PDA

View Full Version : Just finished the first of four classes for...

Anthony
11-14-2005, 11:54 PM
Defensive combat firearm training! It is illegal to call it "Offensive".

4 hours of non stop drilling, rocking the trigger, smack, rack, and fire, quick draw under fire, it goes on and on and on.

I am right handed, left eye dominant, so I turn my head to get the best sight picture, that was corrected, very simply, so that I know use both eyes when shooting. It is well worth the money. I figure another 6 months of this training, and I'm gonna go commando. Just kidding. :)

I can shoot 1 to 2 inch groups at 50 feet, that goes to absolute shit when in a combat situation where I have to draw under stress. Shooting at targets, you have all the time in the world. Learning how to draw and shoot accurately in less than 1.5 seconds was a goddamn eye opener!

I find it extremely ironic that my instructors are Ex British SAS training US citizens. I thought I was back in the goddamn military the way I was being yelled at. I loved it. These guys were operators, you can see it in their eyes. Loved hearing how the SAS train in hostage ops. They are in ready to enter a room, they are given a picture to look at for about 5 seconds, and are told GO GO GO, kill everyone except that person in the picture, and all the variants to that drill.

I am so looking forward to my next training. :)

Sin
11-14-2005, 11:56 PM
Sounds like something I'd love to do right now

Dravyk
11-14-2005, 11:56 PM
Glad you're on my side. :)

Anthony
11-14-2005, 11:57 PM
Sounds like something I'd love to do right now

Not something I usually expect to hear from a Canadian.

Nice though. :)

Sin
11-14-2005, 11:57 PM
And a little frightening as well lol

Lots of Canadians have firearms btw.

Anthony
11-14-2005, 11:59 PM
And a little frightening as well lol

Lots of Canadians have firearms btw.

I heard. usually the illegal type. :)

I've been told what it takes to get a handgun permit up there. talk about jumping hoops!

Newton
11-15-2005, 02:47 AM
Excellent Anthony, glad you enjoyed it, as the SAS are superb .. god bless them :okthumb: