PDA

View Full Version : Everyone think Cuba

Red
10-20-2005, 01:57 PM
IF Wilma continues to move slowly and IF the front coming down from the north moves quickly, the winds that will turn it east will turn it onto cuba before it moves far enough north to hit FL. And since I'm in the prime target area if it hits, I've got a new mantra. So say it with me everyone. Cuba..Cuba..Cuba.

Everything is nuts here right now. Most of the gas sations are out and those that have gas have lines going out into the highway. We tried to get plywood yesterday, but everyone was sold out. We got to Lowe's early this morning when the shipment came in and had to wait 2 hours to get it cut. The stores are running out of water, bread and non perishables.

I'm in Naples and only about 5 miles inland so we're expecting really bad flooding. My mom's store is on Marco Island, right on the beach street so tomorrow we're boarding up he windows and geting everything ready. Unfortunately a 15ft storm surge will cover the entire island. The big hotels are evacuating everyone tomorrow and schools are all closing. They've already called for voluntary evacuation, but most people are waiting to see where this thing goes.

We're hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst.

Phoenix
10-20-2005, 02:00 PM
i want to go to cuba in the spring so hopefully it doesnt affect the area i want to go to

Funbrunette
10-20-2005, 02:38 PM
I hope everyone is ok and safe and mostly ready for it (but can you ever be ready for something like that???) :(

Sin
10-20-2005, 03:17 PM
*takes a deep breath in support of Red & all the other webmasters in the Florida key*

Cuba cuba cuba cuba cuba cuba cuuuuuuuuubbbbbbaaaaaaaaaaa *inhales*
Cuba cuba cuba cuba cuba cuba cuuuuuuuuubbbbbbaaaaaaaaaaa *inhales*
Cuba cuba cuba cuba cuba cuba cuuuuuuuuubbbbbbaaaaaaaaaaa

Since 3's my favorite number, I shall leave it at that :)

xcitetv
10-20-2005, 03:30 PM
Hope all is well with you guys
good luck

MorganGrayson
10-20-2005, 03:56 PM
Cuba....Cuba...not-the-cigars-please!...Cuba!!!

I have two items from Red's Mom's store on a shelf right next to my desk. I want more!!!!!!!!! (A bit of humor to help with the fact that losing that store will have a most harmful effect on her Mom, who is a very, very hardworking woman with more than enough on her plate. One *never* needs a hurricane to come barreling through one's life, but geeze...enough is enough already.)

Mom is also a *fantastic* cook. Don't forget the recipes for the unpronounceable dishes, Red! :okthumb:

Dravyk
10-20-2005, 04:28 PM
Fine, now I'm thinking about hot grilled pork sandwiches, mojitos, classic cars from the 50s, cee-gars, and an old shit in olive drab with a mangy beard. :unsure:

That said, hope everything works out for ya, Red!!