PDA

View Full Version : Happy 50th Birthday Kermit

Red
10-15-2005, 04:40 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/TV/10/05/kermit.frog/index.html

Kermit the Frog is in a good mood. It's raining in Los Angeles -- perfect frog weather -- and the only way life could be better is if he were outside. But alas, he's inside -- inside a car and doing a series of phone interviews to talk about his 50th birthday.

He'd like to soak up the raindrops, but Kermit is nothing but considerate. "I'm with these people," he explains, "and some are Californians. They don't like getting wet."

Nevertheless, he's feeling chatty and willing to talk about his fellow Muppets -- even willing to get a little gossipy.

Are Statler and Waldorf, "The Muppet Show" hecklers who harangued the cast from the safety of a box high above the stage, really that mean? "I think they're pretty much like that in real life," Kermit says. "In fact, they may still be in that box."

Was he ever worried that Miss Piggy would take over the show? "There was no controlling that [spotlight-hogging] in Miss Piggy, but I was running the show," he hastens to point out. "The spotlight was never an issue. We kept her on a short leash."

And what of the craziness of some of the cast members, such as Animal, Fozzy Bear and Gonzo?

"Well, it was pretty wild and crazy," Kermit agrees. "It was like running a large farm. Which was interesting considering that most of the cast members were farm animals."

Kermit's going to be a busy frog in his golden year.

He'll be visiting the west Texas town of Kermit on October 14 and then off to destinations including New York City, Paris, the Great Wall of China and -- probably grudgingly -- a Frog Leg Festival in Fellsmere, Florida. (Movie fans will recall the trouble Kermit had with a frog leg entrepreneur in "The Muppet Movie.")

Despite his fame, Kermit himself sounds like he hasn't gotten a big head. Turning 50 is nice, but so was 49, he muses, and he's happy to riding in the backseat of the car and "not the trunk," he says.

So, has it gotten any easier being green?

It has if you keep the proper perspective on life, says Kermit.

"That song ['It's Not Easy Being Green'] is mostly about being happy with who you are," he says. "There have been lots of changes, but you just continue being true to yourself."

What's his secret? Like the frog he is, he says he stays close to his roots.

"It's easy to stay grounded when you're 18 inches high," he says.

Newton
10-15-2005, 05:48 PM
Sorry but I fucking hate muppets more than clowns .. Ms Piggy must have grey pubes by now and Kermit must be on Rogaine? :blink:

Steady
10-15-2005, 06:55 PM
Sorry but I fucking hate muppets more than clowns .. Ms Piggy must have grey pubes by now and Kermit must be on Rogaine? :blink:

I used to be a rodeo clown, back in my young-en days. :cowboy:

Newton
10-15-2005, 07:11 PM
I used to be a rodeo clown, back in my young-en days. :cowboy:

That's a different thing entirely, you are protecting the riders from the bulls. Kudos to you for that :okthumb:

Steady
10-15-2005, 07:23 PM
That's a different thing entirely, you are protecting the riders from the bulls. Kudos to you for that :okthumb:

Thanks....

The best part were the chick in their tight rocky mountain jeans. They loved us rodeo clowns.

Them tight jeans showed off some heart shaped booties. :butt: