PDA

View Full Version : Anyone still losing weight?

sharky
11-10-2005, 04:29 PM
I certainly am!

Today is 3 months to the day that I have been working out and changed my life! So far I have lost 62lbs and I'm losing more on a daily basis!

Winetalk.com
11-10-2005, 04:31 PM
Sharky, the first 100 pounds are the easiest
;)

Nickatilynx
11-10-2005, 04:32 PM
Fuck me!! Thats excellent.Well done :)

I have lost 20lbs , so far.

Got a treadmill and , until trev and newton got here , I was eating senisbly.

MorganGrayson
11-10-2005, 04:34 PM
I certainly am!

Today is 3 months to the day that I have been working out and changed my life! So far I have lost 62lbs and I'm losing more on a daily basis!

I'm doing Weight Watchers Online, the "Flex Points" Plan. Lost 7 pounds the first week...and absolutely nothing the second. My sister explained it was because "I didn't eat enough." :blink:

This is the third week so it's too soon to really get excited, but my entire eating habits have changed. Black coffee, fat free cottage cheese, fat free yogurt and more carrot sticks than I care to think about cutting up. I just got my order from waldenfarms.com, which makes sugar free/fat free/cholesterol free products. I haven't opened the box yet...part of me is half-convinced the jars and bottles are going to be empty.

sharky
11-10-2005, 04:36 PM
Sharky, the first 100 pounds are the easiest
;)
haha! I hear ya Serge!

I'm going to the gym 5-7 days a week.. not only losing weight, but cutting bodyfat!

Trev
11-10-2005, 04:41 PM
Fuck me!! Thats excellent.Well done :)

I have lost 20lbs , so far.

Got a treadmill and , until trev and newton got here , I was eating senisbly.
:blink:

Yeah, yeah.. blame us... would you like extra Foie Gras on your extra Foie Gras :yowsa:

Nickatilynx
11-10-2005, 04:42 PM
:blink:

Yeah, yeah.. blame us... would you like extra Foie Gras on your extra Foie Gras :yowsa:

That was once!!!!

Hey!! And you tried it ( eventually lol) and liked it!!

LOL

sharky
11-10-2005, 04:43 PM
Here's a pic showing a comparison of me from a little while ago. I've lost an addional 20lbs since then

http://dev.twindreams.com/mike/mike_weightloss092405.jpg

Trev
11-10-2005, 04:44 PM
That was once!!!!

Hey!! And you tried it ( eventually lol) and liked it!!

LOL
I was very pleasantly surprised, Toni still doesn't believe I tried it though ;)

Trev
11-10-2005, 04:45 PM
Here's a pic showing a comparison of me from a little while ago. I've lost an addional 20lbs since then

http://dev.twindreams.com/mike/mike_weightloss092405.jpg
Damn!

You're looking awesome (in a non gay way), WTG man :okthumb:

sharky
11-10-2005, 04:47 PM
If you are interested I have posted more pics on the bodybuilding.com forum.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=620049

Nickatilynx
11-10-2005, 04:48 PM
Damn!

You love him you do.You fancy him.Thats your boyfriend.

;-)))

http://www.micaelita.com/historytoday/nb4.shtml

sharky
11-10-2005, 04:49 PM
Damn!

Thanks. Life is certainly much better now!

a repost from my bb.com post here:

So far the amazing changes in my lifestyle have been:

1) I can tie my shoes without holding my breath.
2) I am no longer known as the guy who passes gas every 20 minutes.
3) Symptoms of IBS are gone.
4) I no longer have to shop at Big & Tall.
5) I can comfortably sit in the stadium chairs at the Buccaneers football games.
6) I have SO much more energy! I work less and get more done!
7) I no longer have sleep Apnea!
8) SEX! And lots of it!

sharky
11-10-2005, 04:51 PM
You jacking my thread Nick? lol.

Nickatilynx
11-10-2005, 04:53 PM
You jacking my thread Nick? lol.

As you still have 50lbs on me I'll stfu then! LOL

;-))

Trev
11-10-2005, 04:55 PM
You love him you do.You fancy him.Thats your boyfriend.

;-)))

http://www.micaelita.com/historytoday/nb4.shtml
lmao... he is kinda fine ;)

sharky
11-10-2005, 04:56 PM
As you still have 50lbs on me I'll stfu then! LOL

;-))
haha. Give me till February, it will be gone!

sharky
11-10-2005, 04:57 PM
You wanna mess with this?

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=251553&d=1131560203

haha

Nickatilynx
11-10-2005, 04:58 PM
You wanna mess with this?

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=251553&d=1131560203

haha

Trev wants the cameraman to pan down....

;-)))

Trev
11-10-2005, 04:58 PM
Thanks. Life is certainly much better now!

a repost from my bb.com post here:

So far the amazing changes in my lifestyle have been:

1) I can tie my shoes without holding my breath.
2) I am no longer known as the guy who passes gas every 20 minutes.
3) Symptoms of IBS are gone.
4) I no longer have to shop at Big & Tall.
5) I can comfortably sit in the stadium chairs at the Buccaneers football games.
6) I have SO much more energy! I work less and get more done!
7) I no longer have sleep Apnea!
8) SEX! And lots of it!
Wow, things I would never have thought about. :unsure:

I know you'll keep on with it and keep us updated with your progress :)

sharky
11-10-2005, 05:00 PM
Thanks for the kind words. I know there were a few people talking about losing weight in August and I wanted to post osme progress. I haven't stopped nor do I intend to stop. I expect to be at 225lbs and 10% bodyfat by March.

SykkBoy
11-10-2005, 05:09 PM
Thanks for the kind words. I know there were a few people talking about losing weight in August and I wanted to post osme progress. I haven't stopped nor do I intend to stop. I expect to be at 225lbs and 10% bodyfat by March.
congrats on everything so far

I'm hit my weight loss goal (30 pounds) and am now working on bodyfat and not watching the scale as much. I'm doing more cardio, including a 5 days per week, 2 mile jog and the benefits are amazing.

Keep up the good work and remember taking it off is the easy part, keeping it off is the hard part. All it took for me was some marital strife to almost forget that.

DrGuile
11-10-2005, 05:10 PM

What's your height?

Biggy
11-10-2005, 05:11 PM
sharky, thats excellent, i was running and eating very well starting in mid sept to mid oct, i dropped 10lbs from 200 to 190. Gotta get back into it, I want to drop down to 175.

Good stuff on the 62 lbs.

MorganGrayson
11-10-2005, 05:26 PM
Sharky...more pics! More pics! :yowsa:

I just had to share this...a little "niceness in the world." I just unpacked my waldenfarms.com order. When I put the order in, I put in the comments box that I'd seen their ad in Weight Watchers magazine and that I'd lost 7 pounds the first week. I got not one, but *two* congratulatory notes. One from the person who typed up the order, written in pen; another from the person who packed the box, note typed on a computer, signed in pen. :o I have a veggie Ranch dip; a French Onion dip; a sun dried tomato Italian salad dressing...all with ZERO calories...and two personal notes. :)

Wow. Sunshine right here in my own personal day.

Peaches
11-10-2005, 05:31 PM
That's awesome Sharky! :) :) :) :)

TheEnforcer
11-10-2005, 05:40 PM
Congrats Sharky.

sharky
11-10-2005, 05:42 PM
i am 6'2"

selena
11-11-2005, 09:35 AM
Lookin' good, sharky!

I need to get motiviated and lose the weight crazy pills made me gain.

Posts like this help. :)

Timon
11-11-2005, 10:03 AM
Those are some great results!

I hate those whiney people who always talk about losing weight but never actually do anything about it, pretending it's impossible.

It's good to see someone have the determination to put in the hard work at the gym and make informed choices at the dinner table and get the impressive results you're getting! :okthumb:

grimm
11-11-2005, 10:16 AM
I'm doing Weight Watchers Online, the "Flex Points" Plan. Lost 7 pounds the first week...and absolutely nothing the second. My sister explained it was because "I didn't eat enough." :blink:

This is the third week so it's too soon to really get excited, but my entire eating habits have changed. Black coffee, fat free cottage cheese, fat free yogurt and more carrot sticks than I care to think about cutting up. I just got my order from waldenfarms.com, which makes sugar free/fat free/cholesterol free products. I haven't opened the box yet...part of me is half-convinced the jars and bottles are going to be empty.

morgan its true. thats been the hardest thing for me. you have to eat to lose weight. when they say 1000-1200 cal a day, they mean it, not less!:)

sharky, looking good. im considering going gay for a shot at that;) lol impressive!

sharky
11-11-2005, 09:46 PM
Grimm -

I'm eating almost 3000 calories a day. bumping it up from 1800 helped me get out fo a plateau!

For you, anything is possible;-)

sharky
11-11-2005, 09:50 PM
You know, I wouldn't be able to post this anywhere else but here.. but check this shit out:

before (340+):
http://www.fubarwebmasters.com/mia04/belly/z03344.jpg

Now:
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=250693&d=1131328988

Inabon
11-11-2005, 09:58 PM
shit you should make a paysite man :)

i bet you would get people that would pay to see you loose weight

just like tom hanks did.

cheers man i have to do the same i remember that pic from bellyflop.

pushpills
11-11-2005, 10:08 PM
sharky you are looking fantastic! :okthumb:

i found some of your flab, it's under my shirt!

slavdogg
11-11-2005, 10:27 PM
i gained 15 lbs this year
how? i have no clue, but i've grown a belly

Sharkster, looking good bro !!
Keep it up .

grimm
11-12-2005, 02:11 AM
Grimm -

I'm eating almost 3000 calories a day. bumping it up from 1800 helped me get out fo a plateau!

For you, anything is possible;-)

glad that works for you. im not looking to put on mass, i already have too much muscle. im looking to lean down, and its been working, my BF % is down almost 20% sinch march. my lean muscle mass has increased by about 20 lbs. seems to be working so far, but im sure im going to have to keep a close eye on my caloric and protein intake and bump up my muscle building workout routing, instead of circuit training and cardio if im going to hit my target. different strokes to move the world. good work buddy!

grimm
11-12-2005, 02:12 AM
every time i hit a plateau, i double my water intake, cut out the caffeine, and up my absorbable protein intake (add whey to my egg beaters) after about a week ill notice a 5-10 lb difference.

grimm
11-12-2005, 02:13 AM
i gained 15 lbs this year
how? i have no clue, but i've grown a belly

Sharkster, looking good bro !!
Keep it up .

i hate you you skinny gay raving SOB;)

Nickatilynx
11-12-2005, 12:25 PM
Whey....

Everyone keeps telling me "eat Whey"

What the fuck does it do?

pushpills
11-12-2005, 01:00 PM
Whey....

builds muscle and gives you the ability to silently clear a room.

Nickatilynx
11-12-2005, 01:06 PM

Fart fodder , huh?

JR
11-12-2005, 04:37 PM

thats an indication that you are getting too much protein and your body can't produce enough of the enzymes to fully break it down. otherwise, whey is quickly broken down and absorbed, which what it is for and why it is used.

grimm
11-12-2005, 04:59 PM
in other words, malabsorption. a leading cause of malabsorption is alchohol.

grimm
11-12-2005, 05:01 PM
Whey....

its the most easy form of protein for your body to break down. whey is the other end of cottage cheese. its a dairy protein. soy also works well. the protein in meat is largely not broken down and used. its a good source of protein if you dont want to drink your meals though and tastes good:)

Nickatilynx
11-12-2005, 05:25 PM
Thanks for the info.

So it would be a good addition to an exercise and diet program.

MorganGrayson
11-12-2005, 05:46 PM
morgan its true. thats been the hardest thing for me. you have to eat to lose weight. when they say 1000-1200 cal a day, they mean it, not less!:)

sharky, looking good. im considering going gay for a shot at that;) lol impressive!

grimm...it's been very difficult. I was doing fine, sailing along, eating way less than my minimum daily points and never using the "flex" points at all...and my body apparently decided it wasn't playing any more. My sister was quite firm on the subject. Now, I feel as if I'm forcing myself to eat, which is decidedly not fun.

For those that are interested - and no, I'm not getting anything for advertising this place, I'm just so grateful to it - my husband and I tried the veggie Ranch dip from waldenfarms.com, that has absolutely no calories. We both loved it. Twelve ounce jar for $3.95, I think it was, which makes it a tad pricey but...hell, it doesn't have any calories in it! (My celery sticks needed a lift.)

I call "next!" after grimm gets done with Sharky! :yowsa:

Queen Bitch
11-12-2005, 07:04 PM
Yo Morg,

Are you planning to pick up that phone sometime today? ;D

SHARKY!!!!

Congratulations!! Good to 'see' you again!

Newton
11-12-2005, 07:14 PM
Thanks for the info.

http://www.bodybuilding-supplements-for-you.com/next-nutrition/glycerlean.htm

http://www.suppshop.co.uk/pg-product_info-d-GlycerLean-pId-255.html

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0KFY/is_9_20/ai_98576867

Glycerlean is the one you want chap ;) Chocolats is the best tasting one, just mix it with some fruit and some water in a blender and 1-2 times a day ;)

Perfect for working out and taken after you work out

Timon
11-13-2005, 01:45 AM
Thanks for the info.

In other words, you just learned a piece of Trivia that is absolutely useless to you :p

Dravyk
11-13-2005, 04:19 PM
Looking awesome, Sharky!! Well done! http://oprano.com/msgboard/images/smilies/ok.gif http://oprano.com/msgboard/images/smilies/clapping.gif

Of course you do know the downside. You're no longer a Belly Flop contenda. http://oprano.com/msgboard/images/smilies/tongue.gif

Dravyk
11-13-2005, 04:20 PM
In other words, you just learned a piece of Trivia that is absolutely useless to you :pNice burn there, my brutha. :burn:

sharky
11-29-2005, 11:19 PM
Weight loss has been slow this month, but I have been building more muscle. down only 5 lbs since the 5th, but have dropped another % in bodyfat:-)

grimm
11-30-2005, 06:29 AM
Weight loss has been slow this month, but I have been building more muscle. down only 5 lbs since the 5th, but have dropped another % in bodyfat:-)

back on the wights... loss at only 7 lbs this month, but i imagine the muscle negates the loss

grimm
11-30-2005, 06:32 AM
morgan, make sure a good portion of your daily calories is some sort of protein. that got me over my last hum, that and i doubled my water intake. so go ahead enjoy that boneless chicken or lean meat. you be surprised at how low cal it is, and it can leapfrog over the next plateau

selena
11-30-2005, 06:46 AM
I need to mentally sticky this thread and read it every day. It's great inspiration!

LadyMischief
11-30-2005, 08:16 AM
Yep, I've been losing weight continally since June... I've shed 70 pounds now and still have just a few more to lose :)

LadyMischief
11-30-2005, 08:18 AM

If you want a nice tip, Morgan, hit me up on icq :)

DannyCox
11-30-2005, 01:55 PM
I weighed myself earlier and I'm up to 234 pounds! That means I have now gained 54 pounds since I have been in this business! Sitting behind a PC most of your life sure doesn't help with weight loss :unsure:

No exercise and only one big meal a day sure kills the metabolism. It's time to eat more often, and do a bit of cardio.

I'll start next week ;)

sharky
12-09-2005, 12:31 AM
Danny I gained over 120lbs in this business!

I am now down to 270 (almost 75lbs lost) and have about 50 more to go before I break even so to speak! haha..

Nickatilynx
12-09-2005, 12:38 AM
Yup I went from 175 at age 36 when I started to 245 at my peak.

down a little through eating better.

Bought a treadmill but have hardly used it...

Same as Danny , no exercise and eating late at night

you are kicking ass Sharky , kudos to you mate. :)

sharky
12-09-2005, 12:52 AM
Thanks Nick:-)

Wait until March... I'll become Oprano's first male model!

Winetalk.com
12-09-2005, 05:30 AM
Thanks Nick:-)

Wait until March... I'll become Oprano's first male model!

I don't think so.....I know a few people here who were there before you
:)

Eating lots of French cheeses hasn't add a single pound to either of us - we walked a LOT every day!

sharky
12-09-2005, 11:10 AM
Serge, you are correct. Maybe I should rephrase as Opranos first GOOD LOOKING male model!

hahaha

Raven
12-13-2005, 02:44 PM
Let's see. Started in May.

Today, I'm 40 pounds lighter; and, as of last Wednesday, minus a gall bladder that the attribute to my rapid weight loss.....AS IF!

Seven months. 40 lbs. And, they call that rapid?

But, yeah, I'm still losing.