PDA

View Full Version : 25 Point Halloween Contest

Red
10-10-2005, 01:08 PM
That's right boys and girls, Halloween will soon be upon us and to get Opranauts into the spirit, we need to bring some Halloween to the board.

I will give 25 points to the best Halloween avatar. It can be funny, scary or sexy, but it must depict Halloween and it must stay up for the month.

Good luck and Happy Halloween.

Remember that the maximum size for avatars is 150 x 250.

Newton
10-10-2005, 01:12 PM
Excellent Red ;)

MorganGrayson
10-10-2005, 04:07 PM
Most excellent, Red!!! :clapping:

I have my "scary apple" back for the month! (No, children, mods can't win, but we do so love to play!!) :)

ReighlynnRaine
10-10-2005, 05:08 PM
What a great contest!!!

*off to google*

ReighlynnRaine
10-10-2005, 05:53 PM
And it only took forever to make... phew. :yowsa:

I would credit the artist but I don't know who drew her originally. I'm not claiming her as mine. I only re-colored her and touched her up a bit.

Trev
10-10-2005, 06:12 PM
One question. Why is halloween so big in the states?

It's kind of a humdrum event that comes before petrol and gunpowder here in the UK, so a little bit of a heads up would be nice. :D

domtheboy
10-10-2005, 06:15 PM
I only...touched her up a bit.

:yowsa:

What an endearing image !

Nurse, I think I hurt myself again......

ReighlynnRaine
10-10-2005, 06:22 PM
:yowsa:

What an endearing image !

Nurse, I think I hurt myself again......

:biglaugh:

Hehehe glad I can amuse you. ;)

weirdharold
10-16-2005, 04:08 PM
What has happened to all the avatars?

Trev
10-16-2005, 04:15 PM
What has happened to all the avatars?
You had them turned off in your UserCP, you should be able to see them now. :)

MorganGrayson
10-16-2005, 04:56 PM
One question. Why is halloween so big in the states?

It's kind of a humdrum event that comes before petrol and gunpowder here in the UK, so a little bit of a heads up would be nice. :D

I don't know why Halloween is so big as a secular holiday, but it really is a big deal here. Stores are full of costumes and candy. Children go trick-or-treating in most places. (We live on a huge hill with one lane driveway off of a treacherous street, so we don't get trick or treaters.) When we lived in Louisville, though, everything was laid out in nice, flat rectangles and there were lots of trick or treaters. (The rule is: if the porch light is on, you can visit the house and get candy. If the porch light is off, they're not playing, don't go there.)

It's a religious holiday called Samhain for pagans.

Being so close to Mexico, we also get to celebrate Day of the Dead on November 2nd. Skeletons and skulls everywhere, but it is a happy celebration, honoring your deceased relatives.

weirdharold
10-16-2005, 05:46 PM
You had them turned off in your UserCP, you should be able to see them now. :)
Strange..... I was seeing them one day then the next I wasn't and never visited the options of the user control..... unless I have been sleep posting again.

but thanks trev

Trev
10-16-2005, 06:29 PM
I don't know why Halloween is so big as a secular holiday, but it really is a big deal here. Stores are full of costumes and candy. Children go trick-or-treating in most places. (We live on a huge hill with one lane driveway off of a treacherous street, so we don't get trick or treaters.) When we lived in Louisville, though, everything was laid out in nice, flat rectangles and there were lots of trick or treaters. (The rule is: if the porch light is on, you can visit the house and get candy. If the porch light is off, they're not playing, don't go there.)

It's a religious holiday called Samhain for pagans.

Being so close to Mexico, we also get to celebrate Day of the Dead on November 2nd. Skeletons and skulls everywhere, but it is a happy celebration, honoring your deceased relatives.
My birthday lands bang smack in the middle of Halloween and the Day of the Dead, Nov 1st - All Saints day. :)

Halloween has become very Americanized here in the UK, we get trick or treaters, but "penny for the guy" seems to have died. Everyone still goes mad for setting fire to gun powder on bonfire night though. ;)

Trev
10-16-2005, 06:30 PM
Strange..... I was seeing them one day then the next I wasn't and never visited the options of the user control..... unless I have been sleep posting again.

but thanks trev
Weird, please let me know if it happens again. :)

Newton
10-16-2005, 06:44 PM
My birthday lands bang smack in the middle of Halloween and the Day of the Dead, Nov 1st - All Saints day. :)

Halloween has become very Americanized here in the UK, we get trick or treaters, but "penny for the guy" seems to have died. Everyone still goes mad for setting fire to gun powder on bonfire night though. ;)

Guy Fawkes is excellent .. Brits love setting fires and blowing things up :)

Trev
10-16-2005, 06:53 PM
Guy Fawkes is excellent .. Brits love setting fires and blowing things up :)
Some more than others. ;)

ReighlynnRaine
10-30-2005, 06:10 PM
So I guess we're going to find out who wins soon eh?

:)

Everyone has had such great avs!