PDA

View Full Version : So what do you think of (HBO's) "Rome"?

Dravyk
09-26-2005, 02:18 AM
Haven't seen the "play" that "Deadwood" got (maybe cause they don't say cocksucker every minute). Nor the love for "The Sopranos". In fact haven't heard anyone mention it. So ... what do you think of the show?

Myself, while it's not as good as the two mentioned, four episdoes in now, I'm getting slowly, ever-so-more interested in the characters, and starting to look forward to the next episode. Didn't happen immediately though; sorta creeping up on me.

Hell Puppy
09-26-2005, 02:45 AM
Haven't seen the "play" that "Deadwood" got (maybe cause they don't say cocksucker every minute). Nor the love for "The Sopranos". In fact haven't heard anyone mention it. So ... what do you think of the show?

Myself, while it's not as good as the two mentioned, four episdoes in now, I'm getting slowly, ever-so-more interested in the characters, and starting to look forward to the next episode. Didn't happen immediately though; sorta creeping up on me.

I like it. Much more political than Deadwood. Titus is my hero.

Much like other recent HBO offerings though, you have to give it a chance to setup the characters and it's may fall victim to short attention spans. Plenty of nudity may prevent that though.

Peaches
09-26-2005, 08:13 AM
it's may fall victim to short attention spans.
Yep, it lost me after the first 2 or 3 episodes. I think if I had paid attention (or even attended) history classes in school I might have appreciated it more.

mojobill
09-26-2005, 10:52 AM
I've become more and more interested in it... the characters are becoming more involved, and the plot is getting more interesting. I think in the long run, this will be a winner!

Nickatilynx
09-26-2005, 10:54 AM
I tried watching the first episode....wasn't too impressed.

Red
09-26-2005, 11:02 AM
I tried watching the first episode....wasn't too impressed.

Same here. I didn't finish watching it, but Defiant kept watching and now he's really into it.

I miss Six Feet Under and I'm waiting for Deadwood and The Sopranos to start.

TheEnforcer
09-26-2005, 11:15 AM
I was relaly thinking of ordering HBO just to watch it but didn't follow through.

HotMovies_Jason
09-26-2005, 12:12 PM
it's a good show especially if you are familiar with the rise and fall of the empire...but it's no Curb Your Enthusiasm...I'm so stoked it's back!

Newton
09-26-2005, 12:18 PM
Will have to keep an eye open for it if it ever reaches these shores

Almighty Colin
09-26-2005, 12:29 PM
"The book" is better. :-)

Bama
09-26-2005, 12:56 PM
It's not bad - plus it's listed in HBO's on deman menu here so I got to catch up on an episode I had missed.