read the book, I would have liked the film a lot more. I knew a lot had to be cut out because the book was so long and they did a good job of not losing anything integral to the plot, but knowing what was cut out made it a little less fulfilling. I still enjoyed it and I'm sure I'll see it a few more times.

MorganGrayson
11-18-2005, 04:29 PM
The movie was very good. There were some great special FX. If I hadn't read the book, I would have liked the film a lot more. I knew a lot had to be cut out because the book was so long and they did a good job of not losing anything integral to the plot, but knowing what was cut out made it a little less fulfilling. I still enjoyed it and I'm sure I'll see it a few more times.

My youngest always has to watch the Harry Potter movies twice. The first is for the long, loud bitch session about the stuff they cut out. The second time is to enjoy the movie. :)

I do it with movies made from Michael Crichton's books. :)

sarettah
11-18-2005, 04:54 PM
I do it with movies made from Michael Crichton's books.

They should only be allowed to make movies from books that are written by authors that actually know how to write :headwall: :headwall: :headwall:

As for the rest of you, how can you possibly justify supporting this satanic monopoly they call Harry Potter ? :blink: