PDA

View Full Version : We are safe here bitches!!!!!

Nickatilynx
10-05-2005, 11:33 AM
Vancouver vanquishes all cities. Low crime, highly developed infrastructure and an absence of terrorist threats has secured the Canadian city the title of "the best place to live".
The Pacific coastal settlement tops a survey of cities compiled to assess quality of life. Almost all of those in the upper tier are in North America, Australia or western Europe.

Devised by the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU), the liveability ranking examined 127 cities under five main categories: stability, healthcare, culture and environment, education and infrastructure

The Canadian city has a population of 560,000. It has a temperate climate and sits beneath a mountain range. Vancouver's economy is booming, enhanced by its position on the Pacific rim and powered by its software and biotechnology industries. "It is no surprise that the most desirable destinations are those with the lower perceived threat of terrorism," said Jon Copestake, editor of the EIU report.
London came in at 47th place sharing its ranking with Houston, Los Angeles and Dublin. Other European capitals - notably Berlin, Paris, Madrid, Brussels, Copenhagen and Vienna - all scored better.

The worst places to live were judged to be Algiers in Algeria and Port Moresby in Papua New Guinea. Port Moresby, the EIU report explained, "suffers from high crime rates, corruption, instability, low availability of entertainment, goods or services and a dilapidated infrastructure".

Best six

1 Vancouver

2 Melbourne

3 Vienna

4 Geneva

5 Perth

6 Adelaide

Worst six

1 Port Moresby

2 Algiers

3 Dhaka

4 Karachi

5 Lagos

6 Phnom Penh

ReighlynnRaine
10-05-2005, 12:42 PM
I want to move to Canda.

DrGuile
10-05-2005, 12:44 PM
Do you have a link?

Isnt that from a couple years ago?

.... Where is Canda?

Winetalk.com
10-05-2005, 12:45 PM
free medecine is gonna kill you
:)

SykkBoy
10-05-2005, 01:10 PM
The forgot to mention the other good thing about Vancouver: hot strippers
;-)

Newton
10-05-2005, 01:26 PM
Good golf ;)

SykkBoy
10-05-2005, 01:29 PM
Good golf ;)
yes and golf...I remember the looks I got when hitting the golf course with Anthony and RedLion in my typical attire: black leather jacket, death metal tshirt, jean shorts and combat boots...

MorganGrayson
10-05-2005, 02:18 PM
yes and golf...I remember the looks I got when hitting the golf course with Anthony and RedLion in my typical attire: black leather jacket, death metal tshirt, jean shorts and combat boots...

I believe one of golf's expressions is "may we play through?"

I do imagine you guys were always allowed to do so. :)

SykkBoy
10-05-2005, 02:20 PM
I believe one of golf's expressions is "may we play through?"

I do imagine you guys were always allowed to do so. :)
yeah, until they realized it took me 45 strokes to get to the green...

MorganGrayson
10-05-2005, 03:27 PM
yeah, until they realized it took me 45 strokes to get to the green...

Oops. :blink:

TheEnforcer
10-05-2005, 05:20 PM
Sounds like a hell of a place to live for sure....

DannyCox
10-05-2005, 09:28 PM
Vancouver vanquishes all cities.

Yeah, but where the white people be at??!! ;)

Worst city for drivers? Vancouver, with the Asian population in their $200,000. sport cars driving 30 MPH below the speed limit!! :yowsa:

Great city to visit, but I could never live there. :blink:

;)

Ace-imlive
10-06-2005, 04:30 AM
need to check Van out

Funbrunette
10-06-2005, 01:03 PM
I want to move to Canda.

Yeah Canada is pretty sweet! Just spent 1 week in Vancouver this summer...loved it! :okthumb:

Trev
10-06-2005, 01:22 PM
Yeah Canada is pretty sweet! Just spent 1 week in Vancouver this summer...loved it! :okthumb:
Damn, that's nearly longer than me, and I lived there. :unsure:

I had to get that in before Nick posted it. :yowsa: