PDA

View Full Version : Hello, everyone!

Defiant
10-27-2005, 08:03 PM
Red and I have been without phone or electricity since this hurricane hit us. We JUST got the phone back today, and I have my computer hooked up to a neighbor's generator. No idea how long this will last, but at least I am online for now. From what we are hearing (rather limited with no power and no news radio stations), it could be as long as November 30 before they get our power reconnected. Sounds bad... but just imagine how WE felt after hearing that! Then again, they always tell you that things will be done a lot later than it will actually take around here, so there really is no telling when things will get back to normal. Just wanted to let everyone know that we really are still alive out here, and hope to talk to everyone soon.

LadyMischief
10-27-2005, 08:26 PM
Glad to hear that you and the lovely Red are ok, Defiant :) It was a nailbiter that's for sure :)

sarettah
10-27-2005, 08:44 PM
Good to hear Defiant (not about the power..lol)

Send Red our Oprano love (is that an oxymoron?) an tell her we are thinking about her....

MorganGrayson
10-27-2005, 08:45 PM
Hi, Defiant! :waving:

Just got off the phone with Red. She sends hugs and kisses to everyone. :)

They're giving a "worst case scenario" of not getting power back until November 30th. I hope they're doing a "Star Trek Scotty" estimation on that.

Funbrunette
10-27-2005, 08:46 PM
Glad to hear :okthumb:

Steady
10-27-2005, 08:47 PM
Hope all get back to normal very soon. The important thing is guys are all-right.

Take care and God Bless!! :) :)

Red
10-27-2005, 08:59 PM
Hi kids.

I managed to get Defiant to let me on his machine for a few minutes.
Having no power is getting old really quick, but it could be worse. Half of Naples has no water, so at least we have that.
We've got the army, FEMA, the red cross disatster relief and the salvation army in town. It's just like a real disaster that you see on the news. :)

I don't know how long we can use the neighbor's generator. He's already got 4 families hooked up to it, just so everyone can have their refrigerators running, but I'll stop in whenever I can just to say hi and I miss everyone.

:kiss: to everyone.

Dale_Ryan
10-27-2005, 11:21 PM
Hi there man!

Newton
10-28-2005, 10:01 AM
Just so glad you guys are ok and happy you could get online to let everyone know :)

Osiris
10-28-2005, 02:40 PM
Glad to know you guys are doing ok. We'll try to call again today now that we know the phone is back on. It was weird because when we called the number before we got an answering machine lol

MorganGrayson
10-28-2005, 02:58 PM
Glad to know you guys are doing ok. We'll try to call again today now that we know the phone is back on. It was weird because when we called the number before we got an answering machine lol

Osiris...technically, what you got was "voice mail," which means that somewhere in the area there was a telephone company building with power that was fielding the calls. :)

And by the way, while we're talking, Osiris, be on the lookout for a package mailed to you yesterday containing your Oprano hat! :okthumb:

Dravyk
10-28-2005, 07:35 PM
Glad your back, Red, Defiant!