PDA

View Full Version : Oprano makes dreams come true.

Technick
10-12-2005, 10:04 PM
Ten years ago, I moved 8000 miles from England to pursue a new life on the West Coast of the United States. At first it seemed a dream, the warm California sun, the friendly welcoming people, but soon I realised something was missing; Walkers Chicken Crisps.

As the years ticked by my cravings got worse. At first I thought I could handle it, after all Californians didn't seem to need them. I had a limited supply from my brother in Canada, but as stocks ran low, they became harder and harder to find, and I found myself paying exorbitant prices as and when they were available. I found myself scouring all night supermarkets only to find smug Safeway assistants trying to palm me off with Lays "chips", possibly the worst chips in the world.

Driven to despair I finally confided on Oprano that I had a Walker's crisps problem. Immediately the kindly UK arm of Oprano swung into action. As a true humanitarian,Trev, aware of my suffering and out of the goodness of his own heart took it upon himself to mail me a crate of Walker's chicken crisps.

Imagine my delight when I found them sitting on my doorstep this afternoon. I would just like to take this opportunity to thank Trev from the bottom of my heart. You have made my life a lot brighter.

Dreams can come true on Oprano :)

Newton
10-12-2005, 10:11 PM
My name is Technick and I am an addict lol Trev is a good man for sending them, and anything else you need just holla :)

Queen Bitch
10-12-2005, 10:12 PM
Tecnnick!

Lovely to see you again, well, read you again :)

Peaches
10-12-2005, 10:13 PM
Aw, that's so sweet......

*wiping tear from my eye*

I think Trev has a crush on you :)

Red
10-12-2005, 10:32 PM
That was so nice of Trev.

Now what's he going to do for all of us Americans who want to see what's so wonderful about these Chicken Crisps? ;)

Anthony
10-12-2005, 10:46 PM
In light of this. Please don't open the door to a midget delivering a sing a gram.

He's instructions to kick you between the legs.

Not sure if it will do anything, so I told him to do it repeatedly.

Dravyk
10-12-2005, 10:52 PM
When I lived in Manhatten, I sorely missed my Philadelphia Cheesesteaks. I'm imagining it must be a similiar sensation.

Glad you're craving is sated, Technick. Good on you, Trev! :)

MorganGrayson
10-12-2005, 10:57 PM
Trev and Technick...Technick and Trev! :inlove:

:speedbana

I've got some Walker crisps now, and if I manage to live through my current project, I may consume some as a reward. :)

Nickatilynx
10-12-2005, 10:58 PM
You do know Trevor you stepped on my manor......

Oh deary deary me.....

helix
10-12-2005, 10:59 PM
Evil Trev, the enabler has decided to feed the "Walker Crisps" monkey on your back. I suspect he is trying to leverage you into some kind of twisted underhanded sick deed. hmmmm God only knows what horrors the Evil Trev has in mind for the weakened snack food junky. As pain wracked poor Technick shovels the "Walker Crisps" into his mouth at a feverish pace trying to satisfy the sickining lust he has for the forbidden snack, Trev is lurking in the shadows wringing has hands as he ponders what foul deed he shall force upon his snack food enslaved brethren.
We shall have to see how this plays out! There is no limit to the diabolical mind of "The Trev".

or he could just be one helluva guy helping out a friend in need :)

Red
10-12-2005, 11:23 PM
When I lived in Manhatten, I sorely missed my Philadelphia Cheesesteaks. I'm imagining it must be a similiar sensation.

Glad you're craving is sated, Technick. Good on you, Trev! :)

Oh that reminds me how much I miss a good cheesesteak. Actually Dravyk, I have been thinking about what I could do to bribe you into sending me some tastykake peanut butter kandy kakes, butterscotch krimpets and soft pretzels.

MissEve
10-12-2005, 11:29 PM
Drav....where do you live now?

ReighlynnRaine
10-12-2005, 11:32 PM
Now if we're just handing out UK care packages...

Flake Bars and Cadbury Bubbly bars needing a home can come see me. :okthumb:

Dravyk
10-13-2005, 02:55 AM
Oh that reminds me how much I miss a good cheesesteak. Actually Dravyk, I have been thinking about what I could do to bribe you into sending me some tastykake peanut butter kandy kakes, butterscotch krimpets and soft pretzels.The door to bribary is always open! http://oprano.com/msgboard/images/smilies/smile.gif

Drav....where do you live now?In Philadelphia. Born and raised here. Lived in North Jersey (Union City, 1 year) and Manhatten (Chelsea neighborhood, 4.5 years) then came back to Philly.

Dravyk
10-13-2005, 02:59 AM
Red, Tastykake has an online ordering section too! http://oprano.com/msgboard/images/smilies/smile.gif
https://www.tastykake.com/ProductBrowse.aspx

And Campo's will ship out cheesesteaks and hoagies "anywhere in the world". http://oprano.com/msgboard/images/smilies/smile.gif
http://www.phillyhoagie.com/phillycheesesteakresources.htm

Trev
10-13-2005, 09:00 AM
Technick,

It was more than a pleasure. :)

You do know Trevor you stepped on my manor......

Oh deary deary me.....

:blink: :unsure:

So I guess I'll have to compensate you for loss of earnings... :(

Trev
10-13-2005, 09:02 AM
Evil Trev, the enabler has decided to feed the "Walker Crisps" monkey on your back. I suspect he is trying to leverage you into some kind of twisted underhanded sick deed. hmmmm God only knows what horrors the Evil Trev has in mind for the weakened snack food junky. As pain wracked poor Technick shovels the "Walker Crisps" into his mouth at a feverish pace trying to satisfy the sickining lust he has for the forbidden snack, Trev is lurking in the shadows wringing has hands as he ponders what foul deed he shall force upon his snack food enslaved brethren.
We shall have to see how this plays out! There is no limit to the diabolical mind of "The Trev".

or he could just be one helluva guy helping out a friend in need :)
Hahahahahaha

I had to give you points for that, that's made my day! ;)

Trev
10-13-2005, 09:03 AM
Aw, that's so sweet......

*wiping tear from my eye*

I think Trev has a crush on you :)
Blabber mouth :rolleyes:

Nickatilynx
10-13-2005, 06:45 PM
Dear Trev,

It has come to my attention that you have been pissing all over my manor.

Technick's crisp problem was well serviced by us pikeys here on the West Coast , and might I add it was a nice little earner at $50 a pop.

Secondly since finding a secondary supply from you northern bastards , he has got a bit lippy and leary with both myself ,associates ,and friends secure in the knowledge he is well supplied with said Walkers Crisps.

I can't allow that.

I can't allow liberties like this to be taken. Mr.Newton is in fact correct when he advises me that "it is literally taking bread out of my kids mouth."

Oh deary deary me....

I'm afraid I may have to tax you for this transgression.

Your friend ,
in Christ,
Nickatilynx

Dravyk
10-13-2005, 06:49 PM
http://www.cinerhama.com/britmovies/longood.jpg

Trev
10-13-2005, 06:54 PM
Dear Trev,

It has come to my attention that you have been pissing all over my manor.

Technick's crisp problem was well serviced by us pikeys here on the West Coast , and might I add it was a nice little earner at $50 a pop.

Secondly since finding a secondary supply from you northern bastards , he has got a bit lippy and leary with both myself ,associates ,and friends secure in the knowledge he is well supplied with said Walkers Crisps.

I can't allow that.

I can't allow liberties like this to be taken. Mr.Newton is in fact correct when he advises me that "it is literally taking bread out of my kids mouth."

Oh deary deary me....

I'm afraid I may have to tax you for this transgression.

Your friend ,
in Christ,
Nickatilynx

I had no idea I was disrespecting anyone, nor that I was in anyway interrupting a current "supply" chain.

I can honestly say it won't happen again... :unsure:

Well, not this week

Nickatilynx
10-13-2005, 07:06 PM
I had no idea I was disrespecting anyone, nor that I was in anyway interrupting a current "supply" chain.

I can honestly say it won't happen again... :unsure:

Well, not this week

Dear Trev,

It has been a bit unfortunate.

You will notice Technick has got a bit leery with you in another thread.

See.

You spoiled the forementioned scumbag.

Missing you terrible,
SWALK

Nickatilynx

Trev
10-13-2005, 07:10 PM
Dear Trev,

It has been a bit unfortunate.

You will notice Technick has got a bit leery with you in another thread.

See.

You spoiled the forementioned scumbag.

Missing you terrible,
SWALK

Nickatilynx
Retraining is a must, at $50 to ship a box of walkers and get pissed on I'm a little flaccid as a supplier. ;)

MorganGrayson
10-13-2005, 07:14 PM
helix...I had to give you five for that, too! :clapping:

Crumpet...I volunteer to help you with that flaccid situation! :yowsa:

Nickatilynx
10-13-2005, 07:16 PM

Oh jesus.... :(

MorganGrayson
10-13-2005, 07:19 PM
Oh jesus.... :(

This was unexpected?

What are you...new????

:harhar01:

Trev
10-13-2005, 07:20 PM
helix...I had to give you five for that, too! :clapping:

AS A SUPPLIER! Flaccid as a supplier....

I'm soft when it comes to such things.

Oh bugger it... that didn't help at all... :unsure:

MorganGrayson
10-13-2005, 07:22 PM
AS A SUPPLIER! Flaccid as a supplier....

I'm soft when it comes to such things.

Oh bugger it... that didn't help at all... :unsure:

I think you need to take a FIRM stand on something.

Pretty much anything will do at this point. :blink:

Trev
10-13-2005, 07:23 PM
I think you need to take a FIRM stand on something.

Pretty much anything will do at this point. :blink:
:unsure:

Nickatilynx
10-13-2005, 07:23 PM
Ok...stop it at once its getting too silly.

:)

Goodnight all , play nicely.

See you in the am :)

Dravyk
10-13-2005, 07:24 PM
Oh jesus!

MorganGrayson
10-13-2005, 07:24 PM
Good night, Rev. Nick. :waving:

OK, now that *he's* gone.... :yowsa:

Trev
10-13-2005, 07:26 PM
Ok...stop it at once its getting too silly.

:)

Goodnight all , play nicely.

See you in the am :)
I hope you've got cleaners coming in because I ain't sweeping this shit up in the morning. ;)

Queen Bitch
10-13-2005, 08:13 PM
Well, now Trev knows what he can sell on Ebay :)

Trev
10-14-2005, 05:42 AM
Well, now Trev knows what he can sell on Ebay :)
An excellent idea, with only a slight mark-up. I'm sure all the ex pat's would go mad for them. :D