PDA

View Full Version : Life Is Worth Losing ...

MikeW
11-01-2005, 02:27 PM
Carlin is back ... first live HBO special in 4 years. Can't wait to hear him unload:
http://www.hbo.com/events/gcarlin/?ntrack_para1=insidehbo1_text

TheEnforcer
11-01-2005, 02:43 PM
George Carlin is awesome!! He's got a great sense of humor.

Dravyk
11-01-2005, 03:10 PM
Hell, I've even been enjoying the commercials for it. :)

Can't wait to see it! :woohoo:

Winetalk.com
11-01-2005, 03:20 PM
Carlin is back ... first live HBO special in 4 years. Can't wait to hear him unload:
http://www.hbo.com/events/gcarlin/?ntrack_para1=insidehbo1_text

the way electricity is restored in Boca, we'll be watching it in your house
;)

justb
11-01-2005, 03:23 PM
right on, and it's this Saturday

MikeW
11-01-2005, 03:29 PM
the way electricity is restored in Boca, we'll be watching it in your house
;)

Hehehe don't count on it ... it went out last night at least 4 times. Plus my land phone line went out again last night and hasn't been on since. So if you've tried to call .. that explains it ;-)

Winetalk.com
11-01-2005, 03:33 PM
ok, ok,
you can come and watch with us,
Anthony is bringing generator and I am opening Chateau Haut Brion 1990...
;)

MikeW
11-01-2005, 03:47 PM
ok, ok,
you can come and watch with us,
Anthony is bringing generator and I am opening Chateau Haut Brion 1990...
;)

nice bottle!!
:wnw:

Red
11-01-2005, 03:48 PM
I love Carlin. I've seen him in concert 3 times and got to meet him backstage, in the shower actually.

Grump
11-01-2005, 07:33 PM
Red, is it rude of me to ask why you were showering backstage? :)

Dravyk
11-01-2005, 08:01 PM
I love Carlin. I've seen him in concert 3 times and got to meet him backstage, in the shower actually.Fess up, wench! :yowsa:

MikeW
11-01-2005, 10:26 PM
I love Carlin. I've seen him in concert 3 times and got to meet him backstage, in the shower actually.

Weird, I've seen him three times in concert as well ... but showering was not involved .. did I miss out or what? :blink:

Nickatilynx
11-01-2005, 10:57 PM
Red, is it rude of me to ask why you were showering backstage? :)

Ummm...

look ,we've been trying to tell her subtly for years.....

But
Other
Dudes
Yell

Out
Dumb
Offensive
Unkind
Remarks

like "Hey stinky , have a shower"

;-))))))

Red
11-01-2005, 11:26 PM
It was in 1973 and Carlin was doing a benefit concert for a group of prisoners called the Camden 28. I don't even remember what they were in jail for.

Anyway, the concert was held at the Cherry Hill Arena, which was an ice skating and hockey rink that they would cover with a floor for concerts.
When the show was over everyone who was on the "Free the Camden 28" commitee was invited to go backstage and meet him. Naturally I grabbed my 2 girlfriends and got in the back of the line. (I had a habit of sneaking backstage at concerts and plays and had a great collection of autographs)

The dressing room was the men's locker room and that's where everyone went. After he got done talking to the commitee group, my girlfriends and I stayed to talk with him. He leaned against the shower and it went on. So technically, I took a shower with George Carlin.

Red
11-01-2005, 11:29 PM
Ummm...

look ,we've been trying to tell her subtly for years.....

But
Other
Dudes
Yell

Out
Dumb
Offensive
Unkind
Remarks

like "Hey stinky , have a shower"

;-))))))

Oh, like eau de penguin is an alluring aroma? :)

Sin
11-01-2005, 11:37 PM
LOL Nice story Red! :D Did you grab the opportunity to suggest removal of clothing? :D

I love George Carlin...

Red
11-01-2005, 11:54 PM
LOL Nice story Red! :D Did you grab the opportunity to suggest removal of clothing? :D

I love George Carlin...

No, but I really wanted to. Not for anything kinky ;), but he had this great T-shirt that said Care To Tango. I wanted to offer to take it home and dry it for him, but I wasn't as bold at the tender age of 18.

Nickatilynx
11-02-2005, 01:11 AM
I only know 2 things about the Camden 28.

they were from ..ummm Camden and there was 28 of them.

But I googled them and it seems they were a loose association people passionately attempting to legalise sex with animals especially those of the bovine variety.

Quite interesting some the arguments ,actually...whether a horse has the right to say Nay ...stuff like that.

:)