PDA

View Full Version : Do you have any vinyl records?

Evil Chris
11-02-2005, 03:56 PM
I have a box full of albums in my basement. Most of which were purchased in the late 70s and 80s.
Strange thing is, I also have a brand new, factory sealed Dual turntable. I bought it just before my tour with Nato so I left it in storage. By the time I got back 4 years later, CDs had taken over.

I wonder if I'll ever play those albums again. :scratchin

Dravyk
11-02-2005, 04:00 PM
A bunch. In the garage.

My question isn't will I play them ever again, but will they ever play again? :(

Funbrunette
11-02-2005, 04:00 PM
How old are you Evil Chris? :waving: LMAO!!!!

Grump
11-02-2005, 04:02 PM
I counted once when I was moving, over 3,000 LPs and 12" singles and over 5,000 45s.

TheEnforcer
11-02-2005, 04:07 PM
I don't but a friend of my sisters has a 20x20 room that is wall to wall nothing but vinyl albums. :blink: :huh:

TheEnforcer
11-02-2005, 04:08 PM
I counted once when I was moving, over 3,000 LPs and 12" singles and over 5,000 45s.

That's nuts too. :o

Jace
11-02-2005, 04:12 PM
I have over 5,000 records, and I buy at least 5-10 new ones each week...

Peaches
11-02-2005, 04:12 PM
I had a huge box of them and some real classics from the 50's and 60's I inherited when a cousin passed away. But being the dumb kid I was, I put them in an attic in the early 80's. Not something you want to do in the summer heat of ATL :(

Jace
11-02-2005, 04:15 PM
I had a huge box of them and some real classics from the 50's and 60's I inherited when a cousin passed away. But being the dumb kid I was, I put them in an attic in the early 80's. Not something you want to do in the summer heat of ATL :(
i made that mistake this past summer (again), i had about 50 records in a crate...and after a long night out djing at a club i decided I didn't need to bring them in cause I was tired....i woke the next morning, went to my truck, and had a bunch of wobbly frisbees

MorganGrayson
11-02-2005, 04:50 PM
Ouch on the "heat" stories.

I still have a couple of boxes of LPs. I have nothing to play them on and replaced a lot of them with the CDs (after replacing some of them with cassettes during that annoying interim) but I can't bring myself to make the final heave ho.

I should probably sit down with them and make a list of the ones I don't have on CD and would love to have.

Jace
11-02-2005, 05:02 PM

I still have a couple of boxes of LPs. I have nothing to play them on and replaced a lot of them with the CDs (after replacing some of them with cassettes during that annoying interim) but I can't bring myself to make the final heave ho.

I should probably sit down with them and make a list of the ones I don't have on CD and would love to have.

well, if you ever decide that you don't have the heart to throw them out, but want them to a good home....i will pay for shipping and take them off your hands...you can ship media mail pretty cheap, i think i did 200 records for $30 or so

hehe, just a thought

and that goes for anyone else that has old records....

;)

SykkBoy
11-02-2005, 05:44 PM

EBAY! :)

Evil Chris
11-02-2005, 05:44 PM
I had a huge box of them and some real classics from the 50's and 60's I inherited when a cousin passed away. But being the dumb kid I was, I put them in an attic in the early 80's. Not something you want to do in the summer heat of ATL :(So are they completely ruined? If the heat is dry, they should be ok.

When I was a kid, we lost a box of lps due to humidity.

MorganGrayson
11-02-2005, 06:04 PM
well, if you ever decide that you don't have the heart to throw them out, but want them to a good home....i will pay for shipping and take them off your hands...you can ship media mail pretty cheap, i think i did 200 records for $30 or so

hehe, just a thought

and that goes for anyone else that has old records....

;)

You know, that *is* a thought. I hope I have things that you'd like. I'll go through them with my husband and make a list. Honestly, I'd much rather they went to a good home. :)

Some things become old friends....

MorganGrayson
11-02-2005, 06:06 PM
EBAY! :)

Ebay and I are old friends. :) I recently went on a dvd buying binge. I found a really cool store that gave breaks on the shipping and got just a tad carried away.

Red
11-02-2005, 06:07 PM
I had a ton of albums from the 60's & 70's. My ex husband kept them along with everything else.

MorganGrayson
11-02-2005, 06:10 PM
I had a ton of albums from the 60's & 70's. My ex husband kept them along with everything else.

My husband is still irked that his mother threw out his baseball cards and comic books.

Jace
11-02-2005, 06:40 PM
You know, that *is* a thought. I hope I have things that you'd like. I'll go through them with my husband and make a list. Honestly, I'd much rather they went to a good home. :)

Some things become old friends....

i pretty much love everything but classical and new style country

i love everything from old country western to punk, from disco to bluegrass

let me know, if you actually want to sell them, i would be up for a bulk sale for sure, those are the best things in the world! haha

sarettah
11-02-2005, 07:06 PM
i made that mistake this past summer (again), i had about 50 records in a crate...and after a long night out djing at a club i decided I didn't need to bring them in cause I was tired....i woke the next morning, went to my truck, and had a bunch of wobbly frisbees

You can iron them, ya know ? :blink:

sarettah
11-02-2005, 07:08 PM
I have a couple of thousand LPs on Vinyl and a working turntable and I use both :)

Used to have a shitload more albums but the Navy managed to lose them in the final move back home. :(

Zeina-Heart
11-02-2005, 07:21 PM
I have a box full of albums in my basement. Most of which were purchased in the late 70s and 80s.
Strange thing is, I also have a brand new, factory sealed Dual turntable. I bought it just before my tour with Nato so I left it in storage. By the time I got back 4 years later, CDs had taken over.

I wonder if I'll ever play those albums again. :scratchin
if you dont want them anymore... EBAY will

Jace
11-02-2005, 08:30 PM
You can iron them, ya know ? :blink:
actually, i prefer the microwave...but yeah, they are all flat now

Dale_Ryan
11-03-2005, 06:45 AM
i pretty much love everything but classical and new style country

i love everything from old country western to punk, from disco to bluegrass

let me know, if you actually want to sell them, i would be up for a bulk sale for sure, those are the best things in the world! haha

Well Dad and I both love 70s and 80s music.

Evil Chris
11-03-2005, 08:51 AM
My husband is still irked that his mother threw out his baseball cards and comic books.Oh that sucks, and I've heard many similar stories over the years.

Thankfully my Mom kept all of mine and I have them now. Mostly hockey cards from the 60s.

Peaches
11-03-2005, 09:46 AM
So are they completely ruined? If the heat is dry, they should be ok.

When I was a kid, we lost a box of lps due to humidity.
There is no such thing as dry heat in ATL ;) They were so warped they were virtually melted. This was also 20 or so years ago. They are long gone by now :( Great albums too - all the Beatles, Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones, The Who, etc.

Queen Bitch
11-03-2005, 10:43 AM
I know of a couple of powersellers that make a living selling vinyl. If you decide you want to sell them, Morg, gimme a shout.