PDA

View Full Version : We've Got Power!!!!!

Red
10-29-2005, 12:05 AM
Our power came back about half an hour ago. I'm so fucking happy. Now all we need is the cable and things will be back to normal. But at least I've got my computer back.

Life is good.

The neighborhood still looks like shit, but we can deal with that.

Osiris
10-29-2005, 12:07 AM
Welcome back!!!

Trev
10-29-2005, 05:55 AM
Welcome back Red, so with your cable being down you'll be on a... oh god no... on a... dial up :(

Newton
10-29-2005, 08:23 AM
Welcome back Red and Defiant ;)

Red
10-29-2005, 09:30 AM
Welcome back Red, so with your cable being down you'll be on a... oh god no... on a... dial up :(

No babe. The DSL came back when the phone did. But the cable came on this morning, so I'm completely connected again. I've got CNN on in the background, I'm catching up on email and what's going on in the world.
It's really terrible to feel so out of touch.

Trev
10-29-2005, 09:55 AM
No babe. The DSL came back when the phone did. But the cable came on this morning, so I'm completely connected again. I've got CNN on in the background, I'm catching up on email and what's going on in the world.
It's really terrible to feel so out of touch.
Thank god for that, I thought you'd been thrown right back in to the dark ages for a moment. :)

Grump
10-30-2005, 12:57 PM
We got power back on Thurs, phones and dsl today. Someday soon I hope to move towards civilization :)

Newton
10-30-2005, 01:07 PM
Good to hear Grump, welcome back :)

Red
10-30-2005, 01:10 PM
We got power back on Thurs, phones and dsl today. Someday soon I hope to move towards civilization :)

We're still getting there. They lifted the curfew last night and they finally pulled the tree out of the pool yesterday.

Trev
10-30-2005, 01:19 PM
They had ya'll on a curfew... is that a standard thing they do at times like this?

Grump
10-30-2005, 01:28 PM
Yes and it makes some sense as without streetlights or traffic lights and with all the debris everywhere it can be dangerous at night. Plus it allows them to try and catch looters as no one is supposed to be out and about.

Trev
10-30-2005, 01:37 PM
Yes and it makes some sense as without streetlights or traffic lights and with all the debris everywhere it can be dangerous at night. Plus it allows them to try and catch looters as no one is supposed to be out and about.
It does make sense. If the weather keeps getting worse and worse like it is , most of the US is going to forget what it's like to go out at night. :(

Dravyk
10-30-2005, 01:59 PM
It does make sense. If the weather keeps getting worse and worse like it is , most of the US is going to forget what it's like to go out at night. :(At least the crime here, compared to the UK, we actually can go out at night! :whistling

el pres
10-30-2005, 02:17 PM
You can go out in the UK at night, just get tooled up first..
Think of the wild west with rain and kebabs:okthumb:

Trev
10-30-2005, 02:28 PM
You can go out in the UK at night, just get tooled up first..
Think of the wild west with rain and kebabs:okthumb:
Exactly :okthumb:

Dravyk
10-30-2005, 02:50 PM
Reach for the skies! I have a Polish sausage here and I know how to use it! http://oprano.com/msgboard/images/smilies/ph34r.gif