PDA

View Full Version : Terrorism, Katrina, what's next, the plague ????

sarettah
09-15-2005, 12:40 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=1128953

Plague Infected Mice missing from New Jersey Lab

Sept. 15, 2005 — The FBI and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention are investigating the disappearance from a New Jersey research lab of at least three mice carrying a deadly strain of plague.

The rodents have been missing for two weeks.

Sources say FBI agents and bioterrorism experts are interviewing and polygraphing employees at the University of Medicine and Dentistry in Newark, N.J., the location of the lab run by the Public Health Research Institute, a leading center for research on infectious diseases.

There are no indications of terrorism.

One source admitted that while officials are saying there is minimal health risk, no one can be entirely certain.

MorganGrayson
09-15-2005, 12:44 PM
If they've been missing for two weeks, there are no longer *just* "at least three mice." They're working on a nice colony by now.

I'm blanking on the title of the movie, but it has Dustin Hoffman, Rene Russo, Kevin Spacey and a cute little monkey in it. It shows the incredible layers of protection used to protect researchers from deadly viruses. (Of course, in the movie, one of the layers of protection failed.)

You'd really think they would have managed to contain their mice a little better. Actually...a lot better.

Trev
09-15-2005, 01:07 PM
If they've been missing for two weeks, there are no longer *just* "at least three mice." They're working on a nice colony by now.

I'm blanking on the title of the movie, but it has Dustin Hoffman, Rene Russo, Kevin Spacey and a cute little monkey in it. It shows the incredible layers of protection used to protect researchers from deadly viruses. (Of course, in the movie, one of the layers of protection failed.)

You'd really think they would have managed to contain their mice a little better. Actually...a lot better.
Outbreak.

MorganGrayson
09-15-2005, 01:21 PM
Outbreak.

Thank you, crumpet. :stroke:

Osiris
09-15-2005, 01:27 PM
Crazy, man! It's time to build a shelter and stock up on everything that I can! I got it, we could all group together and build an underground city that's sealed off from the rest of the world! :D

Dravyk
09-15-2005, 01:36 PM
Crazy, man! It's time to build a shelter and stock up on everything that I can! I got it, we could all group together and build an underground city that's sealed off from the rest of the world! :DCan we call it "Montreal"? :p

Newton
09-15-2005, 01:44 PM
Can we call it "Montreal"? :p

Seconded!!

XxXotic
09-15-2005, 02:41 PM
Can we call it "Montreal"? :pooooooooh you said the "M" word, I'm tellin mom! :o

Dravyk
09-15-2005, 03:25 PM
ooooooooh you said the "M" word, I'm tellin mom! :oShhhhhhh! :eh: