PDA

View Full Version : I'm so sleep deprived!

Funbrunette
11-02-2005, 07:39 AM
:( I'm going on my 5th night of MAJOR insomnia...Just as I was finally nodding off at 3:00AM our son woke up crying! I picked him up and brought him back to bed with me (I had already kicked Chris out for snoring!) so I spent all morning watching my little angel sleep!

But I'm so tired I just feel like crying! :huh: Any suggestions?

I tried, warm milk, Tisane, SEX, music....I'm desperate!

selena
11-02-2005, 07:57 AM
No suggestions, hon, but I can empathize. It wouldn't be bad, if I was able to be productive all those awake hours. But I just drag through most of them, feeling like crap because I am too tired.

Hope it gets better for you. ~hugs~

Red
11-02-2005, 10:46 AM
Oh you have my sympathy. I go through terrible bouts of insommnia.
I found that taking 2 Benadryl's knock me out.

Dravyk
11-02-2005, 11:56 AM
Holy shit! You tried sex! You really were desperate!! :1run:

Ok, seriously ... Turkey sandwich (triptophan), chamomile tea, watch a very boring documentary with a monotoned narrator always does it for me. Something from the Discovery Channel like "Behind the Scenes of Making Lightbulbs" or the Food Network with "Inside the Beef Jerky Factory".

MorganGrayson
11-02-2005, 12:32 PM
FB...see a doctor. At the point you're at, you're going to be seeing imaginary people soon.

Grump
11-02-2005, 12:51 PM
A book, TV or Music, whichever will occupy your mind so that you don't lay there stressing over not sleeping. Relaxing is the first step towards sleeping and thinking about how you haven't slept is the worst thing you can do.
Good luck.

Dravyk
11-02-2005, 01:37 PM
FB...see a doctor. At the point you're at, you're going to be seeing imaginary people soon.You know, I always thought Evil Chris was too good to be true! :yowsa:

MorganGrayson
11-02-2005, 01:39 PM
You know, I always thought Evil Chris was too good to be true! :yowsa:

Now I'm really pissed. I've had sleep deprivation induced psychosis and all I got was shadowy figures and big spiders. I never got a Chris. :hmm:

Funbrunette
11-02-2005, 02:01 PM
Now I'm really pissed. I've had sleep deprivation induced psychosis and all I got was shadowy figures and big spiders. I never got a Chris. :hmm:

ROFL!!!!!! I would trade him for sleep right now! :rolleyes: (Hope he doesn't see this....lol)

MorganGrayson
11-02-2005, 02:17 PM
ROFL!!!!!! I would trade him for sleep right now! :rolleyes: (Hope he doesn't see this....lol)

:bustingup

I know how you feel. My beloved sleeps like a rock. He literally starts to snore the second his head hits the pillow...and frequently jumps the gun and falls asleep while watching television. (Considering we watch television while sitting at the kitchen table, he falls asleep while sitting up, a pretty impressive feat.)

Now, I know I snore, too. However, my snoring doesn't disturb him in the slightest. (Neither do earthquakes or the cats knocking down breakable objects.) In fact, the only two things known to disturb his slumber were a crying baby and the smoke alarm.

Few things in this life are as horrific as lying in the dark, alternating staring at the ceiling with checking the clock...with THAT NOISE in my ear. Sometimes the only thing that comforts me is the hallucination that I'm going to wake up in Victorian England and have separate bedrooms. Losing it totally and applying elbow to rib cage has also been comforting. :)

voodooman
11-02-2005, 02:18 PM
I alternate between Ambien (works better but addictive) and Lunesta (works well but leaves horrible taste in your mouth for about 6 hours after waking up).

But, the side effects are just a trade off IMO.

Also, don't know if you like to take meds or not but if you get Ambien
and the doc gives you 10mg pills, break them in half since 5 is enough, then you get double the nights sleep for less $. :okthumb:

MorganGrayson
11-02-2005, 02:26 PM
I alternate between Ambien (works better but addictive) and Lunesta (works well but leaves horrible taste in your mouth for about 6 hours after waking up).

and the doc gives you 10mg pills, break them in half since 5 is enough, then you get double the nights sleep for less $. :okthumb:

That's excellent advice, VD. :okthumb: Until you know how any drug like that (sleeping pills, pain killers, etc.) will effect you, breaking them in half is always a good idea from both a medical and a monetary standpoint.

Sleeping pills, like all meds, are very personal, though. Ambien does nothing to me except ruin my motor control. I'd lay there for hours, not sleeping, then get up to go do something and bounce off a few walls along the way. I was on another sleeping pill that also did nothing for me. I have one of those types of insomnia that remains unimpressed with sleeping pills. I did find that pushing myself physically past all sanity during the day with housework - anything physical will work - made me drop over like a log at night. As exhausting as computer work actually is, it doesn't have the same effect. In fact, I've had my head hit the pillow and all I could think about was either the day working at the computer that I'd just had, or the day working at the computer that I'd have tomorrow.

Funbrunette
11-02-2005, 03:01 PM

I know how you feel. My beloved sleeps like a rock. He literally starts to snore the second his head hits the pillow...and frequently jumps the gun and falls asleep while watching television. (Considering we watch television while sitting at the kitchen table, he falls asleep while sitting up, a pretty impressive feat.)

Now, I know I snore, too. However, my snoring doesn't disturb him in the slightest. (Neither do earthquakes or the cats knocking down breakable objects.) In fact, the only two things known to disturb his slumber were a crying baby and the smoke alarm.

Few things in this life are as horrific as lying in the dark, alternating staring at the ceiling with checking the clock...with THAT NOISE in my ear. Sometimes the only thing that comforts me is the hallucination that I'm going to wake up in Victorian England and have separate bedrooms. Losing it totally and applying elbow to rib cage has also been comforting. :)

YES!!!!!!!!!!! Someone REALLY understands me! Morgan, that's EXACTLY how I feel! :(

MorganGrayson
11-02-2005, 03:07 PM
YES!!!!!!!!!!! Someone REALLY understands me! Morgan, that's EXACTLY how I feel! :(

I feel your pain. *hugs*
All you can do is mutter "he's a great husband and father, he's a great husband and father" like a mantra. Sometimes that helps. It prevents a felony, at least.

(I know he's a great husband and father. He'd be dead by now if he wasn't.) :)

Funbrunette
11-02-2005, 03:20 PM
I feel your pain. *hugs*
All you can do is mutter "he's a great husband and father, he's a great husband and father" like a mantra. Sometimes that helps. It prevents a felony, at least.

(I know he's a great husband and father. He'd be dead by now if he wasn't.) :)

He is amazing! :okthumb: Thank god....He would be in a body bag! ;) lol

Red
11-02-2005, 03:27 PM

Don't forget getting pissed at him because he's sleeping and you're not. Those are the times I'll cuddle up to Kevin and start rubbing his cock just to wake him, but nicely. I'm awake anyhow, so might as well have sex. Sometimes it works, but not always. What can you expect from a man who sleeps through earthquakes and hurricanes?

TheEnforcer
11-02-2005, 03:28 PM

I'm amazed you haven't traded him in already!! :whistling

Funbrunette
11-02-2005, 03:53 PM

Can't get it here in Canada! :(

Evil Chris
11-02-2005, 05:42 PM
I tried, warm milk, Tisane, SEX, music....I'm desperate!You tried sex? Where was I? :blink:

voodooman
11-02-2005, 05:44 PM
If you can't get it in Canada, only other thing I can say is
If Chris doesn't mind, you can have sex with ME. All the other girls seem to fall asleep just fine.

:o

Zeina-Heart
11-02-2005, 07:30 PM
:( I'm going on my 5th night of MAJOR insomnia...Just as I was finally nodding off at 3:00AM our son woke up crying! I picked him up and brought him back to bed with me (I had already kicked Chris out for snoring!) so I spent all morning watching my little angel sleep!

i was going to say milk but never mind that.. try to think of pitch black try not to think anything but black.. not the word.. just the color.. i used to not sleep a while back ago.. and i would just stop thinking and think about nothing but darkness and after a little while i would fall asleep
try it

Dravyk
11-02-2005, 07:45 PM
Must be my subconscious, but I'm starting to look at this thread and think it says "sleep depraved". :yowsa:

Dale_Ryan
11-03-2005, 06:48 AM

I don't think that's insomia FB; you are just on a graveyard shift.