PDA

View Full Version : Alternate ways to promote an Affiliate program

Bigsister
11-09-2005, 06:51 PM
Hi,

I am trying to push a paysite with decent traffic and conversion rate, what interests me is how to generally advertise our own affiliate program.

I tried:

1} Mail offers, but I actually recieved one answer from 340 mails sent. I supppose most of my mails had to be regarded as a SPAM mail (which is quite unfair because I had some serious work and expectations with it :)), I also posted this to each webmaster separately.

2} Other way I try is to participate on the Adult webmaster forums, I found some fellow mates, but it's a long way till I get recognized there and not accused of spamming, which I try to avoid nowadays.

3} The registration of domains and setting up the free movie sites which I want to engage to the Free MGP sites, that's in progress now, but this is more focused on new users and traffic.

4) a paid advertisement - didn't tried yet, as I am not sure with the efficiency and very careful on releasing funds (approx price about 1 400 USD / month).

Is there any system, which would be able to connect me with a list of reliable webmasters for a decent sales commission?

Best Regards,

Carlos

TheEnforcer
11-09-2005, 07:07 PM
Carlos, advertising at this forum gets you noticed to be sure. I work for two top notch places that get your affiliate program recognized as I handle the advertrising for both here at Oprano and AllOfEm.com. Both places will get you program exposed to new webmasters and get them to check it out and start sending traffic if they like what they see. I'll be happy totalk advertising with you to see what we can get going for you.

TheEnforcer
11-09-2005, 07:11 PM
Sent you some e-mail.....

Bigsister
11-09-2005, 07:53 PM
Thanks,

I will consider that for sure.

The other thing which I try to involve in, is that I am trying to listen to feedback from the webmasters, what could be improved: content, design, functionality etc. I feel the site has lot of potential, which is cut with relatively easy to solve mistakes.

Red
11-09-2005, 08:21 PM
You can only do so much to push an affiliate program without advertising and like TE said, this is a great place to advertise.

Have you listed yourself with all the resource sites? If not, that should be your first place. Go to every adult resource site and get yourself listed. Next, send out a press release announcing the release of your program. (If you don't know how to write one, please contact me red AT writtentemptations.com)

As far as the boards, you need to do more than just spam your program. You need to get involved in the webmaster community, have your sig placed and in time, as the webmasters get to know and trust you, they'll sign up.

If you're making galleries, make sure you put a "webmaster" link at the bottom of each one that links to your program.

Getting a new affiliate program off the ground isn't easy, though it can be done. There was an affiliate program with God awful sites, yet a very talented woman, with absolutely no help and no money to work with, was able to get over 200 affiliates in only 4 month's time. ;)

Bigsister
11-09-2005, 08:45 PM
Thanks for the tips and hints, some of them are already fullfilled, some of them half- fulfilled some of them not.

Best Regards

Carlos

Trev
11-10-2005, 04:49 AM
There was an affiliate program with God awful sites
Oh god I remember those sites... what a pile of shite they were/are...

Timon
11-10-2005, 05:58 AM
2} Other way I try is to participate on the Adult webmaster forums, I found some fellow mates, but it's a long way till I get recognized there and not accused of spamming, which I try to avoid nowadays.

It's hard work but it pays off in the end... a shortcut you can use is to find a webmaster who is already known on your target board and generally liked and give him a webmastering / promo / sig whore job.

Trev
11-10-2005, 07:17 AM
It's hard work but it pays off in the end... a shortcut you can use is to find a webmaster who is already known on your target board and generally liked and give him a webmastering / promo / sig whore job.
Are you offering your services?

I would offer mine, but no one likes me so it would do him more harm than good :yowsa:

Timon
11-10-2005, 07:26 AM
Are you offering your services?

Yes for a limited time only at the extra special rate of $995 per post :p

Trev
11-10-2005, 07:51 AM
Yes for a limited time only at the extra special rate of $995 per post :p
Excellent value for money :okthumb:

Timon
11-10-2005, 08:14 AM
Excellent value for money :okthumb:

Sure is, ask Dale's competitor :p

selena
11-10-2005, 08:25 AM
Contract someone who wants to grow with your company. Depending on the quality of your site and the solidity of your program, you can probably get someone to take on this kind of thing. The methods mentioned above will work. But they take alot of time, and your time is probably better spent in other ways.

Look within your own affiliate pool.

sarettah
11-10-2005, 09:06 AM

They have a pool ? :unsure:

Cool stuff :okthumb:

How bout a hottub though, that would cement it for me and I would sign up as an affiliate in a moment if they have a hottub. :blink:

Open bar helps too :yowsa:

Red
11-10-2005, 10:32 AM

I still get nightmares once in a while. :1nervous:

Red
11-10-2005, 10:33 AM

Cool stuff :okthumb:

How bout a hottub though, that would cement it for me and I would sign up as an affiliate in a moment if they have a hottub. :blink:

Open bar helps too :yowsa:

How about a bar in the hot tub?

Red
11-10-2005, 10:35 AM
I don't know if your program is two tier or not, but it should be.

Bigsister
11-10-2005, 05:24 PM
Contract someone who wants to grow with your company. Depending on the quality of your site and the solidity of your program, you can probably get someone to take on this kind of thing. The methods mentioned above will work. But they take alot of time, and your time is probably better spent in other ways.

Thanks,
I Already did.

Bigsister
11-10-2005, 05:29 PM

By the way I am always open to constructive critics, and I listen to them very carefully.

With All Respect.

Carlos

Timon
11-11-2005, 12:11 AM
By the way I am always open to constructive critics, and I listen to them very carefully.

may I? :yowsa:

Due
11-11-2005, 04:10 AM
Here is my 2 cents.
1: Your default language for your webmaster program is CZ.
That scares the shit out of 90% of all US webmasters, They got no clue what it is and think it is a "new russian scam" :scratchin
Change that to default English, might be a good idea to completely remove it, or have CZ on one site and EN on another. Anything that a webmaster can't understand scares him.
2: Your membership cost €30 per month, I saw no USD pricing, most people form USA want pricing listed in USD since they dont know how much 1 euro is.
If you need to have pricing in Euro, show the aproximately cost for USD.
3: You pay only ~30% to webmasters, €10.50 from a €30 membership is not going to cut it. You are compeeting with programs that pay 50% -75% recurring. No matter how much more the webmaster will earn from using your program, they see it as low income, because other people pay higher % so they will make more.
4: You have some promotion videos, why not make some galleries that webmasters can link to directly with their ref code. The more work the webmasters need to do themself, the less webmasters will signup.
5: A webmaster referral program is ALWAYS good, if you wish to grow fast, you need sigwhores on the big boards, might not bring in instant webmasters but it is good branding for you name.
6: Are you from Prague?? Partying in Pragua is fucking amazing, throw some parties with your models and webmasters :clapping:

Trev
11-11-2005, 04:50 AM
Here is my 2 cents.
That scares the shit out of 90% of all US webmasters, They got no clue what it is and think it is a "new russian scam" :scratchin
Change that to default English, might be a good idea to completely remove it, or have CZ on one site and EN on another. Anything that a webmaster can't understand scares him.
2: Your membership cost €30 per month, I saw no USD pricing, most people form USA want pricing listed in USD since they dont know how much 1 euro is.
3: You pay only ~30% to webmasters, €10.50 from a €30 membership is not going to cut it. You are compeeting with programs that pay 50% -75% recurring. No matter how much more the webmaster will earn from using your program, they see it as low income, because other people pay higher % so they will make more.
4: You have some promotion videos, why not make some galleries that webmasters can link to directly with their ref code. The more work the webmasters need to do themself, the less webmasters will signup.
5: A webmaster referral program is ALWAYS good, if you wish to grow fast, you need sigwhores on the big boards, might not bring in instant webmasters but it is good branding for you name.
6: Are you from Prague?? Partying in Pragua is fucking amazing, throw some parties with your models and webmasters :clapping:
:yeahthat0 :okthumb:

Dravyk
11-11-2005, 05:16 AM
Only for the penguins. The whales have their own pool. :)

Bigsister
11-11-2005, 12:51 PM
Here is my 2 cents.

1. Thanks, I thought about it too, even I am scared when I see a czech site, I was assured that this works internationally but I didn't tried it from the foreign IP, good point
2. This is another thing I aware of, I can't give away too much but there will be a the whole new and a very comfortable system for US soon.
3. Another good point, actually this is with all the processing cost included it was concipated as 40 pct. but as I noticed the big affiliate providers offer the 50 pct. standard
4. It's already about 30 galleries made, just need to register them and upload to the servers
5. This is what I am trying to do at the time, with more or less success, I must say I didn't tried to contact anyone to do this for us so I admit I don't know the ussual terms
6. Every webmaster is welcomed in our club and restaurant - www.eroticrestaurant.com (http://www.eroticrestaurant.com)

Timon
11-11-2005, 01:07 PM
6. Every webmaster is welcomed in our club and restaurant - www.eroticrestaurant.com (http://www.eroticrestaurant.com)

I'll be in Prague July '06. Are you going to cook a special meal for me? :p

Bigsister
11-12-2005, 06:47 AM
I'll be in Prague July '06. Are you going to cook a special meal for me? :p

Just tell us, what you will like and we will add something extra ourselves;) .

Timon
11-12-2005, 07:02 AM
I'm easy to please, a few pitchers of Pilsener Urquell and a comfortable chair and I'm good :p

Bigsister
11-12-2005, 08:09 AM
I'm easy to please, a few pitchers of Pilsener Urquell and a comfortable chair and I'm good :p

and a tasty meal plus a few girls ...