PDA

View Full Version : Ugh.. starting to get sick...

TheEnforcer
11-02-2005, 03:50 PM
I love fall but every year without fail I get miserable sick for several days and I can feel it creeping in. Got some stuff called Zicam that my sister swears by that fights off colds and such. It's nasty as all hell to taste though and medicine almost never bothers me.

If any of you have any homemade remidies I'm open to them....

Funbrunette
11-02-2005, 03:51 PM
I love fall but every year without fail I get miserable sick for several days and I can feel it creeping in. Got some stuff called Zicam that my sister swears by that fights off colds and such. It's nasty as all hell to taste though and medicine almost never bothers me.

I'll make you some home made chicken soup! :okthumb:

Dravyk
11-02-2005, 03:54 PM
You have allergies. Zicam nasal spray with Claritan.

A nightly chaser of NyQuil will help too.

That's for over-the-counter. For prescription, ask the doc for Allegra-D and (the names slip my mind now, there's two of them) a better nasal spray.

TheEnforcer
11-02-2005, 04:05 PM
This Zicam stuff is nasty. I'm using the oral mist product. Maybe I'll check into the nasal version....

WEGRuth
11-02-2005, 04:07 PM
my hubby has a bad stomach flu right now - and my daughter just came home from school after puking a few times this morning.. I'm trying my best to stay locked away from them cos I HATE getting sick!

Funbrunette
11-02-2005, 04:08 PM
my hubby has a bad stomach flu right now - and my daughter just came home from school after puking a few times this morning.. I'm trying my best to stay locked away from them cos I HATE getting sick!

Oh no!!! Usually Vancouver gets it and then we do! :( I'm going to be prepared for this one....lol :okthumb:

Peaches
11-02-2005, 04:09 PM
Damn, I've not seen this many people write they were getting sick since after the major shows :( You all stay away from me!!

TheEnforcer
11-02-2005, 04:21 PM
Damn, I've not seen this many people write they were getting sick since after the major shows :( You all stay away from me!!

Lets have sex! ;)

Peaches
11-02-2005, 04:25 PM
Lets have sex! ;)
I would, if only you weren't so sick ;)

Funbrunette
11-02-2005, 04:38 PM

Come give me a HUG!!!!! :fanning:

Dravyk
11-02-2005, 04:51 PM
Come give me a HUG!!!!! http://oprano.com/msgboard/images/smilies/fanning.gifOr better yet -- tounge. http://oprano.com/msgboard/images/smilies/bleh01.gif

TheEnforcer
11-02-2005, 06:16 PM
I would, if only you weren't so sick ;)

DAMN!! :(

Red
11-02-2005, 06:20 PM
Start taking one gram of vitamin C every hour for the first day when you feel it setting in. After that take a gram a day.

The overload on C the first day will keep you close to the bathroom for a day, but it will cleanse your system help fight off the cold.

As far as over the counter stuff, thera-flu at night helps relieve symptoms.

Zeina-Heart
11-02-2005, 07:25 PM

you should take lots and lots of vitamins.. specialy Zinc.. makes you resist colds

Steady
11-02-2005, 08:33 PM

I've got something for you Bro.

1 shot of Tequila (100% Agave if possible)
1/2 A lemon or lime
1 table spoon of pure honey

Squeeze the lemon or lime in a glass, add the Tequila and honey
and stir...Bottoms up! :stout:

Dr Steady's homemade elixir...(he-licks-her)

Dale_Ryan
11-03-2005, 06:42 AM

I am not feeling well lately as well, and already took paracetamol just incase.

TheEnforcer
11-03-2005, 07:25 PM
Getting worse and nothing is helping :>(((

Dravyk
11-03-2005, 08:21 PM
Getting worse and nothing is helping :>(((
Anthony has guns .... :unsure:

Newton
11-03-2005, 08:42 PM
Chicken Vindaloo and spice it up, work through the flu and dont let it win ;)

TheEnforcer
11-03-2005, 08:56 PM
Oh, I'll keep plugging along...