PDA

View Full Version : EpassPorte Incompetence

Lisa
11-07-2005, 06:05 AM
Before I rant, let me first say that I have always been extremely happy with Epassporte. Their system works just fine for me, and I've never ever had a problem, never needed to call support...until last week.

My card (the real one...well real plastic anyway), expired 10/05. Come November 4, my new card hadn't yet arrived, so I rang support to find out what was up.

The gentleman informed me that my new card had been mailed to me the previous Monday, October 31...the very day my existing card expired!

So today, a week later, still no card, so I'm unable to access funds. Bearing in mind that I am in Australia, it could take yet another week for the card to arrive, perhaps longer.

No bank that I have EVER been involved with mails out replacement cards on the day an existing card expires. That to me is just outrageous. Support informed me that cards are mailed out Mondays and Fridays...fair enough, but for fucks sake guys, mail them out a month prior to expiry.

Rand, if you read this, this is something that HAS to be addressed on an administrative level...it's just not good enough.

Keyser Soze
11-07-2005, 07:02 AM
Before I rant, let me first say that I have always been extremely happy with Epassporte. Their system works just fine for me, and I've never ever had a problem, never needed to call support...until last week.

My card (the real one...well real plastic anyway), expired 10/05. Come November 4, my new card hadn't yet arrived, so I rang support to find out what was up.

The gentleman informed me that my new card had been mailed to me the previous Monday, October 31...the very day my existing card expired!

So today, a week later, still no card, so I'm unable to access funds. Bearing in mind that I am in Australia, it could take yet another week for the card to arrive, perhaps longer.

No bank that I have EVER been involved with mails out replacement cards on the day an existing card expires. That to me is just outrageous. Support informed me that cards are mailed out Mondays and Fridays...fair enough, but for fucks sake guys, mail them out a month prior to expiry.

Rand, if you read this, this is something that HAS to be addressed on an administrative level...it's just not good enough.

I remember reading something about having the old card extended for a month or so. Not sure about this but try contacting support about it.

I'll pass this thread along to ePassporte :)

pam
11-07-2005, 07:09 AM
Unfortunately, Rand is no longer with ePassporte, he works for Paycom now. While his replacement is new and learning the ropes and trying, there was no one like Rand.

And, I had a similar situation with my card expiring. I called ePassporte and they extended the expiration date on the card by a few weeks to cover me.

This is why having a backup account is a good thing (tm).

Lisa
11-07-2005, 07:19 AM
I actually queried the extension of the existing card when I called them. They guy told me there was nothing they could do.

Whether there is, and he didn't know about it, in which case, that is ANOTHER issue that needs to be addressed.

Sad to hear that Rand has gone...he was good. Do we have anyone poking their noses in on the boards re EPP stuff these days?

Peaches
11-07-2005, 07:20 AM
Try Shaliza - she's awesome. Shaliza@epassporte.com (I think)

Lisa
11-07-2005, 07:22 AM
Thanks muchly Peaches! :)

Keyser Soze
11-07-2005, 07:24 AM
Try Shaliza - she's awesome. Shaliza@epassporte.com (I think)

Its Shaliza.Somani at ePassporte.com :)

She is not in the office for the next period of time but I mailed her this thread anyways since she is checking her mail.
If you mail her you will get an automated reply with an alternative email to another rep.

Lisa
11-07-2005, 07:26 AM
Keyzer, thanks. I won't mail her, given that you already have. No point in bombarding the poor woman.

Keyser Soze
11-07-2005, 07:28 AM
Keyzer, thanks. I won't mail her, given that you already have. No point in bombarding the poor woman.

I would do it anyways and include your account number maybe she can help you with an extension ;)

selena
11-07-2005, 08:21 AM

You are a better person than me. I fully believe in the bombard-the-hell-out-of- them-until-I get-what-I-want tactic.

Red
11-07-2005, 10:12 AM
Hey there Keyser. Nice to see you around these parts. :waving:

Keyser Soze
11-07-2005, 10:20 AM
Hey there Keyser. Nice to see you around these parts. :waving:

:waving:
I try to get around :D

Nickatilynx
11-07-2005, 11:07 AM
You are a better person than me. I fully believe in the bombard-the-hell-out-of- them-until-I get-what-I-want tactic.

ahhhh the heart of a spammer....

;-)))

selena
11-07-2005, 11:11 AM

;-)))

Awwww, that made me feel warm and fuzzy inside. :)

Inabon
11-07-2005, 11:56 AM

;-)))

no man thats the heart of a bitch :) no offense but my wife is just the same (same name too LOL)

TheEnforcer
11-07-2005, 11:58 AM
That is a pain in the ass. Hope you get it worked out Lisa.

BTW- you're sexy when you are angry!! ;>))

rand
11-07-2005, 12:04 PM
Peaches! Pam! Keyser! Where's the party? ;-)

Hey guys, thanks for the good words.

I can't speak officially for eP anymore, but I will say that they have been going through a transition on many levels. I believe that in the coming weeks you'll see improvements to their services. I still have my eP account. I continue to use it and have every faith in the product and it's team.

Lisa, I'm not certain of Shaliza's schedule, but if you use any IM programs, you could try reaching her when she's back online. Her contact info is:
AIM: shaliza777
Yahoo: jane_prie
Email: shaliza.somani at ePassporte dot com

Keyser, one word. Amazing.

Keyser Soze
11-07-2005, 12:27 PM
Peaches! Pam! Keyser! Where's the party? ;-)

Hey guys, thanks for the good words.

I can't speak officially for eP anymore, but I will say that they have been going through a transition on many levels. I believe that in the coming weeks you'll see improvements to their services. I still have my eP account. I continue to use it and have every faith in the product and it's team.

Lisa, I'm not certain of Shaliza's schedule, but if you use any IM programs, you could try reaching her when she's back online. Her contact info is:
AIM: shaliza777
Yahoo: jane_prie
Email: shaliza.somani at ePassporte dot com

Keyser, one word. Amazing.

I do my best. :blush:

I heard better times are ahead and I am confident that we will see a some great improvements :)

Dravyk
11-07-2005, 12:58 PM
No bank that I have EVER been involved with mails out replacement cards on the day an existing card expires. That to me is just outrageous.Overall, I think ePassporte is great. But ...

Agreed, that is totally moronic and outrageous!! http://oprano.com/msgboard/images/smilies/dry.gif

selena
11-07-2005, 01:25 PM
no man thats the heart of a bitch :) no offense but my wife is just the same (same name too LOL)

Can I please be a bitch with the heart of a spammer then?

It makes me feel all glowy when I get called that.

shaliza777
11-07-2005, 09:26 PM
Hi Lisa

Keyser sent me this thread so I will look into your account. Please email me your username. My email address is shaliza.somani at epassporte.com.

I was not aware of this problem and I thank you for bringing it to my attention. I will see that we find a solution to ensure this does not happen to our customers again.

Thanks
shaliza

Lisa
11-07-2005, 09:32 PM
Hiya Shaliza,

Thanks for responding. I just spoke to a customer service rep again and he tells me there is NOTHING that can be done...but perhaps that just means that there is nothing that he, or his supervisor, is aware that can be done.

Mailing you now. :)

Matt, :p

pam
11-08-2005, 09:54 AM
Rand, you are missed :-)

Lisa, I'm trying to remember my situation, but I know I tried to use my card at the ATM and it wasn't valid, so I called and they said they had issued a new card but I hadn't gotten it, so they would extend my current card another month I believe.

Again, get a backup card with a different expiration date. It's worth the $35 a year to be safe and sure!

Dravyk
11-08-2005, 01:56 PM
So what's the upshot here?

Lisa
11-09-2005, 07:52 AM
Well, the situation has resolved itself, because my new card arrived today, 9 days after the original expired.

I emailed Shaliza yesterday, she responded that she would look into it later, as it was 4am (and fair enough too).

However some 30 odd hours later, I haven't heard from her. I mailed her a few hours ago to let her know the new card was here.

So, while the situation is resolved, and the response from the 'webside' of EPP has been good, the twin issues of a: replacement cards being mailed out on the day existing cards expire and b: customer support reps being unaware of, and unable to, extend the expiration of existing cards, still need to be addressed on an administrative level, by someone with the power to effect changes.

shaliza777
11-10-2005, 10:19 PM
Hello

Here is the update on how the card renewals work.

Cards expire on the last day of the month. Meaning, if your expiry date is October 2005, the card will expire on October 31st, 2005.

We will check your account two weeks before the month your card expires. If the funds are available, we will renew the card and deduct the renewal fee. At this time, when we issue a new card, the system might deactivate the pin on your expiring card. If you log in to your account and click on account and modify pin, you can re-enter in your pin number and the card should work again until the end of the month. This is a glitch with our processor and we are working to correct this problem.

The renewal card should arrive within 2 weeks which gives you another two weeks to use the card that is expiring.

I hope this makes sense and I apologize for not getting back to you sooner.

Thanks
Shaliza

Dravyk
11-11-2005, 02:25 AM
The renewal card should arrive within 2 weeks which gives you another two weeks to use the card that is expiring.Hello, Lisa lives in Australia. Two weeks? It took 10 days for the card to get to her ... nine days AFTER expiration.

You're an alleged "international" company. How does a) two weeks mean anything if it takes that long to get there??? b) how does that give someone two weeks more to use the card? c) it got their nine days AFTER expiration ... again how do you get plus-2 weeks from minus-9 days?

What you say, does not in any ways at all answer the facts in the thread you just posted in. Is it too much to ask for a non-canned answer that actually addresses what was said in here? I don't think so.

PS -- What's with the snail-like five days plus response time?

Dravyk
11-11-2005, 11:27 PM
* bump *

Send in the clowns! :clown: