PDA

View Full Version : They Always Pay Big for Some Good Pussy

Dravyk
11-16-2005, 10:49 PM
By mistake, American Express offers a card to kitty

As Americans' credit card debt steadily rises, card companies continue to dole out applications offering more. But how much consideration, if any, goes into the offers?

As one Glen Burnie woman learned, even her house cat is deserving.

Last month Marilyn Hecox's 4-year-old black domestic short-hair, Samson, received an offer for the American Express Rewards Plus Gold Card.

"At first it's funny. Then you get a little nervous about it," Mrs. Hecox said, sitting in her dining room and thumbing through the application with a puzzled look on her face while Samson sat at the door waiting to be let outside.

"As the membership criteria at American Express remains stringent, the Rewards Plus Gold Card is difficult to acquire for all but the most financially disciplined," the application letter starts off.

Really?

Ms. Hecox said Samson is a good boy, but has no financial history.

rest of article found here: http://www.hometownannapolis.com/cgi-bin/read/2005/11_16-40/TOP

Dravyk
11-17-2005, 12:04 PM
Not a single comment? And on Oprano. Amazing. http://oprano.com/msgboard/images/smilies/blink.gif

Nickatilynx
11-17-2005, 12:08 PM
Not a single comment? And on Oprano. Amazing. http://oprano.com/msgboard/images/smilies/blink.gif

And yet you still can't get a green one....LOL

On Oprano if it was the black card we might have been impressed ;-)))

That would be sweet!!!!

Fly in to LAX and have their Amex Concierge waiting for a cat lol

Dravyk
11-17-2005, 12:23 PM
On Oprano if it was the black card we might have been impressed ;-)))

That would be sweet!!!!

Fly in to LAX and have their Amex Concierge waiting for a cat lolWhat happened to the "sky blue" one, the one where supposedly the sky is the limit? http://oprano.com/msgboard/images/smilies/smile.gif

Nickatilynx
11-17-2005, 12:35 PM
What happened to the "sky blue" one, the one where supposedly the sky is the limit? http://oprano.com/msgboard/images/smilies/smile.gif

LOL.

The black one is the , sort of, unlimited one.

You can buy a car with it :)

MorganGrayson
11-17-2005, 01:55 PM
LOL.

The black one is the , sort of, unlimited one.

You can buy a car with it :)

When I worked for Holiday Inn, one of the desk clerks turned to me with one in her hand and said (in a voice that carried) "is this real?" The most distinguished black gentleman at the counter in thousands of dollars worth of tailoring was NOT amused. I took over checking him in. (Kentucky, early '70s)

I once had an American Express Optima card in one of my pen names. I'd subscribed to the correct magazines in that name, so they sent me one of those "you've been approved!" things.

It's possible that the easiest way to get an American Express card is still to subscribe to art, culture or history magazines. That's what they used to use for their mailing list.

Dravyk
11-17-2005, 03:36 PM
It's possible that the easiest way to get an American Express card is still to subscribe to art, culture or history magazines. That's what they used to use for their mailing list. I wonder which magazine the cat read. :g01:

Nickatilynx
11-17-2005, 03:53 PM
When I worked for Holiday Inn, one of the desk clerks turned to me with one in her hand and said (in a voice that carried) "is this real?" The most distinguished black gentleman at the counter in thousands of dollars worth of tailoring was NOT amused. I took over checking him in. (Kentucky, early '70s)

LOL

If it was a black one ,it was a fake .

The black card was an urban legend.

Then Amex said fuck it , if they wanna think there is one , lets issue them in the late 90s.

;-))

MorganGrayson
11-17-2005, 04:09 PM
LOL

If it was a black one ,it was a fake .

The black card was an urban legend.

Then Amex said fuck it , if they wanna think there is one , lets issue them in the late 90s.

;-))

To be totally honest, it was so long ago, I don't remember what color the card was. It was a corporate card. She'd just never seen one before. *sigh* This was before they integrated the schools, and boy wasn't that fun. The only "black" problem in the exchange was the color of the gentleman that handed it to her. I totally believe that if the customer had been white, we wouldn't have had that problem at all.

A little while after that, I got to make change for Frankie Valli. I also got to listen to a bass player (I wish I could remember the name of the famous guy he was playing with, but I can't) rant because he couldn't get served a cup of coffee. When I finally smiled and said "feel better now?" he grinned at me. I went back to the kitchen, got a bunch of coffee, and he spent half the day leaning against the counter talking to me.

I really sucked at having a misspent youth. Coffee and conversation with rock musicians. *sigh* If I only knew then what I know now....

Nickatilynx
11-17-2005, 04:11 PM
Funny thing is...

In the 80s diners club cards were the "prestige" ones.

You don't see them much now.

MorganGrayson
11-17-2005, 04:30 PM
Funny thing is...

You don't see them much now.

My father had one. :)
And no, they don't seem to have survived the trip through the years....

Dravyk
11-17-2005, 05:11 PM
Funny thing is...

You don't see them much now. Remember the Playboy KeyCard? That was considered big-time hot back in "the days".

Even Bond James Bond had one!

They -- or someone -- should resurrect that concept.

Timon
11-18-2005, 09:42 AM
Nick, you know a little more about credit cards than the average person should :p