PDA

View Full Version : Anderson Cooper is in town

Red
10-21-2005, 07:46 PM
and so are news crews from all the networks.

Just be the expected ground zero for a hurricane and you too can be on the news. :)

Osiris
10-21-2005, 07:53 PM
Are you going to leave?

Red
10-22-2005, 10:19 AM
Are you going to leave?

Nope. They're saying it will be down to a cat 1 by the time it gets here and we live about 5 miles inland and we've got hurricane shutters. Most of the neighbors are staying and we're planning a hurricane party.

I'm more worried about the store than the house since the store is right on the beach street, but the storm surge wont be as high as expected and we got it pretty well secured yesterday, so I've got my fingers crossed.

Osiris
10-22-2005, 02:37 PM
Ahhh, well let's hope that it does hit as a Cat. 1 and doesn't strengthen any..

Newton
10-22-2005, 03:31 PM
Fingers crossed it blows itself out to nothing and take care folks

MorganGrayson
10-23-2005, 03:42 PM
Take care, Red and family.

I hope the news crews are horribly disappointed with a lack of damage. I'm sure they'll find something to "throb" at and blow out of proportion, though.

Red
10-23-2005, 04:45 PM
Take care, Red and family.

I hope the news crews are horribly disappointed with a lack of damage. I'm sure they'll find something to "throb" at and blow out of proportion, though.

I hope so too Morgan, but right now I'm not sure. It's a strong cat2 and it looks like it's strengthening. It's already started to rain in Key West. The sky is still nice here but the winds are kicking up. I just hope it shifts a little to the south because right now, it don't look too good.

Trev
10-23-2005, 04:56 PM
Stay safe Red and that goes out to everyone else in the path.

Stacey_JoinRightNow
10-24-2005, 03:26 AM
Wilma rockets toward southwest Florida

Hurricane regains Category 3 status ahead of morning landfall

KEY WEST, Florida (CNN) -- Hurricane Wilma's winds increased late Sunday to 115 mph -- making it a Category 3 storm capable of causing extensive damage -- as it spun toward southwestern Florida.

Have a safe trip Red, take good care!

MorganGrayson
10-24-2005, 09:53 AM
Wilma slammed into Naples as a Category 3. Between the rain, wind, storm surge and heaven help us all, tornadoes, it's "interesting." The morning news says it's moving quickly across the Florida peninsula.