View Full Version : Jim, I canna change the laws of physics...

sarettah
11-16-2005, 09:00 AM
Life is just ironic sometimes :rolleyes:

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2005/11/16/051116134610.f5r7ssv0.html

Ashes of 'Star Trek' actor grounded by dud rocket

In life, James Doohan was the "Star Trek" engineer who worked miracles on the Enterprise, but a rocket meant to blast his remains into space has engine trouble.

A Falcon One rocket was to lift the ashes of Doohan, who played engineer Montgomery "Scotty" Scott aboard the fictional Starship Enterprise, into space next month but the launch has been delayed at least until February, organizers said Tuesday.

"They had an engine test they didn't like so they will do another month of testing," Charles Chafer of Space Services Inc. told AFP.

Unlike Scotty, who told Captain James T. Kirk in a Scottish accent, "She'll launch on time and she'll be ready," the US Department of Defense engineers involved with the rocket mission needed more time to sort out engine problems, Chafer said.

The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain.

Red
11-16-2005, 10:25 AM
Life is just ironic sometimes :rolleyes:

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2005/11/16/051116134610.f5r7ssv0.html

The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain.

Very ironic. I read that there will also be ashes of a former astronaut going up on that ship. The name, however, isn't going to be released until after the launch.

nlphoto
11-16-2005, 12:53 PM
they gotta be careful... the last thing they want is for it to crash...

After all, someone might walk by and mutter, "jeez, what an ashhole..."

Tank yue, tank yue, I'll be here all week... and please don't fergit to tip yer waitress... :)

MorganGrayson
11-16-2005, 01:00 PM
*agonized groan*

For those of you who "believe with whimsey"...the beloved "Scotty" fed these people an opportunity to use one of his standard lines from the great beyond...and they didn't take it. Poor Scotty and the unamed astronaut are up there, sucking aged Scotch and muttering.