PDA

View Full Version : Do you use a Stats feed type program? (like Unififed Stats) ?

WEGRuth
10-27-2005, 05:08 PM
Just wondering how many webmasters are using these types of programs?

We've noticed quite a few of our webmasters using Unified Stats (http://www.unifiedstats.com) (it's completely free to use and provides its users with real-time stats feeds from a ton of programs), so we're wondering how many of you folks have switched (or are considering switching) to a Stats Feed program of this type?

Which one do you use? and what do you like about it?

Discuss!

TheEnforcer
10-27-2005, 05:27 PM
In all honesty I just wouldn't trust another third party with all of my info. Just one more possible thing that could go wrong. I'm sure I am in the minority on this one but hey.. you asked.. :>))

Trev
10-27-2005, 05:39 PM
I guess I'm old fashioned as well. I check out my sponsors all by myself. :)

domtheboy
10-27-2005, 05:43 PM
I use Unified Stats and have found it to be pretty good considering it is free.

Trev
10-27-2005, 05:46 PM
I use Unified Stats and have found it to be pretty good considering it is free.
How many sponsors do you have?

If we're talking 10+ then I can see it being a massive time saver.

domtheboy
10-27-2005, 05:53 PM
How many sponsors do you have?

If we're talking 10+ then I can see it being a massive time saver.

I have two that I actively promote, but then there are the sponsors that I use via Remote Thumbs, plus some others I have signed up for so we are talking about accouts with 16+ affiliate programs.

I've found it to be pretty decent, I'd recommend it to anyone considering giving it a try. What it is like in comparison to a paid service such as Stats Remote ? Unfortunately I have no idea, I'm too tight to stump up the fee to use it :yowsa:

Trev
10-27-2005, 05:59 PM
I have two that I actively promote, but then there are the sponsors that I use via Remote Thumbs, plus some others I have signed up for so we are talking about accouts with 16+ affiliate programs.

I've found it to be pretty decent, I'd recommend it to anyone considering giving it a try. What it is like in comparison to a paid service such as Stats Remote ? Unfortunately I have no idea, I'm too tight to stump up the fee to use it :yowsa:
A good point, 16+ is a lot to keep track of. I'm just not sure that I trust anything to know how much traffic and how many signups.

MorganGrayson
10-27-2005, 06:09 PM
I check them myself. I prefer it that way.

WEGRuth
10-27-2005, 06:11 PM
I guess I'm old fashioned as well. I check out my sponsors all by myself. :)

just out of curiosity, is that down to similar reasons as the Enforcer? Or do you prefer to use the sponsors cos you find it keeps you more 'in touch' with what they're doing when you login to get your stats?

domtheboy
10-27-2005, 06:12 PM
I use it because as webmasters go I'm still very much a newbie so my main concern is boosting up the amount of traffic I'm getting, so it is handy to keep an eye on.

Trev
10-27-2005, 06:14 PM
just out of curiosity, is that down to similar reasons as the Enforcer? Or do you prefer to use the sponsors cos you find it keeps you more 'in touch' with what they're doing when you login to get your stats?
It's two fold, I get to know that my numbers are only seen by my sponsor and myself, plus every sponsor I use have their announcements on the member page. So a little of both :)