PDA

View Full Version : If you could do it all over again...

Red
09-30-2005, 05:49 PM
I read a great book about 18 years ago called Replay and I just heard that it's being made into a movie, so it got me thinking about it.

If you woke up and were 18 years old again with all the knowledge and memories you have now, what would you do different?

Winetalk.com
09-30-2005, 05:52 PM
I'd fuck around without getting married and wait for Sue
;)

Trev
09-30-2005, 05:53 PM
Get the internet sooner and buy hundreds of domains.

Trev
09-30-2005, 05:54 PM
I'd fuck around without getting married and wait for Sue
;)
So it seems we've both only got 1 thing we wish to change. ;)

Winetalk.com
09-30-2005, 05:58 PM
yeap
:)

"Regrets, I have a few, but than again, too few to mention..."
;)

ReighlynnRaine
09-30-2005, 06:07 PM
I don't think I would change anything. Because then I wouldn't be who I am today.

Winetalk.com
09-30-2005, 06:10 PM
I think our posts are very...color coordinated..

Am I gay?
;)

Trev
09-30-2005, 06:18 PM
;)
I live with what I've done and don't regret anything. If I spent time regretting things then I'd be sitting in the past, something I can't change. I look forward, that's what I prefer to do. :)

Nickatilynx
09-30-2005, 07:08 PM
I live with what I've done and don't regret anything. If I spent time regretting things then I'd be sitting in the past, something I can't change. I look forward, that's what I prefer to do. :)

Bingo!

Plus I've done more things in my time than most people will ever do.

Both good and bad things :)

Overall , its been a blast :)

Trev
09-30-2005, 07:23 PM
Bingo!

Fun and *stuff*... Things my son's son's will sit on my knee and hear.. ;)

Nickatilynx
09-30-2005, 07:33 PM
Fun and *stuff*... Things my son's son's will sit on my knee and hear.. ;)

and he won't believe him :)

Trev
09-30-2005, 07:53 PM
and he won't believe him :)
They'll be the best damn stories going. ;)

Red
09-30-2005, 07:56 PM
I would invest in the stock market, since I would know what companies will do well.

I would follow my dream.
When I was 18 I was accepted to study acting at the Actor's Studio with Lee Strasberg, but my parents wouldn't pay for me to live in NY and take classes.
I didn't have the guts to just pack up my tapshoes and get on the Greyhound. I settled for a local comedy group and community theater. If I could do it over, I'd face my fears and go for it.

Nickatilynx
09-30-2005, 08:14 PM
I would invest in the stock market, since I would know what companies will do well.

I would follow my dream.
When I was 18 I was accepted to study acting at the Actor's Studio with Lee Strasberg, but my parents wouldn't pay for me to live in NY and take classes.
I didn't have the guts to just pack up my tapshoes and get on the Greyhound. I settled for a local comedy group and community theater. If I could do it over, I'd face my fears and go for it.

No you wouldn't.

You'd do the same exact thing at that time and place.

You'd still be the same person.

Plus if by a miracle , you did , you'd change your whole life as it is now.
For better or worse.

I'd never take the unknown option for running the risk of not meeting my wife and having my kids and knowing the people I do.

Jace
09-30-2005, 08:22 PM
if I didn't remember everything from when I grew up before, I wouldn't change a thing, i have loved my life and it gets better every yer

If I did remember everything from before, I would travel like fucking crazy...i would not have a home and just be a complete nomaad

Red
09-30-2005, 09:44 PM
No you wouldn't.

For better or worse.

I'd never take the unknown option for running the risk of not meeting my wife and having my kids and knowing the people I do.

No, I really would. I'd have money, since I would have knowledge of the stock market so the fear of starving in NY on my own wouldn't be there.
I wouldn't have a problem with taking the unknown option and changing my whole life. The known option was my first marriage. Thanks, but no thanks. :)

Robin
09-30-2005, 09:54 PM
I would have screwed everyone I dealt with and made twice the money and then buggered off!

...NOT!

I am proud that all my deals were win/win for everyone.

So what would I really have changed?

I would have used some of the profits to buy out the copycats and remain unique. Instead I let them compete and although they were second best they cut into our income. We could have made more by buying and consolidating.

Unregistered
09-30-2005, 10:37 PM
Bingo!

Yeah, Nick, for once I will actually agree with you. I have done way more than most, and its been a real blast. I have lost more than most but I have seen more than most and will continue in that quest. Bad things? Well, I would have been the door you were knocking on when you were thinking about that kilo. Good things? Well, I am successful in a business where most crash and burn. What more could one ask for? Just booked my Carnival accomodations in Brazil, (Olinda)and my Villa in Provence...You know...just down the road from Cap Ferrat. A nice place Nick, I was there last year. So regrets? I have a few. This business? Nah, I just tick over better than most on this board anyway. I know that pains you guys, but facts is facts. There are other ways to do business and maybe you guys should start thinking outside this Oprano box. The pikey days are over. Traffic can be king but so is content. So, nick. Are you gonna ban my ip again? Not quite sure why you did that, actually. OK, unleash Hell....lol.

Unregistered
09-30-2005, 10:40 PM
Yeah, Nick, for once I will actually agree with you. I have done way more than most, and its been a real blast. I have lost more than most but I have seen more than most and will continue in that quest. Bad things? Well, I would have been the door you were knocking on when you were thinking about that kilo. Good things? Well, I am successful in a business where most crash and burn. What more could one ask for? Just booked my Carnival accomodations in Brazil, (Olinda)and my Villa in Provence...You know...just down the road from Cap Ferrat. A nice place Nick, I was there last year. So regrets? I have a few. This business? Nah, I just tick over better than most on this board anyway. I know that pains you guys, but facts is facts. There are other ways to do business and maybe you guys should start thinking outside this Oprano box. The pikey days are over. Traffic can be king but so is content. So, nick. Are you gonna ban my ip again? Not quite sure why you did that, actually. OK, unleash Hell....lol.

Oh and if it is important, I wear a Breitling and drive an E-Type. I trashed my Rolex's awhile ago when I lost interest. My wife wears a Cartier Tank watch. The last of the automatics. You wanna talk watches...I'm your man.

Nickatilynx
10-01-2005, 11:03 AM
Ah Springerdude the dancing monkey returns...

Trev
10-01-2005, 11:07 AM
So, nick. Are you gonna ban my ip again? Not quite sure why you did that, actually. OK, unleash Hell....lol.
It was me that banned your ip, I had to have a gimp to test it on and you fit the bill perfectly....

Nickatilynx
10-01-2005, 11:10 AM
And Still the same insanity.

""I'm a great traveller ,I know more about wine , I'm better than all of you. Especially Serge and Nick"

Really nuts.....

Unregistered
10-01-2005, 11:28 AM
And Still the same insanity.

""I'm a great traveller ,I know more about wine , I'm better than all of you. Especially Serge and Nick"

Really nuts.....

Gets on your tits, huh? Why is that, Jon?

Nickatilynx
10-01-2005, 11:29 AM

Not really.

I enjoy watching you dance.

And then when you bore me , I kick you :)

Unregistered
10-01-2005, 11:32 AM
Not really.

I enjoy watching you dance.

And then when you bore me , I kick you :)

Its your dance and your band. LMFAO

Trev
10-01-2005, 11:38 AM
You really are obsessed with Nick, do you have some kind of homo-mental hard on for him?

Trev
10-01-2005, 11:41 AM
Oh my mother fucking god!!!

Dude tell me this isn't your wife: http://www.ffstockings.com/

If that was my woman I'd be a fucking fruit loop like you as well!

Nickatilynx
10-01-2005, 11:45 AM
Oh my mother fucking god!!!

Dude tell me this isn't your wife: http://www.ffstockings.com/

If that was my woman I'd be a fucking fruit loop like you as well!

See if there is an email for her.

He hates it if you tell her he is acting a loony.

When she finds out she freaks on his ass people tell me.

Trev
10-01-2005, 12:01 PM
See if there is an email for her.

He hates it if you tell her he is acting a loony.

When she finds out she freaks on his ass people tell me.
I can only find: supportforjulia@ffstockings.com

Now I must go rinse my eyes out. :(

Newton
10-01-2005, 12:08 PM
I can only find: supportforjulia@ffstockings.com

Now I must go rinse my eyes out. :(

Smashee & Nicee it’s charity mate!

CDSmith
10-01-2005, 12:12 PM
If you woke up and were 18 years old again with all the knowledge and memories you have now, what would you do different?Problem: It's been over 20 years since I did the job I had when I was 18..... I'd be useless at it.
I'd need both... what I know now AND what I knew then. :unsure:

MorganGrayson
10-01-2005, 01:35 PM
No you wouldn't.

For better or worse.

That's the horrible catch in the "what would you change?" mental game.
There is something in my past that is so horrible it's effected every aspect of my life. (Don't ask, this is just brought up to give me a kick off point for what's coming next.) Now, it's the sort of thing that if you had preknowledge you'd desperately want to change. However, changing it would create a ripple effect that would take away everything I have now.

I wouldn't go through be 18 again for anything.

domtheboy
10-01-2005, 01:39 PM
I don't think I would change anything. Because then I wouldn't be who I am today.

My thoughts exactly :)

Red
10-01-2005, 01:55 PM
That's the horrible catch in the "what would you change?" mental game.
There is something in my past that is so horrible it's effected every aspect of my life. (Don't ask, this is just brought up to give me a kick off point for what's coming next.) Now, it's the sort of thing that if you had preknowledge you'd desperately want to change. However, changing it would create a ripple effect that would take away everything I have now.

I wouldn't go through be 18 again for anything.

I can understand your feelings since you've got a great husband and kids.
I gave up my dream and I'd love the chance to go for it again, regardless of the ripple effect.

Trev
10-01-2005, 02:56 PM
Smashee & Nicee it’s charity mate!
Classic! :okthumb:

http://www.tcphoto.co.uk/uploads/smashee___nicey.jpg

MorganGrayson
10-01-2005, 03:12 PM
I can understand your feelings since you've got a great husband and kids.
I gave up my dream and I'd love the chance to go for it again, regardless of the ripple effect.

If anything in my life could be called an "unfulfilled dream" it would be a degree in mathematics. I never wanted to actually be a mathematician, I just wanted the degree. Life just never worked out that way, though.

sarettah
10-01-2005, 05:10 PM
If I could do it all over again....

I'd be born as a rock :okthumb:

sarettah
10-01-2005, 05:12 PM

That is just sooooooooooooooo deep :blink:

(and lame too, but I won't mention that part of it)

Nickatilynx
10-01-2005, 05:12 PM
Classic! :okthumb:

http://www.tcphoto.co.uk/uploads/smashee___nicey.jpg

I'd like to be busier on the board today , but as you know I'm doing a lot of ummm charity work today.

sarettah
10-01-2005, 05:15 PM
No, I really would. I'd have money, since I would have knowledge of the stock market so the fear of starving in NY on my own wouldn't be there.
I wouldn't have a problem with taking the unknown option and changing my whole life. The known option was my first marriage. Thanks, but no thanks. :)

Oh, I didn't know that the rule was that you could carry the knowledge forward...

Let's see 18 and the knowledge I have... Oh, that is fucking easy.

I would just invest in Microsoft :okthumb:

sarettah
10-01-2005, 05:18 PM
I would have used some of the profits to buy out the copycats and remain unique. Instead I let them compete and although they were second best they cut into our income. We could have made more by buying and consolidating.

Yeah, but then there would be a lot of folks making their total living by running around copying Robin Nixon, ya know :blink:

Newton
10-01-2005, 05:31 PM
I'd like to be busier on the board today , but as you know I'm doing a lot of ummm charity work today.

Lets rock!! .. Bachman-Turner Overdrive

gold4dinar
10-01-2005, 05:54 PM
yeap

;)

Frank Sinatra - I did it my way
?

Nickatilynx
10-01-2005, 06:07 PM
Frank Sinatra - I did it my way
?

Written by Paul Anka , a Canadian :)

Red
10-01-2005, 06:41 PM
Oh, I didn't know that the rule was that you could carry the knowledge forward...

Let's see 18 and the knowledge I have... Oh, that is fucking easy.

I would just invest in Microsoft :okthumb:

Yes, that's the rule. You would retain all of your knowledge and memories.

The book is called Replay, written by Ken Grimwood. It's the story of a 43 year old man who has a heart attack and dies, only to wake up in his 18 year old body with all memories of the future in tact. He makes changes in his life and when he reaches 43 again he has the same heart attack and replays his life again and again only starting further along in his life with each replay. It's a fascinating book.

Newton
10-01-2005, 06:46 PM
Personally I would change nothing .. i have had a good crack and lucky to live as long as I have lol no regrets ... lots of laughs and fun times

Dravyk
10-01-2005, 07:06 PM
Personally I would change nothing .. i have had a good crack and lucky to live as long as I have lol no regrets ... lots of laughs and fun timesWe don't want to hear about your crack.

And don't show it to us either! http://oprano.com/msgboard/images/smilies/wink.gif

Red
10-01-2005, 07:09 PM
We don't want to hear about your crack.

And don't show it to us either! http://oprano.com/msgboard/images/smilies/wink.gif

Party pooper. :mad:

Dravyk
10-01-2005, 07:14 PM
Party pooper. :mad:No poop pics either!

Newton
10-01-2005, 07:16 PM
Does tubgirl qualify?

Dravyk
10-01-2005, 07:18 PM
Does tubgirl qualify?Overly. :barfon:

Red
10-01-2005, 08:11 PM
Does tubgirl qualify?

Tubgirl?

sarettah
10-01-2005, 11:03 PM
Tubgirl?

You do not want to ask for that, no no no no.....

First one who posts it is banned dammit....

Including you Nick :yowsa:

(please please please do not take that as a dare)

MorganGrayson
10-02-2005, 11:24 AM
You do not want to ask for that, no no no no.....

First one who posts it is banned dammit....

Including you Nick :yowsa:

(please please please do not take that as a dare)

Like Red, I have absolutely no idea what it means. Like Red - I'm certain - I want to give you mass cuddles, sarettah, for diving in front of us and preventing what I'm certain is something gawdawful from happening. :waving:

I think Dravyk would prefer to give you a manly handshake, so we'll give you extra cuddles. :)

Red
10-02-2005, 12:28 PM
Like Red, I have absolutely no idea what it means. Like Red - I'm certain - I want to give you mass cuddles, sarettah, for diving in front of us and preventing what I'm certain is something gawdawful from happening. :waving:

I think Dravyk would prefer to give you a manly handshake, so we'll give you extra cuddles. :)

And we now have so many cuddles we can give you.
:3some::3some2::Lets_do_i There are more, but some make Morgan ill, so I won't post them, but if you want those cuddles baby you just let me know. ;)

Dravyk
10-02-2005, 02:06 PM
You do not want to ask for that, no no no no.....What he said!