PDA

View Full Version : What guaranteed CPM would you need to replace a sponsor?

AdultAds
10-10-2005, 09:41 PM
Hi all,

I'm new to this particular forum and would like to say hi, and to ask a few questions. Some colleagues and I are starting an adult ad network in a few weeks that will pay site owners on a cpm and cpc basis - rather than a cpa basis - for displaying our ads on their sites.

So here are the questions...

- on average, what are the effective cpms (or revenue per thousand impressions) for banners (728x90; 468x60), pops, and rectangles (ex: 300x250) that a average adult webmastr would earn running CPA sponsor ads for these sizes?

- what type of guaranteed CPMs would we need to offer to convince these webmasters to give up one of those units (or more)? I could argue that you could get away with paying a little less for guaranteed revenue.

Give as much feedback and qualifiers as you feel necessary, and thanks in advance for your time and consideration. We'll be launching in the next week or two and I'll be sure to come back and respectfully let you guys know. I'm trying to get a little additional market feedback to see if we need to tweak any of our assumptions/metrics.

Thanks in advance,

-AdultAds

ReighlynnRaine
10-11-2005, 10:55 AM
Hi and Welcome!!! :waving:

el pres
10-11-2005, 11:14 AM
This would depend on the source.
How can you pay the same for SE vs CircleJerked TGP traffic?

AdultAds
10-11-2005, 11:11 PM
Thanks for the reply.

I won't be able to pay the same rates for those different kinds of traffic. I was hoping that webmasters from the different segments would reply with rates that apply to their different types of sites. My post was long enough so I didn't want to specify everything in my post.

We are actually finalizing whether it will be a fixed rate cpm per segment or just pay say 50% of the sales price to the webmasters. Any opinion on whether that would fly? Remember that I'm not asking for all of the inventory, maybe just one ad unit (banner, pop, link, etc.). We're hoping to be able to offer some supplemental, guaranteed income - probably in conjunction with their cpa revs.

Any advice specific to your categories will be appreciated.

-AdultAds