PDA

View Full Version : What the fuck ? Over............

sarettah
10-24-2005, 05:48 PM
Ok, you got the milliondollarhomepage thingie out there, which was a pretty original idea, but I just don't understand why someone would pay a buck a pixel, but still an original idea that dese4rves some kudos... Now you have tons of clones of it out there trying to grab their copycat piece of the pie.

Now, comes the milliondollarlinklist. Huh ?? What the hell is the difference between that and the gadzilions of link lists out there all ready ??

I don't get it :scratchin

http://i-newswire.com/pr48605.html

(I-Newswire) - Thanks to Alex Tew and his site MillionDollarHomepage.com, there has been an over-saturation of copycat sites looking to cash in on the craze. With a heartwarming story and goal in mind, one couple has launched a site that takes the basic idea and puts a whole new twist on it, in hopes of achieving their goal.

Instead of following suit and selling hard to read pixel space on an overcrowded home page, MillionDollarLinkList.com has flipped the grid and is selling descriptive text link spots, which they believe is much more beneficial to the advertisers. According to Billy Grady, the owner and operator of the site, text links with descriptive text are much more favorable to search engines than an entire page full of graphics and will bring in more targeted visitors for their sites advertisers. Unlike the pixel ad space, text links don’t require you to spend more money before your advertisement is legible. For about the same price as 10x10 neon green square which has no text space available, you could purchase a text link on MillionDollarLinkList.com that reads “25% Off Next Purchase”. Besides being a more effective form of advertising, we give you options with your text link advertising such as bold and/or colored text and different advertising levels.

“This is not a plan to get rich quick, but an honest attempt to reach our goal”, says site owner Billy Grady. “This is our attempt at creating a legacy for our family by taking an idea and expanding on it and turning it into a project that all involved can benefit from.” By purchasing advertising space on MillionDollarLinkList.com you will be receiving a valuable piece of Internet Real Estate as well as helping reach the goals of one Internet entrepreneur and his family.

Oh wow, you can actually have bold and colored text ???? Sign me the fuck up :okthumb:

Dravyk
10-24-2005, 08:39 PM
Has Brad Shaw jumped on this trend yet?

ReighlynnRaine
10-24-2005, 08:54 PM
Well... at least they're trying? :huh:

Trev
10-24-2005, 08:58 PM
Well... at least they're trying? :huh:
Very very very fucking trying!

Dravyk
10-24-2005, 09:02 PM