PDA

View Full Version : My mainstream site is up and running

Red
11-05-2005, 08:19 PM
I'm so proud of me.
This took me so long to finally finish, but finish I did AND have passed the "learn PHP by trial and error" classes.

I need to thank Elite Hosters for all their help and thank you to Morgan for being my first customer. :kiss:

So here it is. Tell me what you think.
please be kind, I'm delicate.

www.treasurebox-collectables.com

MorganGrayson
11-05-2005, 08:27 PM
Congrats, Red! :clapping:

As I have more than demonstrated, I adore the site!! My shelf is waiting for the new additions to my collection. I can't wait to give the new mom next door the "curl box" for her baby! :okthumb:

And like MacArthur, I shall return.... :yowsa:

domtheboy
11-05-2005, 08:33 PM
Congratulations Red, having started to build a site myself (and having still not finished it - doh !) I'm well aware of how much work is involved. Kudos to you for gettin' it done ;)

Red
11-05-2005, 08:34 PM
Thanks Morgan.
Did you notice I added the 'bookmark this site' to the main page?

Red
11-05-2005, 08:37 PM
Congratulations Red, having started to build a site myself (and having still not finished it - doh !) I'm well aware of how much work is involved. Kudos to you for gettin' it done ;)

Thanks Dom.
I would have had it up sooner if I didn't have to learn PHP as I went along, but I now understand the concept of it and I can edit it without screwing everything up. ;)

domtheboy
11-05-2005, 08:44 PM
Thanks Dom.
I would have had it up sooner if I didn't have to learn PHP as I went along, but I now understand the concept of it and I can edit it without screwing everything up. ;)

And learning PHP into the bargain ? You don't do things by halves :yowsa:

I'm just chuckling to myself actually - that post about the bookmark feature ? I pinched mine of one of Trev's sites but made an arse job of it, and I had to tell him about it so he could show me what I did wrong, hehehehe :(

MorganGrayson
11-05-2005, 08:53 PM
Thanks Morgan.
Did you notice I added the 'bookmark this site' to the main page?

Sure did! :okthumb:

I'm doing the old "Shake and Bake" commercial, complete with tiny Southern accent. "...and I hepped!" :)

Steady
11-05-2005, 09:00 PM
Damn...I thought I would be the first, but Morgan got there first. :)

I bought the Sweethearts...My daughter will love it. :) :)

Congrats Red...Best of luck and much success. :clapping:

Red
11-05-2005, 09:05 PM
Sure did! :okthumb:

I'm doing the old "Shake and Bake" commercial, complete with tiny Southern accent. "...and I hepped!" :)

Yes you did. :)
I also added a favorites icon, but I don't think it's working in IE.
Doing great in firefox though.

Red
11-05-2005, 09:06 PM
Damn...I thought I would be the first, but Morgan got there first. :)

I bought the Sweethearts...My daughter will love it. :) :)

Congrats Red...Best of luck and much success. :clapping:

Thanks Steady. I appreciate the business and the good wishes. :)

Dravyk
11-05-2005, 09:47 PM
WTG, Red! :lillpeppe

Ah and OSCommerce, excellent choice! :okthumb:

Red
11-05-2005, 10:02 PM
WTG, Red! :lillpeppe

Ah and OSCommerce, excellent choice! :okthumb:

Thanks Dravyk. OSCommerce has been a learning experience, but I'm very happy with it.

voodooman
11-05-2005, 10:57 PM
Congrats Red, Looks good!!!

BTW, heres a nickle. :yowsa:

Red
11-05-2005, 11:05 PM
Congrats Red, Looks good!!!

BTW, heres a nickle. :yowsa:

;) naughty boy.

Nickatilynx
11-06-2005, 12:29 PM
Very nice job! :)

MorganGrayson
11-06-2005, 01:57 PM
I bought the set of four kitten boxes first. One each for two of my daughters for their birthdays, and two for me. They have a lot of friends coming to keep them coming.

I adore boxes, but one never gives an empty box as a gift. Sometimes attempting to find something to put in a tiny box has driven me deeper into insanity. These boxes *come* with items already in them! :clapping:

Queen Bitch
11-06-2005, 02:00 PM
I'm jealous Red, my off-ebay store has been partially done for months.

Maybe if I ever get back home..I've been clicking my ruby slippers together for days now and I'm still in Texas!

MorganGrayson
11-06-2005, 03:22 PM

Maybe if I ever get back home..I've been clicking my ruby slippers together for days now and I'm still in Texas!

I think the only thing that gets you out of Texas is either the mass consumption of brown liquor, in which case you no longer give a shit; or jumping into the car - with or without hysterical screams - and just flooring it.

Get a move on, Tude. I've shopped with this woman. I've seen her snap. Trust me, it ain't pretty. John Carpenter never even dreamed the horrors that happen when QB snaps.

Red
11-06-2005, 04:34 PM

Don't get too jealous QB. When I start selling these on ebay, I'll be needing advice.

Red
11-06-2005, 04:35 PM
Very nice job! :)

Thanks Nick. :)

MorganGrayson
11-09-2005, 04:33 PM
My second shipment arrived today! :clapping:

I am so very thrilled with the boxes. They are gorgeous. My collection has eight pieces so far. I have another shipment on the way. One box for me, one for my neighbor with the new baby. I've promised myself I won't go beserk and shop again until the ones I've already ordered arrive. (Your Mom is a fast shipper, so it will be soon!) :okthumb:

Keep your PHP ya-yas ready! I'm going to start on *my* mainstream site very soon! :)

Red
11-09-2005, 04:43 PM
My second shipment arrived today! :clapping:

I am so very thrilled with the boxes. They are gorgeous. My collection has eight pieces so far. I have another shipment on the way. One box for me, one for my neighbor with the new baby. I've promised myself I won't go beserk and shop again until the ones I've already ordered arrive. (Your Mom is a fast shipper, so it will be soon!) :okthumb:

Keep your PHP ya-yas ready! I'm going to start on *my* mainstream site very soon! :)

My mom isn't the fast shipper. I am. We're in season right now so she's busy with tourists. (don't forget she has all kinds of gifts in her store.) I go into the store and take care of the online orders. Your other shipment went out on Monday. :)

MorganGrayson
11-09-2005, 05:03 PM
My mom isn't the fast shipper. I am. We're in season right now so she's busy with tourists. (don't forget she has all kinds of gifts in her store.) I go into the store and take care of the online orders. Your other shipment went out on Monday. :)

Yay!! (And thank you for being a fast shipper!) :clapping:

That's right, I keep forgetting you're getting the "snowbirds" now.

Red
11-09-2005, 05:09 PM
Yay!! (And thank you for being a fast shipper!) :clapping:

You're welcome. I do my best. :)

Newton
11-09-2005, 07:06 PM
Excellent Red and very nice indeed :)