PDA

View Full Version : 2005 World Series Of Poker on ESPN

TheEnforcer
10-18-2005, 02:56 PM
When I went to bed last night I watched the first two episodes of this years WSOP. Two wild hands from those episodes show why poker is so much fun to play and watch.

The first was a hand between Jennifer Harmon and her pocket queens (spade-diamond), a guy with ace of spades - six of diamonds, and another guy with the 8 and 9 of diamonds. Harmon raised to $200 and both men called.

Flop comes 10 spades, jack of diamonds, queen of hearts.

So one guy missed completely, another flopped the bottom straight, and Harmon gets three of a kind.

Harmon bets $500, the guy with a straight raises to $2000 and the guy who missed folds and Harmon calls.

Turn card comes and it's the ten of diamonds giving Harmon a full house and the top flush draw making her a 98% favorite to win the hand as the only card that can save him is the seven of diamonds. The guy with a straight bets $1000 and she raises to $3000. He called putting her possibly on an A-K with a higher straight but he's also got a flush and straight flush draw so thinks he's still got a decent shot of taking the hand when in reality he's the biggest dog you can be without being drawing dead. His miracle card seven of diamonds comes. Harmon bets $3000 to put him all in and of course he calls.

The other hand is the very first hand played at the feature table at the beginning of the first day second heat (first round was divied into three groups of just under 2000 over three days). Don't have as detailed a recap as I erased that epsode accidently. :( But essentially a guy raised with pocket tens and, if memory serves me it was Amir Vahidi that called with an Ace-10. Flop come Ace-Ace-10 so they each flopped a full house. Well vahidi doubled up as they both went al in. LOL Out at the WSOP on the first hand!! Man that would suck! :blink: :huh:

Nickatilynx
10-18-2005, 03:02 PM
First hand , 10,000th hand...doesn't matter.

Unless you win a tournament getting eliminated always sucks. LOL

Tournament is for mashocists LOL..the only time you leave the table happy is if you win it LOL

Last week I came second in a tourny with 1470 entrants , I was pissed. Should have won it! LOL

TheEnforcer
10-18-2005, 03:12 PM
First hand , 10,000th hand...doesn't matter.

Unless you win a tournament getting eliminated always sucks. LOL

Tournament is for mashocists LOL..the only time you leave the table happy is if you win it LOL

Last week I came second in a tourny with 1470 entrants , I was pissed. Should have won it! LOL

hahaha.. yeah.. to play tourneys all the time can be frustrating as it takes a proper mindset to deal with the losing aspect of it because ven though you may be ahead monetary wise if you aren't wining the tournies it can mess with your mind. Players like Phil Ivey love cash games because if you leave the table ahead you are a winner. It's a much different mindset.

MissEve
10-18-2005, 03:53 PM
Ahhhhh! That Jennifer Harmon hand was fucking painful. I loved that she was so pissed and didn't even try to hide it. That guy was a total asshole for making that crappy comment at the end.

The other hand you are talking about was Oliver Hudson, Goldie Hawns son, and Sammy Farha. Did you see the other hand they featured when a guy with AA raised a ridiculous amount preflop and Farha smooth calls with 33 and flops a fucking 3! Insanity.

TheEnforcer
10-18-2005, 04:15 PM
Ahhhhh! That Jennifer Harmon hand was fucking painful. I loved that she was so pissed and didn't even try to hide it. That guy was a total asshole for making that crappy comment at the end.

The other hand you are talking about was Oliver Hudson, Goldie Hawns son, and Sammy Farha. Did you see the other hand they featured when a guy with AA raised a ridiculous amount preflop and Farha smooth calls with 33 and flops a fucking 3! Insanity.

Ahh.. yes. Thanks for straightening out the names for me. Yeah, Farha certainly had some mojo going on that day.

NickPapageorgio
10-18-2005, 04:17 PM
How is Helmuth doing so far?

(edit* I am an in the closet Phil Helmuth fan. :) It's the John McEnroe withdrawal)

Nickatilynx
10-18-2005, 04:46 PM
Sammy Farha is a great player....