PDA

View Full Version : George Best in intensive care!

Trev
10-27-2005, 05:06 AM
This won't mean much to the americans, but George Best is in intensive care after having an operation and he's got internal bleeding. :(

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2005/10/27/ubest.xml&sSheet=/portal/2005/10/27/ixportaltop.html

Winetalk.com
10-27-2005, 05:45 AM
if it was Bush instead of Best -
we'd know
;)

el pres
10-27-2005, 06:16 AM
He should have died years ago, he had a pretty good innings for the abuse he put his body through. Shame though, he was an amazing player.

Dale_Ryan
10-27-2005, 08:54 AM
I just hope he gets through with it. I still like that guy.

Trev
10-27-2005, 09:33 AM
Yep, years of alcohol abuse and a new liver later - he was still drinking like a fish... He was a footballer like no other, he could spend all night on the piss, then stroll out the next day and turn out a performance like no other on the pitch...

:(

Nickatilynx
10-27-2005, 11:18 AM
One of my claims to fame is I trained/played against him and Rodney Marsh when Fulham played an exhibition in...must be 1977 I think...round then.

He was a little fat fuck.But give him the ball and over 5 yds he'd make you look a dick :)

Even Pele when asked who was the most gifted player he'd seen.He said Best.

Georgy Best..superstar!!! looks like a woman and he wears a bra!!!

;-))

Hope he pulls through. Anyone that dated ,was it, 3 Miss Worlds obviously is talented ;-))

MorganGrayson
10-27-2005, 01:03 PM
Yep, years of alcohol abuse and a new liver later - he was still drinking like a fish... He was a footballer like no other, he could spend all night on the piss, then stroll out the next day and turn out a performance like no other on the pitch...

:(

Trev...I recently watched the UK release of "Mean Machine," so I actually understood that. :)

(There's an American release version on the same disc, and we're going to watch it later in the week to see how badly they messed the movie up.)